Military Camp

30.06 at the Pasadena Gun Show, seriously?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    Well I met Flash up at the Pasadena High Caliber show Saturday; just before buying the tickets we (g/f and I) noticed a large 30.06 sign at the entrance. At a gun show? Really? WTF High Caliber? I was seriously pissed off, ready to give the promoters an ear full of nastiness for posting that damn sign. But being the sweet young lass she is, my girlfriend talked me out of it. The NRA booth fella outside said it was due to some idiot shooting himself in the hand at a previous show... Who the f' has a loaded gun out of the holster (assuming a CHL holder) inside the building?

Anyhow, has anyone else noticed a 30.06 sign at the gun shows? If it was at the last show, it wasn't obvious. If we were not there to meet Flash, I would have turned around and left. That's the last time High Caliber gets my business.
    ARJ Defense ad

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    30.06 signs are posted at virtually all gun shows in Texas. This has been an ongoing controversy for a while.

The bigger issue is how they get away with it at the shows that are held in government owned venues, which are generally not allowed to be posted by statute.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Legal or not, I'm not going to buck the signs. I've been going to the guns shows there for almost 20 years and don't want to screw that up.

Speaking of the gun shows. They always say that the winner of a door prize drawing will win some kind of prize. In 20 years, I have NEVER seen anyone win or even KNOW of anyone who won something. If someone knows differently, I'd sure like to hear about it!

Flash

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    30.06 signs are posted at virtually all gun shows in Texas. This has been an ongoing controversy for a while.

The bigger issue is how they get away with it at the shows that are held in government owned venues, which are generally not allowed to be posted by statute.

No statute prevents a government owned location from posting signs. The ONLY question one need consider is enforceability.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    That may be legally correct but when there are two or three uniformed LEO's stationed at the door checking weapons, it's not a chance I can afford to take. Good luck to you should you choose to become a test case.

Are they searching people or running metal detectors? Test case is irrelevant. If the location is owned or leased by a government entity there is nothing to enforce. Don't get in a pissing match with a cop, though.

Better to just keep your mouth closed.

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    Are they searching people or running metal detectors? Test case is irrelevant. If the location is owned or leased by a government entity there is nothing to enforce. Don't get in a pissing match with a cop, though.

Better to just keep your mouth closed.

Not at the Pasadena show, one officer just asked to check my pistol (that I had for sale) and if I had any other guns or ammunition. I could have easily walked in with my carry weapon.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I noticed this at the Ft Worth gun show and the response I got here was that it was unenforceable due to the Will Rogers complex being govt owned. I didn't care to push it though.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    They don't.

30.06 is not valid at a gun show.

Agree, but most people don't realize this. The shows around here have 30.06 signs and some guy on the loudspeaker making announcements, and both those shows are held on government property to boot (SA show and Austin Saxet). And the Police Officers at the shows seem serious about making arrests.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Agree, but most people don't realize this. The shows around here have 30.06 signs and some guy on the loudspeaker making announcements, and both those shows are held on government property to boot (SA show and Austin Saxet). And the Police Officers at the shows seem serious about making arrests.

I know. But I am pointing it anyway, so at least folks on this forum will know.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I emailed High Caliber, lets see if and how they respond.
    What do you hope to achieve?
    Pasadena, TX Convention Center = Government owned. You can carry unless there is a professional sporting event or a couple of other exceptions.

There are more exceptions than just that sign. By checking in a gun and handing it back to you the policeman has ....

Get this..

Really a shocker....

Drum Roll Please .......

Given you permission to carry that gun at the show. Loaded or unloaded isn't defined.

Anyone who's afraid of the police presence at the show checking guns in and won't carry their CHL... You've lost the right to say "out of my cold dead hands" etc. for being a 2nd amendment ninny.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Given you permission to carry that gun at the show. Loaded or unloaded isn't defined.

Exactly.

30.06 is not valid at gun show, it not valid on govt property, and even if it were valid when checker gives you the gun back to enter show, you get "effective consent" to carry on the property.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom