ARJ Defense ad

A sign of a bad economy and times have changed?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Granbury, TX "South Ft.Worth"
    Home Depot and lowes This year: Been there AT least 50 times. Sears-1 time. Only to compare prices on a fridge. Ended up buying sears. I like craftsman but with the economy I cant afford to pay their prices anymore so Ill go cheap and hope it last.

With Ebay you can get ANYTHING in the world and normally its at least 20% less than retail stores and thats shipped. Normally i find things are more around 35% less to almost half. I dont see how stores will survive another 10 years. KILLS SMALL business aswell but thats life.
    DK Firearms

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Sears...IMO...was one of the first stores to be crapped on by the "bottom liners," who thought by cutting employees and reducing service would help the business overall. Stupid is as stupid does. Like country_boy said, walk into any Sears and it's a ghost town, and about the only help you'll find is a sales clerk or two in the appliances department. The bottom liners killed Sears.

Sears was in trouble before, the bean counters took over...

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    With the www I don't understand how many stores stay in business.
    The sad thing is that Sears is the original "www" store. For many, many years people ordered all sorts of things from Sears' catalog. My niece and her husband live in an old farmhouse that was originally bought through a Sears catalog. They shipped it to the nearest train station and the boxes contained everything needed to build the house, including instructions. Somewhere along the line they decided that putting "Sears" on the door was enough to get people in to buy things. Extremely poor management, and poor for many years now.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I'm buying that sears 2x24..42 sander grinder before they close dang it!!!! Yes I buy tools from hf too I haven't taken anything back from them so far.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Wonder what old bob Vila is doing? He use to sell for them had a paint and a floor product as well?
    For that matter where's norm Yankee workshop?

The first store to go was M.Ward.. And I still say no one really does manual labor anymore. Not like it use to be.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I have a Kenmore freezer I bought from Sears in 2010. It lasted about 9 Months and the Compressor went out. it was replaced out of warranty. Another 9 months later the compressor went out again. This time it is not under warranty. I have never heard of a Freezer lasting only 18 months. I asked the service guy who manufactured it he said he did not know but it was chinese junk. I will not buy a Kenmore freezer again. I have alot of craftsman tools and never had any issue replacing one under the warranty. I haven't has to do it in some time though. I see they sell the craftsman tools at Ace hardware now.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Many kenmore appliance parts are made by whirpool, and the like. Maybe just got a bad one? Have a kenmore frig/freezer thats 5 years old no problems. Have a washer thats 15 years old and a dishwasher thats 2 years old. Those are the newer kenmore's. We have some that are 30 year +.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    yes I have had my Kenmore washer and dryer for 13 years I have only replaced a couple of cheap parts on it. I did some research on this if you buy the lower line of sears tools "Evolv" you need a reciept for warranty. Craftsman tools do not need a reciept. Some of my craftsman tools are older then I am. Sear will also replace under warranty Gearwrench tools if that store carries them they will switch them out with a craftsman one.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I have heard that sears doesn't partner with craftsmen anymore so now you need a receipt for warranty exchanges. But I haven't tried this yet.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    craftsman is a part of KCD IP, LLC , which is Kenmore Craftsman Diehard intellecual property which is owned by sears holdings. They have changed manufacturer of some of their hand tools to a company called Danaher Corp. Danaher makes matco gearwrench and other tools

Top Bottom