• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Had you never spoken to him about the sign, it would not have been illegal for you to carry in there......now that he will be puting up a "legal" sign, it will be.

Actually, you're wrong. If you go back and read my original discussion string, he responded back very politely, apologizing that they'd placed the wrong sign in place, and had ordered new ones - and that he fully supported the right to carry.

So, rather than ignore or refuse to return, a polite engagement with the proper authority delivered full resolution. What's so wrong with that?
    Texas SOT

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Actually, you're wrong. If you go back and read my original discussion string, he responded back very politely, apologizing that they'd placed the wrong sign in place, and had ordered new ones - and that he fully supported the right to carry.

So, rather than ignore or refuse to return, a polite engagement with the proper authority delivered full resolution. What's so wrong with that?

I apologize.....what kind of sign is he putting up now, after ya'lls discussion????

Jaster83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    Dallas
    Thing is, since I don't know the business receipts of most businesses I enter, if it serves alcohol and is posted 51%, I'm gonna figger they're tellin' the truth until I KNOW different. The jails are populated with folks that didn't THINK what they were doin' was illegal.

Um, no. Jails are populated with people who didn't THINK they would get caught, or didn't care.

Jaster83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    Dallas
    So you think it should be valid and legal for murderers, pedophiles, rapists, crack heads, etc. to own firearms? After all, those people are citizens also.

Actually, once you are convicted of commiting a felony, you are not legally considered a citizen, and not only are barred from owning firearms, but cannot vote.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Actually, once you are convicted of commiting a felony, you are not legally considered a citizen, and not only are barred from owning firearms, but cannot vote.

Say what? Some rights are rescinded, but convicted felons don’t lose their citizenship! They can still obtain passports (which establishes a person's identity and status as a citizen of the country which issued the passport), they can hold public office (state laws vary, but there is no Federal restriction from them doing so), and it’s also the state that bars them from voting, not the Federal government (Some states allow convicted felons to vote after a waiting period, while others require a pardon or similar action by the governor or state legislature).

But at no time do they lose their citizenship!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    There are times when businesses do so out of ignorance. They do not understand the differences, and are simply trying to comply w/state requirements. A simple polite conversation w/the owner can often straighten things out.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I think businesses should have to bear the burden of proof to fly the 51% before they can post it...
    Actually the TABC decides if they are 51% or not. In fact, the actual license that TABC issues tells them if they are 51%.
    tha being said, there is a time and place to fight. You have to pick your battles wisely. Is it worth the hassle and expense of defending yourself if the occasion arises? I would just not patronize the businesses that fly the 51% improperly, they do not deserve my hard earned dollars!

You assume that a business that improperly posts 51% is doing so intentionally. Many do so out of ignorance. The myriad of laws, regulations, signage requirements, etc., for an established licensed by the TABC can be extremely confusing.

dwsintxs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2013
    Addison, TX
    I'd like to go back to the subject of the blue 51% sign. I have never heard of this, and all the 51% signs I've seen, as well as I can remember have been red.
    Explain to me please, what is the significance of the 51% in blue? Is it a legal sign? Does it signify something different than the 51% red sign?

Not that I'd carry in either, but I have never heard of the 51% sign in blue. . . just wondering.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I'd like to go back to the subject of the blue 51% sign. I have never heard of this, and all the 51% signs I've seen, as well as I can remember have been red.
    Explain to me please, what is the significance of the 51% in blue? Is it a legal sign? Does it signify something different than the 51% red sign?

Not that I'd carry in either, but I have never heard of the 51% sign in blue. . . just wondering.

4 year old thread is 4 years old. lol

There is no blue 51% sign.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I know this is a zombie thread, but I saw a 51% sign in the Continental lounge inside the secure part of the Houston airport. I just had to smile... :D

Top Bottom