28 years ago today...

andre3k

TGT Supporter
Aug 8, 2008
Houston
I was in 8th grade Social Studies class when it burned. My teacher teared up at the thought of all those kids inside being burned alive.

Its been said that most of the bodies inside also had gunshot wounds. Were those self inflicted prior to the fire or did they come from the FBI agents shooting from behind the armored vehicles?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

justmax

Jul 28, 2019
Kingwood
Keep in mind that the DEA was created and the ATF was re-tasked in a knee jerk reaction after the 1968 assignations of MLK and RFK. When you need to staff and arm a federal agency in a hasty manner, where do you get those people?

The answer is a sad one, you hire every graduate of FLETC you can. The problem is that all the A and B students have been scooped up by FBI, Border Patrol, USPS, and any number of other established agencies. That only leaves the C and D students that barely graduated. Many washed out over time, but some stayed and went on to run things. To me, that explains a lot.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
Apr 13, 2018
Texas
Grades have nothing to do with shit. Look what the fbi did with victims of Epstein. Didn’t listen. If it wasn’t for the bravery of a local agency, justice wouldn’t have been served.

Haystack

Jan 2, 2021
Edom, TX
That was a sad day when the ATF got away with murder. Granted, there were crazy people in there, but they didn't have to die in fire. Vernon Howell's grandmother lived near us. I never met him, and he was nuts, but to do what they did was murder. And yet........ I don't remember a protest.

Axxe55

Just a man, and his dogs.
Dec 15, 2019
In the Deep East Texas Pineywoods!
Waco was another federal agency fiasco. They were not far from the fiasco that was Ruby Ridge, and they needed an operation to gain back public support. Waco was delivered to them with huge bow tied to it.

One of the allegations was that Koresh was kiddy diddler, but what's rather funny about that, those allegations weren't to my recollection made till the investigations started after the smoke cleared from Waco. Maybe he was, or maybe he wasn't, but it's easy to make such allegations when the person you are making towards is dead.

And guess who was in charge of the investigations? Janet Reno. The same attorney general that hindered the state of Idaho from prosecuting the FBI agents that were charged with murder in the Ruby Ridge fiasco. And also, one of the FBI agents charged in Idaho, was also at Waco. Coincidence? I seriously doubt that.

Sad fact is, people didn't have to die at Waco. They could have done things so much differently, but IMO, they needed a highly publicized media event on national TV to gain back some public support and credibility.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics

Threads