ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Serious note- do keep in mind the SB-15 is a BRACE for a PISTOL.

Think of it like this...
    1) I have a cold, I'm going to drink some Robitussin to help me function at work.
    2) I'm sad, so I'm going to drink a bottle of Robitussin to get real screwed up so work is more fun.

One is acceptable, one could get you into trouble. The action is fundamentally the same, but the wording and intent is completely different. Both basically boil down to consuming a substance so work is easier to endure. Although the intent between the two are clearly different, and how you discuss the act can be used against you.

Also, the latter of the two can get products pulled off the market, or add in restrictions. Again, look at cough syrup being 18+ now.

Can one get screwed up drinking OTC cough syrup?
    Or was this merely a learning tool, first thing that popped in head?

ETA: Sorry for thread jack.
    Texas SOT

Red_daggs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Saginaw, TX (N Ft Worth)
    Serious note- do keep in mind the SB-15 is a BRACE for a PISTOL.

Think of it like this...
    1) I have a cold, I'm going to drink some Robitussin to help me function at work.
    2) I'm sad, so I'm going to drink a bottle of Robitussin to get real screwed up so work is more fun.

One is acceptable, one could get you into trouble. The action is fundamentally the same, but the wording and intent is completely different. Both basically boil down to consuming a substance so work is easier to endure. Although the intent between the two are clearly different, and how you discuss the act can be used against you.

Also, the latter of the two can get products pulled off the market, or add in restrictions. Again, look at cough syrup being 18+ now.

So you're saying we should get the age to own a pistol lowered to 18????????

But to accompany your serious note - I agree somewhat, but the ATF has made a clear point on the matter whereas the cough syrup thing, well that's just bad for you all around. Not an apples-to-apples comparison, but I see what you're saying. If anyone is going to own a firearm, especially if you're buying it from me, you better do the right thing with it. There is no reason to go screwing things up for everyone else because you want to flip a bird to THE MAN. Gun Owners would be left alone if they weren't always trying to circumvent rules, but I do like the work around to use one of these WHILE my SBR paperwork is getting tossed around, so I can test and use the parts I've spent good money on.

keep-calm-and-keep-on-keepin-on-16.png

poolingmyignorance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    houston
    My interpretation is that shouldering a pistol brace no more constitute an SBR, Anymore than pulling the trigger quickly would make it a machine gun.
    That said like all fun things the AFT won't like having shit waved in their face. And who knows what will happen with the method of classification of NFA items if Sig wins their case regarding the muzzle break on their MPX.
    Who knows, One thing is sure you can't expect the alphabet boys to do anything logical.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Just an offer. Not a site sponsor, not an FFL, just thought I'd ask the fellow TGT Guys if they wanted, deal would not go through me.

Thank you for clarifying that. We thought you'd abandoned us.

What is the advantage that you see to using a 7.5" barrel for .300Blk? It is my understanding that the load takes 9" to fully burn.

Last edited:

Red_daggs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Saginaw, TX (N Ft Worth)
    Thank you for clarifying that.

What is the advantage that you see to using a 7.5" barrel for .300Blk? It is my understanding that the load takes 9" to fully burn.

It really depends on the load. I'm not a huge fan, but there is a vid of Travis Haley shooting a 7in suppressed .300blk out to something like 500yds and ringing steel. I have had a fun time with my other one and no complaints yet. I have the same one in 7.5 and a 12in. and don't really see much of a difference at the distances I'm using it at, I just like the pop of the 7.5in. I have other tools for longer range.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom