• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bultx1215

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Bulverde, TX
    Man, that's a LOT of brass. If I was still in the brass business, I'd be watching that one closely. Brass doesn't sell so well these days. We were gonna bid on one of those out of Yuma....16k# of 5.56. Ended up not doing it after all.

FWIW, that is roughly 121,800 cases.

Bultx1215

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Bulverde, TX
    280,000+ cases......mmmmm. That was the type deal we were after. Never got any..lots of sniping. I cold have made a flippin fortune off that many cases in '08.

medalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    New Mexico
    The bidding does not even start until 10/7. The $150 is the opening bid on nearly every lot that's offered. I've won some of these before, so don't think you'll get it for $150 or anywhere near that. Look at it before bidding. The lot may contain a lot of blanks and there's no guarantee of what's in there. This one will probably go for around $6500. You have to provide an End User's Certificate. There's a seller's fee tacked onto every lot, 10% as I recall. Then you have to pick it up and bring it back. Bid on it and you can see the results. Just place one bid right at the opening and watch them go. Keep in mind if it sells for 2.50 per pound, the seller's fee brings it up to $2.75 a pound, that's .065 per piece if all of it is good salable brass. It won't be.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    If nothing else, it is an interesting site to find almost anything you can imagine, and a few things that you can't... They had some incredible prices on big generators, but they were too far away to pick up economically. Because this was in San Antonio I thought it might spark some interest.

I have never entered one of these auctions, but I am sure some have to be overlooked, and go for very reasonable prices. The brass is a commodity and is probably watched more closely than other items.

gt40mki

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I would've much rather been pressing the buttons on the minigun that spit those out than cleaning, removing the crimp, measuring and reloading those cases...

Hell I have about 600 cases of .300wm and I'm so OCD about weighing all my components that 600 feel like waaaay too many.

medalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    New Mexico
    That lot went for $7560 and with the 10% premium that's a total of $8316 or $2.13 a pound for the .223 brass. At 73/pound the high bidder paid .03 each for 3,000 pounds of .223 brass. Hardly gonna get rich at that price.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom