Gun Zone Deals

A Message From Federal, CCI, Speer And Remington President Jason Vanderbrink On Ammo Demand

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    So you think all of the new gun owners are democrats ? And what good would it do anyway if the "push back against their democrat represtative in the house or senate about not registering, taxin, government mandated buy up, etc." Those people don't much give a shit about what those people want.
    I did not say all those new gun owners are Democrats, what I said was: would the new gun owners push back against their democrat legislators. While the Republican party picked up seats in the House, it is still controlled by the Democrat party. Large population centers were the places where gun sales increased at a rate far above the normal sales rates. Tthe Democrat party does control those centers legislatively. I do not know how many new gun owners know how to make their ownership case to their legislators, how to write legislators, or are members of progun organizations.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    I did not say all those new gun owners are Democrats, what I said was: would the new gun owners push back against their democrat legislators. While the Republican party picked up seats in the House, it is still controlled by the Democrat party. Large population centers were the places where gun sales increased at a rate far above the normal sales rates. Tthe Democrat party does control those centers legislatively. I do not know how many new gun owners know how to make their ownership case to their legislators, how to write legislators, or are members of progun organizations.
    The democrats won't pay a single bit of attention to any letters, phone calls or e-mails when it has anything to do with gun legislation. They are in lock step with the Pelosi and Schumer crowds and will stick together no matter who writes them letters. Only way to stop it is to maintain control of the crooks in the senate !

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    And yet the manufacturers are pumping out ammunition daily.

Do you not remember the .22LR shortage of four years ago? Within days of the election, .22LR appeared on shelves everywhere in unlimited quantities.
    I guess I missed that one. But then again, the only 22 I have bought for a while was to replace what I shot.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I know a few people in the industry who don't blow smoke, and they're saying that the ammo companies are going balls-to-the-wall to keep up with demand. I don't doubt that a bit.

What, I think, is the biggest problem is the neckbeard ammo speculators that swoop in and buy up what they can to resell at extortion prices. I hope more retailers start limiting daily purchases to stem that. And, I'd like to see the neckbeards get outed. Start posting their pics online. Point them out at gun shows and websites. Use Cancel Culture to our benefit. Make neckbeards slightly less despicable than Biden electors.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I know a few people in the industry who don't blow smoke, and they're saying that the ammo companies are going balls-to-the-wall to keep up with demand. I don't doubt that a bit.

What, I think, is the biggest problem is the neckbeard ammo speculators that swoop in and buy up what they can to resell at extortion prices. I hope more retailers start limiting daily purchases to stem that. And, I'd like to see the neckbeards get outed. Start posting their pics online. Point them out at gun shows and websites. Use Cancel Culture to our benefit. Make neckbeards slightly less despicable than Biden electors.....

Until supply catches up with the demand, I could tolerate and accept retailers putting limits on ammo.

I could even see shaming the "neckbeards" and exposing them as well, so people know that they are simply those looking to make a profit on ammo they are buying and reselling. But, at the same time, I do believe in the free enterprise system, so if they end up with morons that failed to be prepared and and need to spend ridiculous prices for ammo, they deserve one another.

I expected, or predicted, that it would be at least six months to a year for prices on ammo and reloading supplies to stabilize and become more available, but now I'm thinking more like a year to two years maybe. Could be even longer.

hooper

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Houston Area
    Sooooo.... according to you there are no "valid" ammunition buyer but you?
    Nope didn't say that, just following along with the analogy that's all. Everyone with cash in hand is a valid buyer.

If someone wants to walk in and clean them out, good for them...want to wait for an hour to get in that's cool too. I'm not going to wait to go in and if I happen to stop by and they have some I get some. I tend to leave some for the next guy, but that's my choice.

Free market economy.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Nope didn't say that, just following along with the analogy that's all. Everyone with cash in hand is a valid buyer.

If someone wants to walk in and clean them out, good for them...want to wait for an hour to get in that's cool too. I'm not going to wait to go in and if I happen to stop by and they have some I get some. I tend to leave some for the next guy, but that's my choice.

Free market economy.

I think they are the hyenas, the ones that show up in the afternoon are the vultures...picking up what's left :).

But if someone walks in in the morning, according to your quote above "... they are hyenas..." and those that show up in the afternoon, again quoting you, "... are the vultures..."

That you have a lackadaisical, care-free, attitude towards ammo buyers is hard to see. I struggle to see where the average Joe ammo buyer can sneak in and make an ammo purchase and exit without wearing one of the labels you provided. Morning/afternoon ammo buyers are either hyenas or vultures.

I did note that you said you were following along with the analogy so maybe I missed something in the translation. That's always possible!

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    I think while many of us believe in capitalism and free enteeprise, what grinds our gears about the neckbeards is the feeling that they are turning against their own to make a profit. Which is just something that many of us are not willing to do or condone.

Are they adding to the problem? Hell yes, but then so are those who buy from the neckbeards.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    But if someone walks in in the morning, according to your quote above "... they are hyenas..." and those that show up in the afternoon, again quoting you, "... are the vultures..."

That you have a lackadaisical, care-free, attitude towards ammo buyers is hard to see. I struggle to see where the average Joe ammo buyer can sneak in and make an ammo purchase and exit without wearing one of the labels you provided. Morning/afternoon ammo buyers are either hyenas or vultures.

I did note that you said you were following along with the analogy so maybe I missed something in the translation. That's always possible!

He responded to a post about the same people being there day after day buying out the limit.

You’re trying to make a mountain out of less than a mole hill. It’s almost like he might have struck a nerve...maybe a hyena got its feelings hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    He responded to a post about the same people being there day after day buying out the limit.

You’re trying to make a mountain out of less than a mole hill. It’s almost like he might have struck a nerve...maybe a hyena got its feelings hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    and maybe you're wrong - as usual!

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    How long are we going to complain about people buying ammo and selling it for a profit? Just realize, these ammo sellers may someday get stuck with ammo that they paid a high price for and now can't resell. Give it a rest people. If these "neckbeards" ( a term I don't like) can buy ammo so can those of you that are complaining. Go stand in line for an hour at Academy if you want ammo. Or else pay someone else to stand in line for an hour. Just remember this when ammo and supplies are cheaper.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Id like to think most of us learned from the sandy hook run and didn't get caught off guard this time and this demand is the new gun owners and hoarders mostly
    The guys at Academy here say mostly its the same group of people that show up every day for ammo and hang out like vultures
    Its the "horray for me and to hell with you" bunch..
    Just how long do you imagine these people could actually afford (time and money) to buy enough ammo to matter?

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

All of capitalism is speculation/risk.

Person A buys at price Y in hopes (speculation) that the widget can be sold to person B at price Z, making a profit. The risk (speculation) is if there will be a profit, how much of a profit, and what the opportunity cost is.

For ammo, even doubling your money on a small amount, once you take out gas, time, effort really isn't worth all that much, but paying double, without the risk of outputting time, effort and gas for no reward (i.e. empty shelves) is worth it to many buyers, hence the large number buyers drive the market. Once these mythical "neckbeards" no longer have buyers, they vanish like fog in the morning sun.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Top Bottom