• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    We already know what your preferred EDC is around the Galaxy…..

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    Nothing at all wrong with my Tupperware 17+1 Ruger.
    Nice & slim for a double stack with excellent fit & finish for a very good value.
    View attachment 371581

These pistols definitely don’t get the respect they deserve. Great shooters for the money & come with extra magazines.

I had one back in 2011 and shot & carried it a lot. Won a few informal competitions with it as well.

Taught a few people how to shoot with it & now it belongs to a young lady who I taught to shoot with it & now it’s her carry pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    My FN's, .40 and 9mm

Attachments

• FN Hi Power .40.jpg
      FN Hi Power .40.jpg
      251.4 KB · Views: 34
    • FN Hi Power 9MM.jpg
      FN Hi Power 9MM.jpg
      45.3 KB · Views: 40

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    These pistols definitely don’t get the respect they deserve. Great shooters for the money & come with extra magazines.

I had one back in 2011 and shot & carried it a lot. Won a few informal competitions with it as well.

Taught a few people how to shoot with it & now it belongs to a young lady who I taught to shoot with it & now it’s her carry pistol.

I bought three SR9 and one SR45 Pistols. Gifted all except the one SR9 to family.
    Paid $430 for the first 9 at a gun show in 2008, and $250 for the last one in 2019 at a closeout from Sportsman’s Warehouse.
    Should’ve bought a few more to turn over a year later when the Covid panic drove prices into the crazy levels.

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    I didn't read the thread... and of course this is a wide-open thing - so many choices. You don't specify pricing parameters but I gather that's not a big issue.

If pricing were an issue I would recommend the Taurus G3. It's a compact full size but it's really a great pistol. Seriously. Not too long ago I would not recommend one of their polymer pistols no way no how. But they've hit a home run with the G3 series. I own one along with a G3C which I have on my hip right now - that's how much I like these.

And I would recommend a police turn-in or otherwise used classic Sig or Smith & Wesson. They are just cool - kind of along the lines of your hi-power interest. Magazines are still available for them and they can satisfy like no new model can.

Cz also makes a fine pistol and there are a lot of fans of them. My Dad owned one and really liked it.

If you like the military association - the Berretta M9 would be a good pick too = especially if you hands are on the large side. Mine are medium-large and I found the one I owned to be comfortable for me but the trigger reach was a bit long... Cool pistols though and it would be a good mate for your 1911.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

They're definitely better than the Security-Nine series guns Ruger foisted on the market. They really need to bring back the SR-series guns.....

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    they really need to bring back the SR-series guns.....

Yes they do. I'm on my second SR 9, after firing how how ever many thousands of rounds through the first. And I'd still have the first if a fantastic trade offer hadn't opened up. Worked out in my favor, got what I wanted and needed in the trade, and got the second new for less than 1/2 the price of the first one new. Great pistols, overall.

NoblesvilleHD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2023
    Noblesville, In.
    You can't go wrong with a Hi Power, but seeing as you have been with the striker fired Springfield, you might consider what they used to call their Tactical Model before they came out with the M series. 5" barrel, 17 round, and striker fired. You mentioned the other XD fitting your hand well.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Kind of weird op spent time at the range with moonpie and didn’t shoot any glocks. Figured moonpie would have every model made.

Op, when are you buying a Glock?

Top Bottom