• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Towed a 4x4 p/u back onto pavement this morning. Didn't go home to get a single link of chain or an F-in nothing.

My Honda Si is awesome!
    Gun Zone Deals

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Glad your happy with your 6.7, after driving and working out if a 6.7 and currently working out if a '13 dodge I would be more than happy to get back in to my 7.3.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    You don't need 4 wheel drive to get out of crap.
    Once I was driving my now wife's fwd 3800 buick at pasture party.

Anyway it poured. The only exit flooded turned into a mud hole. They filled it with straw but all the 4x4's were sinking jeeps z71's etc. .

To make a long story short I had to leave to make it to my brother's high school graduation.

So I hopped in the car with everyone thinking I wouldn't make it. And basically I floated it ontop of the mud straw slurry. Rooster tailed all the vehicles on the side of the mud hole. And made it.

Big Phil

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    SATX
    ne7ajyva.jpg

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    The wife and I took the Jetta down a couple of the 4WD-Only trails at Big Bend without getting stuck/high-centered...

Doesn't mean it was a good idea.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Your 6.7 also has urea additives and an EGR which will bring a swift and harsh death to your truck. It doesn't help that the EPA has outlawed programmers for the new motors. Don't get me wrong, I love my dad's 6.7 but it's not as reliable as his 7.3 in the long run.
    Says who? Are you just regurgitating internet stories? The dirt contractors I work with are running fleets of 6.7s as well as friends in the oil/gas industry. Aside from some intitial problems in the 2011 models they've been great. Sure theyre not quite as bullet proof as the 7.3s but they've been lightyears ahead of the 6.0s and 6.4s. Not everyone can run a decade old truck. Not to mention the 6.7 is putting out damn near double the numbers the 7.3 was in 02 and getting a couple mpgs better while doing it. My dad has on 02 7.3 and its been extremely reliable but damn is it gutless. My 06 lbz dmax with nothing but a tow tune would leave that pig in the dust and run circles around it towing while getting an average of 5mpg better both loaded and unloaded.

The EPA crack down on tuning really sucks but the crack down is ONLY on emissions equipment removal tunes. On the dmaxs people are making 500rwhp with the exhaust pisser and DPF still in tact while keeping 20+mpg on the highway.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Says who? Are you just regurgitating internet stories?

I thought I already told you that my dad has both the 7.3 and the 6.7. Not to mention, my brother drove a 6.0 for three years so I've spent plenty of time around/working on/fucking with powerstrokes. So no, I'm not regurgitating internet stories all over your facts. I'm regurgitating facts on your facts. You like the 6.7? Bad ass. You also like the 7.3 too? Sweet. I was just saying that the older model doesn't have all this emission shit to shorten the life of the motor and cause a bigger headache than necessary. You can't argue that the DPF and the EGR are terrible for newer trucks. Hence why people get delete kits. I'm not trying to prove you wrong. I was just stating an opinion. Lol

Medic738

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    I currently drive a 2wd Nissan Titan ans my next vehicle will be 4wd. I drive a truck already and have never been stuck but I have not been able to go places I wanted/needed to go in my 2wd that I could have gone with a 4wd. I have learned that having a truck without 4wd is just stupid crazy kinda like carrying a gun with only have the mag loaded. Why not have the extra in case you need it.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I currently drive a 2wd Nissan Titan ans my next vehicle will be 4wd. I drive a truck already and have never been stuck but I have not been able to go places I wanted/needed to go in my 2wd that I could have gone with a 4wd. I have learned that having a truck without 4wd is just stupid crazy kinda like carrying a gun with only have the mag loaded. Why not have the extra in case you need it.

Precisely. I had a 2WD cheby before my Dodge and I got stuck all the damn time. Nothing is as sweet as being able to drop it in four and glide through the mud.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    I thought I already told you that my dad has both the 7.3 and the 6.7. Not to mention, my brother drove a 6.0 for three years so I've spent plenty of time around/working on/$#@!ing with powerstrokes. So no, I'm not regurgitating internet stories all over your facts. I'm regurgitating facts on your facts. You like the 6.7? Bad ass. You also like the 7.3 too? Sweet. I was just saying that the older model doesn't have all this emission shit to shorten the life of the motor and cause a bigger headache than necessary. You can't argue that the DPF and the EGR are terrible for newer trucks. Hence why people get delete kits. I'm not trying to prove you wrong. I was just stating an opinion. Lol
    Hey, hey, hey, just because Im talking about the powerstroke doesn't mean Im a fan. Im a GM man through and through, only ever owned GM trucks and had an 06 dmax.

All Im saying is yes the newer motors have the emissions crap on them but I know of plenty of the new diesels with 200K+ on them with no problems. They get better mileage than the old motors with damn near double the power. After the initial launch the 6.7s have proven to be good motors. Id still take an LML though if I was in the market. Basically mechanically unchanged since 02, cant beat that.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas

Hah, That's a pretty good analogy.

Or how about a 2wd is like EDC and 4wd is like EDC and that one time you actually have to use it. We spend all this time, all this money on gear, ammo, guns, training, studying, reading and many of us will never use a gun in self defense, ever. Yet here we are, still carrying it. When it's hot, when it's uncomfortable, when it is difficult. Why? Because we want to have the capability and the benefit thattime we need it. Because it is that valuable to us to have that ability.

Top Bottom