• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slumpychuck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2021
    Conroe, Tx
    100 rounds through with no hiccups. Trigger was a bit sticky off the first 30 but didn't have any issues the rest of the way. Iron sights are damn near zeroed but I was more focused on putting bullets on paper so we'll get that done this next weekend. Cleaned and oiled yesterday afternoon and I couldn't be happier. All and all a little more than I wanted to spend but I am very happy knowing I have a reliable, warrantied rifle that will last as long as I take care of it.

GMA8877

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2019
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    100 rounds through with no hiccups. Trigger was a bit sticky off the first 30 but didn't have any issues the rest of the way. Iron sights are damn near zeroed but I was more focused on putting bullets on paper so we'll get that done this next weekend. Cleaned and oiled yesterday afternoon and I couldn't be happier. All and all a little more than I wanted to spend but I am very happy knowing I have a reliable, warrantied rifle that will last as long as I take care of it.
    Glad to hear this. I just bought the M&P sport II . Haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet. Hoping too very soon!

GMA8877

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2019
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    So you shot it with the gunk they put on the gun from the factory and it did well? I was thinking of cleaning mine first but I may wait until after I shoot it

slumpychuck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2021
    Conroe, Tx
    So you shot it with the gunk they put on the gun from the factory and it did well? I was thinking of cleaning mine first but I may wait until after I shoot it
    You will be very happy with the MP15. And I did, yes sir. I had some guys warn me about doing this but the reasoning was not very sound. It was mostly guys saying that they "wouldn't" trust the factory condition but not that they had any issues with it. When I would ask why the conversation died out. I decided that S&W knows what they're doing and although everyone takes short cuts, I trust the gun to come out of the box ready to rock and roll. I checked and made sure everything was nice and slick but I didn't apply anything new prior to breaking it in.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2015
    Katy, TX

That’s probably the only thing that actually needs upgrading out the box - the trigger. An aftermarket trigger makes a big difference and even the improved milspec options are noticeably better than standard trigger while not costing a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    You will be very happy with the MP15. And I did, yes sir. I had some guys warn me about doing this but the reasoning was not very sound. It was mostly guys saying that they "wouldn't" trust the factory condition but not that they had any issues with it. When I would ask why the conversation died out. I decided that S&W knows what they're doing and although everyone takes short cuts, I trust the gun to come out of the box ready to rock and roll. I checked and made sure everything was nice and slick but I didn't apply anything new prior to breaking it in.

I don’t think I have ever cleaned a factory new gun before taking it out to the range and have had zero issues with functionality. I think the cleaning and re-lubing it before you shoot is something that just came to be what most people do without stopping to ask why. Could be wrong.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I think the cleaning and re-lubing it before you shoot is something that just came to be what most people do without stopping to ask why.
    Inspection. Then again I did it professionally so I know what to look for.

You should always disassemble and look over a gun before shooting it and as you put more rounds down the pipe to confirm nothing abnormal going on.

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    Inspection. Then again I did it professionally so I know what to look for.

You should always disassemble and look over a gun before shooting it and as you put more rounds down the pipe to confirm nothing abnormal going on.

I get the inspection part before your shoot it. I do that. It’s the clean it before your shoot it I never totally agreed with on a new gun. But that’s just me.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I get the inspection part before your shoot it. I do that. It’s the clean it before your shoot it I never totally agreed with on a new gun. But that’s just me.

Once inspection passes it’s just a good way to get to know your weapons. Fingering every groove, hole, eyeing it up and down. Then your wife catches you. I’m just cleaning it!

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    Once inspection passes it’s just a good way to get to know your weapons. Fingering every groove, hole, eyeing it up and down. Then your wife catches you. I’m just cleaning it!

Thanks for the laugh

DavidApplegreen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2019
    Auburn, Wa
    I've been looking for a good an somewhat inexpensive AR for some time now and I've hit the point of information overload. From PSA and Radical to Diamondback and Spikes, I hear a lot of good things, some bad things, and ultimately have a hard time figuring where I should land. Of course, Colt, S&W, Ruger, and Springfield are all household names and I hear nothing but great things about Anderson as well. Ultimately, I want it as close to milspec as is appropriate and for a good price if it doesn't have a plethora of upgraded furniture. Main use is home defense, range toy, and all around general purpose on the ranch. Budget is around $1000, preferably under.

Anybody got an opinion? Thanks ahead.
    Buy an build kit. Dytona Tactical good place to start or 5-D tactical. Good Luck

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I don’t think I have ever cleaned a factory new gun before taking it out to the range and have had zero issues with functionality. I think the cleaning and re-lubing it before you shoot is something that just came to be what most people do without stopping to ask why. Could be wrong.

I have always done an inspection, cleaning and oiling of every new or used firearm I have ever bought. If there happens to be any problems, it's best IMO to find them before pulling the trigger on live ammo.

I found shredded cardboard stuffed inside a brand new shotgun barrel I bought years ago. Could it have blown the gun up? I have no idea, but I didn't want to find out.

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    Precciate all the advice guys. Pulled the trigger on an M&P Sport II. Reviews were great, price was great, household name, and as another plus, they didn’t sell out to the government (I was almost sold on the Saint)! Seems like a solid place to start.

It will be a good 1 for you! I have the viking tactic I paid 1,300 for new and has never failed me.

Top Bottom