• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J. Fred

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2011
    Devil's Backbone,RR32
    It is not the "speed" that kills, but the idiots who drive in the left lane below the speed limit, and the "racers" who pass on the right side.

In Germany, the Autobahn has fixed rules:

6. ....... If you can't walk half a mile, you should not drive.

Enjoy controlled chaos on the Autobahn.

Wish we did that here.

What does that have to do with the ability to drive a car well at high speed ?
    Target Sports

Langenator

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    College Station
    It is not the "speed" that kills, but the idiots who drive in the left lane below the speed limit, and the "racers" who pass on the right side.

In Germany, the Autobahn has fixed rules:

3. Before passing, use turn signal, check mirror, and clear your rear.

I remember one time when I was stationed in Germany, driving my Audi A4 on the autobahn doing about 90...come up behind a minivan, check the mirror...there's some headlights WAAAAAYYYY back in the left lane, far enough that you can't really see the car, just the lights...so I hit the blinker, move over, start passing the minivan...by the time my back wheel is about even with the van's front wheel, I've got a BMW 850 trying to crawl up my tail pipe.

Dude had to have been doing like 150 to catch up that fast. MPH, not KPH.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I regularly drive 85. I do get tired of assholes taking up the left lane driving 5 under the limit, swerving everywhere, blocking you from passing, ect ect. Hate other drivers. Btw, my german car has no limiter on it, other than the fact its very slow lol. I have gotten it up to 140 before, but it ttok damn near forever.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    This should pretty much cover it:

2enukk2.jpg

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    I regularly drive 85. I do get tired of assholes taking up the left lane driving 5 under the limit, swerving everywhere, blocking you from passing, ect ect. Hate other drivers. Btw, my german car has no limiter on it, other than the fact its very slow lol. I have gotten it up to 140 before, but it ttok damn near forever.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
    i regularly drive 80mph. it hapens naturally in my SUV. i like this idea of the toll road being 85, especially if they send the bill to you later via your plates.

CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    It will be interesting to see what minimum speed limit is attached to an 85mph maximum limit. Granny cruising along at 50 and Jim Bob at 85 will make for a terrific crash. :ohnoes:

The speed variance between vehicles will kill more people than their cars disintegrating due to speed.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    my opinion if your going to drive that fast. No cell phone no radio.. nothing just drive.

Wont see me driving that fast or even being on the stupid toll roads. My max is 70. My truck bottoms 85, and its too old to be driving that fast.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    I've run at a buck-sixty...yes, you catch up with Grandma and the silly Americans rather fast. And I still got passed on the 'bahn by REAL fast movers :)

I don't mind private toll roads as long as they are not being built with my tax dollars.

A

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I've run at a buck-sixty...yes, you catch up with Grandma and the silly Americans rather fast. And I still got passed on the 'bahn by REAL fast movers :)

I don't mind private toll roads as long as they are not being built with my tax dollars.

A

I concur Alex. Never understood all the outrage about toll roads. If you dont want to pay the toll....drive on the same road you use now. Problem solved.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    What does that have to do with the ability to drive a car well at high speed ?

Well, if the driver can't walk half a mile, that most likely means he is in some way impaired: Be it physically, psychologically, or chemically.

Those folks don't need to be in the fast lane (or slow lane, either).

Had to take the keys away from my father when he could no longer walk more than a few steps, and drove 35 mph on the Interstate, then got lost on his way home.

Clear that up for you?

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    If you dont want to pay the toll....drive on the same road you use now. Problem solved.

Exactly.

My problem is when our tax dollars pay for the road that private companies then bribe, err, arrange to "own" and then collect tolls.

And the government not only takes the bribes, err, "private management" and then set up stop signs and lower speed limits on the area roads to "entice" folks to drive on the toll road.

Alex

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I concur Alex. Never understood all the outrage about toll roads. If you dont want to pay the toll....drive on the same road you use now. Problem solved.

With a 45 cents a gallon in taxes for a gallon of gas. Vehicle registration taxes. You don't have a problem with paying another tax to drive on a road?

Ok....

Top Bottom