• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Ok, I finally bit the bullet and paid my membership to actually join Girl and a Gun for the first time. $50. I sprung a little extra for the bling-y membership tag (with rhinestones). Why the hell not?

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Today...
    I'm making progress with my NRA pistol qualifying effort! My girl and a gun instructor Michelle is helping to score my targets and guide me through the program. Today I shot her .22 Beretta at 15 feet and had to do ten targets, with 2 stages of ten rounds on each target. One stage with ten rounds with my dominant hand gripping and depressing trigger, then second stage with ten rounds with weak hand doing same (gahhhh, at this!). It was 200 rounds today so, you can guess why I shot .22 ($$$) and also I am sure that after 200 rounds of 9mm, I would have started getting tired. That being said, the Beretta Neos is not super lightweight, so 200 rounds made me tired anyways, although I did good even towards the end of the challenge.

I'm proud of my progress. Marksman first class is what I accomplished today.
    https://mqp.nra.org/media/4205/pistol-qualification.pdf
    1B56C800-5D2D-45E3-B35C-54F75F488DFF_zpst0bthruv.jpg

2F39CA31-2B2E-4545-B3A9-1510333B90AE_zpsln9yymqj.png

Last edited:

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Aw thanks! I bet you guys are too far North for me. I'm down South here on the coast. Brazoria County.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Do not listen to these heathens WD!

If blackpowder knowledge you seek, a true Soot Lord will show you the path to the Dark Side.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    What is the age range for this group? My daughter seems interested.

I am not sure of the age range. I actually had to bring my son to the meet (had to take him to the doctor appointment right after). He is an experienced shooter at 13 and he took photos for us and he got to shoot a little too, and all the ladies thought he was sweet (boy are they wrong).

I would say find the group near you can call or try going to the meet. Can't hurt.

Do not listen to these heathens WD!

If blackpowder knowledge you seek, a true Soot Lord will show you the path to the Dark Side.

Well, why not?! Sounds fun, as well as slightly E-VILL. Will there be cookies?

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Probably not. But he does have some teally neat stuff. A curious side effect of black powder, it will make you want to spend money. And the smell not only lingers but is addicting.

from an idgit coffeeholic

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I bet my blingy name tag has come to my post office box by now. I should go check. I'm a horrible mail checker. It's like I just don't care unless it's a package or something.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    My name tag did come in.

We had our league practice yesterday. I completed the next two stages of the NRA marksmanship course. Then I was tired and not shooting well after that. I need to dry fire more too, I know.

Well, at least I could beat up these plates a bit. I was shooting low and had lots of misses, though.

8990F9C0-FC84-49E2-AF47-B2EE08AE7519_zpsqsy1ergd.png

Last edited:

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    25B16BC4-082C-4201-8538-BDCE91CBC53C_zpsf0vql4xu.png

The leaders went to conference and came back with lots of ideas about doing more practical tactical stuff. Which is great. I'm proud of myself for training... I don't want to say too much further because I need to keep my morale up. :) I'll think of something positive here in a bit. I was happy with my new holster.

Top Bottom