• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DJB-TX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2023
    D-FW
    Just got to try out Moonpie’s browning high power, and his Dan Wesson commander 9mm. And a few of his other guns.

I really liked the high power, it seemed to fit my hand well and aim naturally. I may have to pick one up once the funds become available.
    The Hi-Power is a classic and a good call. As far as comfort, accuracy, and reliability, I have to say that the CZ-75 (B/BD) is tough to beat.
    DK Firearms

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    You can't go wrong with a Hi Power, but seeing as you have been with the striker fired Springfield, you might consider what they used to call their Tactical Model before they came out with the M series. 5" barrel, 17 round, and striker fired. You mentioned the other XD fitting your hand well.
    "You can't go wrong with a Hi Power" - have shot a Hi Power and also have a friend that was very loyal to that model, until he traded it for a 1911. Of the few that I know that owned Hi Power handguns, most had changed out the barrel and/or slide because of cracks or other breakage. So, other than being a very old design that was popular in Europe, not sure why anyone would want the real gun. Suspect, that the copies have much better quality of materials and workmanship so they may be good. Of course, maybe the people that want to own Hi Power just want to display them rather than use them.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    If the OP is still looking and it hasn't been mentioned, try the Beretta PX4 Storm. I own two in 9MM, the compact and the full size in Inox and easily my most accurate handguns And the funny thing is I'd probably not have tried them, but ended up getting the compact in a very favorable trade with not much thought and figured I'd turn around and sell it until I shot it. And was like Holy shit.......

Spcwolf

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    Interesting but excellent choice

I can have the new slide with the cuts and new sights. I like that I have 3 options, if I wanted I could have the new slide with sights and a new barrel with recoil assembly, and an option for all of that with a red dot.

All of it cheaper than a new mod 2 with the additional cost of a red dot.

I am leaning towards the barrel assembly included, a fresh barrel with a broke in frame and trigger would be awesome.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    I said I was finished with 9mm pistols....then a friend asked if I would be interested in this...

1677461242730.jpeg

What a ridiculous question!

Spcwolf

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    I know it is after hours voting now, and I have never owned either, but my final vote:
    FS-92
    SA-35
    What made my decision was overall cost of getting into a new platform.

And I am already familiar with my XD, it’s been a reliable and easy to use piece for me as well.

I will be getting a new holster setup for it with the new slide.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    I currently have a full size Springfield XD service model in 9mm and I also own a full size Springfield 1911 base model.

I am not a fan of Glocks, so I won’t consider owning one. My reasons are my own.

What else is out there? I am looking for accuracy and decent capacity, I like the Springfield XD, it’s just not as accurate as my 1911 in my hands, but I like the overall feel.

Has anyone tried the XDM full size? Does anyone have thoughts on the new Springfield high power clone?

I am open to trying new brands. Just not Glocks.
    CZ P10
    CZ75 BD
    VP9
    STK 100

You have an XD though so your lack of taste is probably preventing you from buying a glock

Top Bottom