• ...and so much more!
  • MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    No defensive posture, just my commentary on the topic.

I believe that I understand your premise, but LEO at the state and local level have to go through training on the U.S. Constitution as well as real world application of the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th amendments to name a few.

I respect your opinion that LE is not educated on the founders and the constitution of the United States, (not surprisingly) I just dont agree with it.

Hell im sure all of them are educated on the constitution as well as the states constitutions. The problem is, I have actually seen some cops that couldnt care less about it. The first time this became apparent to me was about 10 years ago. A DPS officer pulled me over, for what I cant remember, and asked if I had any gun in my truck. I said " what difference does it make". He said it doesnt to him because he swore to uphold the Constitution of the United State and the Constitution of the State of Texas. He then asked me a couple more questions that were pretty much yes or no and ended up with a final question of have you committed any crimes.
    Back then I had no clue what his responces meant but know I do. By upholding the United States Constitution he felt like guns in my truck were none of anyones business, and to uphold the " With a view to prevent crime part" of the Texas State Constitution he asked if I had committed any crimes.
    Kinda all makes sence to me know days. I actually see that it would be a tough job in Texas to uphold the Constitution's when the states constitution has crap in it that clearly infringes on the U.S. Constitution.
    I have had " newbie" local city cops act in a manner that clearly shows they could give a shit less about someones rights and that the worst part because they recently took the oath to protect those constitutions.
    It doesnt matter if your a Cop or someone working at Acadamy, anywhere you go you'll find people that have no respect for individual rights.
    If anyone wants to put some detailed thought to this issue, you will find it all starts with State Legislature. Sure cops enforce BS that pisses us all off. They even get trashed when people encounter them. The real fact is it all starts with Legislature! Legislature is where people need to focus all of their attention to.
    When state law makers cant respect peoples right, then how in the hell can anyone expect all the cops to?

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Precisely!! Over the decades in order to bypass the US Constitution and the Courts, the executive branch (the freaking bureaucrat at the Fed, State, and Local level) has through "edict" reduced our freedoms and our unalienable rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Why access to, and possession of, weapons are critical. Remember: When the people fear the government, you have tyranny. When the government fears the people, you have liberty which = GUNS!!

This statement contradicts the other statements you have made.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Sure.
    You said, " Precisely!! Over the decades in order to bypass the US Constitution and the Courts, the executive branch (the freaking bureaucrat at the Fed, State, and Local level) has through "edict" reduced our freedoms and our unalienable rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

Due to other post you have made supporting restrictions on the 2nd amendment, I find this quote a little contradicting.

Me, the only restrictions I see necessary are those forced upon criminals , " with a view to prevent crime"!

Maybe you should elaborate on what restrictions you find acceptable such as I just did. Restricting open carry doesnt prevent crime, nor is it reasonable.

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    Sure.
    You said, " Precisely!! Over the decades in order to bypass the US Constitution and the Courts, the executive branch (the freaking bureaucrat at the Fed, State, and Local level) has through "edict" reduced our freedoms and our unalienable rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

Due to other post you have made supporting restrictions on the 2nd amendment, I find this quote a little contradicting.

Me, the only restrictions I see necessary are those forced upon criminals , " with a view to prevent crime"!

Maybe you should elaborate on what restrictions you find acceptable such as I just did. Restricting open carry doesnt prevent crime, nor is it reasonable.

Like other posters, you need to read what I write. My only issue with many as to the 2A is when OC enthusiasts have stated the absence of OC is a restriction on the 2A in regard to "bear arms" and "keep arms". In other words, my issue is that per the 2A, the absence of OC is NOT a restriction on the 2A!! How many times do I have to state my position?

You need to first seek to understand and then to be understood.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX

Sorrry - but your references refer back to the Police Association for College Education: Information Paper - which never cites a specific number, "The Police Chief" Magazine, which isn't a working link, nor is "Journal of Police and Criminal Psychology". The final link simply lists "usual" requirements...which cites: "Education and training. Applicants usually must have at least a high school education, and some departments require 1 or 2 years of college coursework or, in some cases, a college degree."
    So in this instance, so far I see no validation of the claimed educational levels...

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Like other posters, you need to read what I write. My only issue with many as to the 2A is when OC enthusiasts have stated the absence of OC is a restriction on the 2A in regard to "bear arms" and "keep arms". In other words, my issue is that per the 2A, the absence of OC is NOT a restriction on the 2A!! How many times do I have to state my position?

You need to first seek to understand and then to be understood.
    I know exactly what you been sayin and your opinion is simply your own.
    I say your wrong though.
    Reasonable restrictions would be preventing criminals from having guns, not the general public who hasnt done anything wrong!
    Reasonable isnt the same thing as not allow something at all..

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    I know exactly what you been sayin and your opinion is simply your own.
    I say your wrong though.
    Reasonable restrictions would be preventing criminals from having guns, not the general public who hasnt done anything wrong!
    Reasonable isnt the same thing as not allow something at all..

Yes, it is my "educated" opinion and the Courts seem to agree with this "educated" opinion. The absence of OC does not infringe upon the 2A, no matter how bad you want it to.

So what else do you have? Anything? Or are you just going to continue to spew your opinion and platitudes without judicial substance. Why do you think the absence of OC as a violation of the 2A has not been submitted to SCOTUS?

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Sorrry - but your references refer back to the Police Association for College Education: Information Paper - which never cites a specific number, "The Police Chief" Magazine, which isn't a working link, nor is "Journal of Police and Criminal Psychology". The final link simply lists "usual" requirements...which cites: "Education and training. Applicants usually must have at least a high school education, and some departments require 1 or 2 years of college coursework or, in some cases, a college degree."
    So in this instance, so far I see no validation of the claimed educational levels...
    it is from a 2006 article which is probably why the link isnt up anymore.
    i am well aware of what the educational requirements for the job of a police officer is, that was not the issue here. i was referring to the level of education that police officers have.
    23% of law enforcement having a bachelor's degree is probably on the low side today. in some departments the number would be much higher. i will browse for more stats that you can see if you are doubting that police do go to college...lol

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    It's not that I'm critical of the proposition - it's just that given my personal contacts with many officers, few of them are degreed. Some are close, some aren't - but by and large, 99% of 'em do their very level best in a tough situation. Bear in mind that I have 4 family members currently serving as LEO's - so I've got a definitive bias in favor of LE - I just sincerely doubt the accuracy of the claims.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    It's not that I'm critical of the proposition - it's just that given my personal contacts with many officers, few of them are degreed. Some are close, some aren't - but by and large, 99% of 'em do their very level best in a tough situation. Bear in mind that I have 4 family members currently serving as LEO's - so I've got a definitive bias in favor of LE - I just sincerely doubt the accuracy of the claims.
    I doubt them too. I think the number is much higher...most officers I interact with daily have degrees. But I am sure location has alot to do with education level.

Top Bottom