• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    My belief is that a firearm belongs with someone who loves it. If you are unhappy with a firearm, or simply just never use it because you have other firearms you like better, then you should seriously consider selling it or gifting it to a relative or friend. (Thinking like father to son.) The reason I say this is that sometimes it's hard to part with your guns. If you are anything like me, then for at least some part of your life it was difficult to afford to buy a new gun. They become something you value, even when you no longer really like one of them. You have to remind yourself that someone else may find that to be a really wonderful piece of equipment.

I was in a local gun shop one day and a guy came in with an old .270. He said he inherited if from his grandfather, but he doesn't hunt and he'd moved gun case around too many times. He needed parts for his bike and wanted to sell it. A week later, I was in the same shop and a young man was buying the same rifle. He had a look on his face like a 6 year old does on Christmas morning. He said he'd been wanting a rifle like that for a long time and was overjoyed that he found such a nice one and at a price he could afford. Everyone got what they wanted or needed.

I’ve played the role of the young man a couple of times.

I traded my guitar and $32 for an old 30-30 about 30 years ago.
    Capitol Armory ad

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Alot of old shooters are in for a world of WTF should they not pass before the young ones inherit and sell their cherished belongings. And it's not just the firearms.
    Maybe I just pay closer attention to some or talk to more people about life and it's realities. I don't know?

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Alot of old shooters are in for a world of WTF should they not pass before the young ones inherit and sell their cherished belongings. And it's not just the firearms.
    Maybe I just pay closer attention to some or talk to more people about life and it's realities. I don't know?
    Mine enjoys shooting and understands the reasons behind the 2A.

As far as other material possession? I suspect you are right. Some things I value will be sold. But I will be in a place where I no longer have concerns over material possessions.

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    Replace it with a 7mm Mag as it would hold more merit over the o6.

c282a4d2fb896ea8ca671a4d337578cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    The 7mm Rem Mag, the perfect solution, to a problem that does not exist.
    The 7 mag is one of the better long range cartridges out there other than the new school calibers. Long range and high BC is what the new kids in the block get excited about. And that's what it offers. Your opinion may vary but a Google search may be in order?
    PS I'm not a 7 mag fan but I don't overlook it's worth.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Long range and high BC is what the new kids in the block get excited about.

Yeah and they blow their load every week over every cartridge that some boardroom at Federal or Hornady decides to put more than $20 worth of marketing into.

There being too many new cartridges suckering in buyers isn't a new thing. Winchester and Remington basically do it for a living.

"BuT YOu GotTa sHOOt tHe BRaND neW 7.61.9x50.9mm BrO!"

download (3).png
    raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa_ca443f4786.jpg
    soyjak.jpg

Bully

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    .30-06 is the pinnacle of American exceptionalism. Powerful, elegant, modern. It spent over 50 years turning German, French, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese family trees into wilted shrubbery.

It is a cartridge so perfect, that the only people who hate it are gays and communists. It has no time for metric numbers. This round has killed it all. Armored vehicles? Check. Planes? Done! Dangerous game? Yup. People? Don't get me started.

Be something future generations would be proud of. Shoot .30-06.
    This is beauty in word form.

I'd sell it. I have zero issues selling guns that I no longer want. Only one that I regret and would put on a cc if I found another.

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    A 30-O6 bolt gun does not need much care to last forever. I like having the O3-A3 in the safe. My old eyes still shoot MOM or MOR with the iron sights.

(Moment of Man, Moment of Radiator!).

Rock Torrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2021
    Tx
    I need another 30-06, but if you aren't going to give it to me, sell something else and keep the 30-06.

First bolt-action rifle was a 30-06 after spending months reading ballistic articles. Still haven't found another caliber that I like as well for what the 30-06 excels at.

Top Bottom