• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Read this thread and pretend you know nothing about .22 guns and ammo and it appears that .22 owners are the ones who are crazy. Hoarders, and preppers, and neckbeards, oh my.
    This type of thread on every forum has gracious .22 owners buying the least amount of ammo possible and only keeping limited quantities. The same people who claim the only people who are buying .22 ammo are hoarders, gougers, and batstuff-crazy preppers are the ones leaving ammo for them to scarf up. The most elusive product in America is right there but .22 owners won't purchase as much as they want or need. Here comes neckbeard!
    So .22 owners now have to pay "ol' neckbeard" prices for .22 ammo and support the entrepreneurs who went above and beyond the efforts of gracious .22 owners to achieve their goal of finding and purchasing .22 ammo. Hell, they got so good at it they were able to take everyone's .22 ammo and make millions of dollars.
    Once conservative minded .22 owners have turned into liberal democrats on what defines how much of a product one may have and for what price they are allowed to resell it. You may only have what you'll shoot in the immediate future or else you are hoarding what real .22 owners could be shooting today. Those who are ambitious and successful in their ability to profit are now given a derogatory name, demonized, and should choke to death on their inventory.
    I hate that I can't go into WalMart with a five dollar bill and come out with ammo and change left over. I hate that I'm not comfortable with the amount of .22lr ammo that I have. I hate that plinking doesn't have the same never ending feeling it once had. I hate that this subject has turned gun owners into the same type of "haters" they once opposed.

I hate that losers that have no job and wait at Academy and Walmart to profit off their fellow shooters. It's just a scrappy way to try and profit. Get a real job? Hmm, that's just a natural reaction. There's nothing admiral in what you neckbeards do, it's just taking advantage of a situation....might add; your fellow shooters.

Golf clap to the bottom feeder
    Entrepreneurs. Classy!

Anyone needing some 22lr that can't find any PM me and I'll send you a 50 round pack as long as you're not reselling. Scratch the back of a fellow shooter!
    Target Sports

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    5000-10,000 rounds of defense ammo squirreled away for SHTF. I can understand. Maybe as much .22 lr. Most will be dead, robbed or run off a stash thsy can't cary long before thsy use it up. Or just have to abandon it for some reason. I can think of way better things to stash hat would be more portable, hideable and tradeable than noisy ammo that gives away your position to to those that would love to take it.

Like coffee, cigarettes and lighters. And water filters.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    5000-10,000 rounds of defense ammo squirreled away for SHTF. I can understand. Maybe as much .22 lr. Most will be dead, robbed or run off a stash thsy can't cary long before thsy use it up. Or just have to abandon it for some reason. I can think of way better things to stash hat would be more portable, hideable and tradeable than noisy ammo that gives away your position to to those that would love to take it.

...and booze and condoms. :)

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

That's just for the first day. Now start building your stash for the rest of your life.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    If I get in a gun battle and survive long enough to go through 5,000 rounds, they are bad enough I can run up and scare them to death without shooting.
    You're right, best to avoid and save ammo for no other options.

tango5seven

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    DFW
    My saying is that if I ever HAVE to shoot all the ammo I have, I won't live long enough to shoot it all...

A firefight that long really needs air support.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Somebody screwed up.
    Told customers yesterday we were getting 20 boxes of Federal 325ct match in today. Nobody showed up. We still have 6 left at 5:30. Even had one guy say they were too much at 5.8 cents each.
    Have 30 boxes of win 333 coming sun morning.
    And yes, I got my three boxes before I clocked in.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I just paid WAY too much for a 600 box of .22 short but I like the shorts for my old Winchester Model 68. The .22 LR stick in the chamber and are difficult to eject. I guess it was used for decades with 'shorts' and the chamber is eroded.

https://www.czechpoint-usa.com/ammunition

The shorts feed, fire, and eject just fine so that is what it gets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Two boxes of shorts are more than what I paid for the rifle!!!! but it is what it is!!
    Shorts are hard to find so I get some when I see them.

bob

Last edited:

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    accepts paypal for ammo AND will ship via USPS. luuuuulzzz

Austin : 1900 rounds of 22 lr, Central Texas, PAYPAL, $150 : Rifle Ammo

He's local to me. I texted him and sent him the postal PDF on shipping hazardous materials being a no-no. He's updated the ad.

Given that he's offering it at $.08/rd, I respect him a little more than those asking $.10 and higher. He texted me back asking for an offer, but I don't need it (and wouldn't pay more than $.06 if I did). I have enough to shoot for a while.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    He's local to me. I texted him and sent him the postal PDF on shipping hazardous materials being a no-no. He's updated the ad.

Given that he's offering it at $.08/rd, I respect him a little more than those asking $.10 and higher. He texted me back asking for an offer, but I don't need it (and wouldn't pay more than $.06 if I did). I have enough to shoot for a while.

interesting, not quite a full blown neckbeard them...a jr neckbeard, the beard is only 1/2 way down the length of his neck.

Rbtreasures

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2015
    Pay pal told me I could not sell ammo or firearms and accept them for anything so I quit accepting them

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Burnt Jeep

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2014
    Woodway,TX
    In Waco you can walk into Academy or Cabelas on any given day and buy a brick of 22 now. I was at the cabelas in buda on Monday and they also had 500 round Remington bricks on the shelf. Cabelas also increased their daily limits.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    They'll be back next summer, before the elections. I expect the shelves to go bare on everything again in the lead up to November 2016. Make regular and small purchases now and you should be good to go thru the next panic.

Burnt Jeep

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2014
    Woodway,TX
    They'll be back next summer, before the elections. I expect the shelves to go bare on everything again in the lead up to November 2016. Make regular and small purchases now and you should be good to go thru the next panic.

That's good advice for most common calibers esspically 5.56.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish

That has been the lesson learned from the last two elections.
    Get it now while you can.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Grasshopper & the Ant.

Every day for the last three years, I have been happy to buy one, two or three boxes of 50-or 100 round count boxes of .22 LR.

Since Wal Mart is unpredictable, I stick with Academy and a few on-line sellers like Target Sports and Midway USA.

I now have stockpiled enough .22 LR to last my lifetime.

Was it difficult? No.

Was it a pain in the Ass? Yes.

It was easier to buy single packs than bulk packs, and the single packs tend to yield higher accuracy.

Be well.

Top Bottom