• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xd.40

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    dallas tx
    No. It's just like if you witness a rape and the rapist runs away, you can't shoot him in the back. You can only shoot him in the act. The areas of CHL laws are so grey it's like a ninety year old man outside during an overcast day.

I was trying my very best to "troll", I obviously did a terrible job at it. but thank you for the reply :)

Obamascared

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2013
    I am not in favor of any obama liberal gun banning strategy. But I am only responding that there is a Ice skating rink at that mall and all of these kids and parents have mini suitcases. That is why most are there. That said a thug could use that to his advantage. And PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO CARRY LAWFULLY ANYWHERE.

Texasslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    houston
    Saw this one at the entrance near Rainforest Cafe.
    puduruje.jpg

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    My wife and I no longer shop at Grapevine Mills. Last trip there a wanna-be rapper and his crew took turns stealing T-shirts from a kiosk while the sales clerk attention was diverted. I approached them and told them to put the shirts back to which I received the expected torrent of profanity. The Grapevine police have an office there in the mall close by so I went and reported the incident. The police officer's response? "Meh". He told me that he would only respond if the kiosk owner complained. I told him that my wife and I will spend our hard-earned money elsewhere in a city that cares about stopping such activity. Never been back, never will.
    Interestingly, the sign at Grapevine Mills says nothing about saggy-a$$ shoplifters.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    you guys go to malls?

I there is something at a store in the mall I need, I buy it online.

as far as the anchor stores not having signs, you would think that the mall should know that they can't enforce anyone caught in the property unless all entrances are legally signed

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Actually 30.06 does not require all entrances be posted. Just that a sign be conspicuously visible to the public. Gray area, I agree

Several years ago, there was a guy who walked into a local hospital entrance and he was carrying. somehow, he got caught and the staff called the PD
    He took them to the door he used and sure enough, contractors had covered the sign with equipment and he did not get charged.

I heard that story 2nd hand, but I had been under the impression that in a situation like that all entrances accessible to the public had to be signed or it was going to be hard for the property owner to have a CCW holder charged

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    This whole thread makes me wonder if god forbid, something like Kenya happens in a mall in here and CHL holders do not carry. I wonder where does the law suit start and who would be held accountable for all the deaths due to no firearm policy.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    This whole thread makes me wonder if god forbid, something like Kenya happens in a mall in here and CHL holders do not carry. I wonder where does the law suit start and who would be held accountable for all the deaths due to no firearm policy.

There have been many shootings in public " no firearms" locations. The internet has many sites explaining safety liability and forseeability.

zeke4351

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    What do you do with your gun while you walk in and find the owner/manager to hand that card to?

I go right on carrying concealed. In my state it is not a violation of any law. These signs mean nothing. They can ask you to leave but they never know I am packing.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Several years ago, there was a guy who walked into a local hospital entrance and he was carrying. somehow, he got caught and the staff called the PD
    He took them to the door he used and sure enough, contractors had covered the sign with equipment and he did not get charged.

I heard that story 2nd hand, but I had been under the impression that in a situation like that all entrances accessible to the public had to be signed or it was going to be hard for the property owner to have a CCW holder charged

The law requires the person "received notice", if hey do not post all entrances or signs are covered up as you mention above, then it is possible the person did not "receive notice" and thus no violation of the law too place.

Top Bottom