• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Like other posters, you need to read what I write. My only issue with many as to the 2A is when OC enthusiasts have stated the absence of OC is a restriction on the 2A in regard to "bear arms" and "keep arms". In other words, my issue is that per the 2A, the absence of OC is NOT a restriction on the 2A!! How many times do I have to state my position?

You need to first seek to understand and then to be understood.

Why do you think the abolition or restriction of open carry isn't an infringement on the right to bear arms?
    Guns International

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Now I know I'm a little late to this conversation, but . . .. . . what does a bachalor's degree have to do with anything?

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    Now I know I'm a little late to this conversation, but . . .. . . what does a bachalor's degree have to do with anything?

EXACTLY ! Just because you don't have a "degree", does not mean you don't have an education. It just means that you don't have a paper to say you are educated.

I can't speak for local or state LEO's, but I know that the FBI and DEA require a degree before you ever become an agent. I can also say that a fair precentage of them have a masters degree. Not that having a formal education has anything to do with being a good LEO.

I know some of the smartest people in the word DON'T have a "degree", I have also met some "dumb" people that have a masters degree.

My point to this whole "rant", is that anyone, with no education "CAN" be just as good ,or better then all the schooling in the world can provide. Just depends on the person.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    You can't be serious - you REALLY think I feel that way? If it wasn't so dumb a question, I'd be insulted. The courts have held that constitutional rights are suspended for convicted felons, and I agree with that. A stalker? No - because unless he's been convicted of a felony he's done nothing to lose his FEDERAL rights over. Habitual wife beater? I may not wanna be his buddy - but again, unless he's been convicted of a felony, not much we can do about it.

Well when you use the word "any" it implies, "all".

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    No sir - I support those restrictions that are provided by the Constitution, or eludicated by a ruling of the Supreme Court. Not those created by a government bureaucrat.

You just agreed to reasonable restrictions employed by the Gun Control Act of 1968, not the Constitution, earlier in this thread.

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    :sign0101: From a debate as to reasonable restrictions on 2A to college/non-college educated LEO. Not sure how we got there.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Really? Where?

You can't be serious - you REALLY think I feel that way? If it wasn't so dumb a question, I'd be insulted. The courts have held that constitutional rights are suspended for convicted felons, and I agree with that. A stalker? No - because unless he's been convicted of a felony he's done nothing to lose his FEDERAL rights over. Habitual wife beater? I may not wanna be his buddy - but again, unless he's been convicted of a felony, not much we can do about it.

The Gun Control Act of 1968 is what stipulates whom holds the right to bear arms. It is a series of reasonable restrictions on the 2nd Amendment that was drafted in Congress and approved by Congress and LBJ. I personally would change some verbage in the bill, but it's pretty comprehensive.

Top Bottom