Hurley's Gold

A new situation to consider: attack on you and a loved one by a group of young teens

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    He should have also been taught about the use of force and the escalation of force. which should have been use your hands first and the gun as a last resort.

I dont know how it works in todays standards, but once upon a time, the Marine could have gotton in some serious trouble for fighting while on R&R..
    I agree he should have messed all them punks up, but we dont know what he was thinking either.
    DK Firearms

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    in this situation as i see it, 5 or so kids should be to much of a problem.

i would prefer the mace/cs/pepper spray approach, as opposed to getting all dirty or sweaty beating up a bunch of punks, but unless they were brandishing knives i dont think i would do much more than give them a sound beating.

then ofcoruse GTFO of dodge, to avoid paperwork. if one is bleeding pretty bad, diall 911 on a payphone on my way to the car.

;)

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I dont know how it works in todays standards, but once upon a time, the Marine could have gotton in some serious trouble for fighting while on R&R..
    I agree he should have messed all them punks up, but we dont know what he was thinking either.

i had a so-called "American Warrior" - marine on R&R threaten to shoot me and everyone in my lobby here at work one night.

i respect our fighting men and women, but i cant stand people like that. IMHO that sense of power and authority is completely invalid.

That was a pretty scary / adrenaline-y though.

first time i ever felt the need to draw down on a human.

*goosebumps*
    hopefully the last.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    i had a so-called "American Warrior" - marine on R&R threaten to shoot me and everyone in my lobby here at work one night.

i respect our fighting men and women, but i cant stand people like that. IMHO that sense of power and authority is completely invalid.

That was a pretty scary / adrenaline-y though.

first time i ever felt the need to draw down on a human.

*goosebumps*
    hopefully the last.

People are people, no matter what they call themselves. We have a biker gang out here thats a bunch of Military guy's. Im always fighting with them idiots!
    Dont see them around anymore either. The Midland sheriff ran all the Banditos off and they came over here!!
    When people act stupid, it doesnt matter what they are or what they were, their still stupid!!

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I would attempt to flee, but I would have given a savage beat down to anyone that hit my wife. I don't care if they are a 15 year old girl ... you'll learn to not hit people.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Ding Ding!!!
    1697408176_6b7f192ba1.jpg

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    No Question...Situation depends on what kind of force would be used, but make no mistake...the threat would be stopped...

streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Unfortunately, I have to agree that I simply don't trust the majority of American's to step in and assist me if me and my wife are getting our collective asses kicked outside a movie theater. NOW, saying that, I have more faith in Texans stepping in than I do back in Maryland or Massachusetts.

Guess we need to look at the "good Samaritan" who flashed the gun - he probably spoke in a commanding drill sergeant voice, and potentially stopped most of the beating from continuing. Could he have shot into the air - I would have. Hell, better a .45 in the air than in the chest of momma's 15 year old angel....nobody likes that newsreel.

All comes down to the inner Hulk in all of us when seeing our wives/fiance punched - you would have had to kill my skinny, weak ass (oh yeah, I am an Army guy too haha!) to make me stop beating that perp.

I hate the movies...especially in military towns...

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Unfortunately, I have to agree that I simply don't trust the majority of American's to step in and assist me if me and my wife are getting our collective asses kicked outside a movie theater. NOW, saying that, I have more faith in Texans stepping in than I do back in Maryland or Massachusetts.

Guess we need to look at the "good Samaritan" who flashed the gun - he probably spoke in a commanding drill sergeant voice, and potentially stopped most of the beating from continuing. Could he have shot into the air - I would have. Hell, better a .45 in the air than in the chest of momma's 15 year old angel....nobody likes that newsreel.

All comes down to the inner Hulk in all of us when seeing our wives/fiance punched - you would have had to kill my skinny, weak ass (oh yeah, I am an Army guy too haha!) to make me stop beating that perp.

not a bad idear, but remeber what goes up must come down. i'd say it would be better you use your backuprevolver with the first shot loaded as a blank and give them a face full of powder as a stun device. do they make those shotgunstyle dragons breath rounds for handuns? that would be awesome.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010

Rest assure, anytime there's some shit while im around, im getting me some too! I hate people that dont show good manners!

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Reading crap like this really burns me up. As a Marine who served from 1990 to 1998 (all active - *bragging* ;) ), I can recall my Drill Instructors when I graduated boot camp telling us that we'd better not be getting into fights to show all our newly learned fighting skills. That was a sufficient standing order for me to avoid any fight I could (...mostly) for the next eight years. I guess it all goes back to that "good order and discipline" thing that a few of us take way seriously. :patriot:
    Watching my girl get punched by someone? That would have changed things considerably for me. Luckily, that never happened to any girl I was with while I was in.
    I think that none of us can truly say what they would have done without being exposed to the exact situation. I can tell you what my inner rage conjures up when I initially read the story. But who's to say that that's exactly what I would be able to do under all the same circumstances. I think pepper spray is a great option for such an occurrence - where you're literally being attacked by "children".
    Like a few others here, pulling my weapon out is a beyond last resort option for me. Rules of force and escalations and such were carved a little too deeply into my "brain housing group" when I was in.

...anyway - my:

Top Bottom