A Wally World question

bikerbill

Apr 1, 2008
Lago Vista
So I dropped into Walmart this morning for the first time in about two months to add to my growing ammo supply ... no 9mm, but they did have some Remington .45 and .38 range ammo and I snagged a few boxes ..

OK, ok, here's the question ... for the first time, the clerk asked to see my driver license (I was paying with a credit card). I just pulled it out and handed it over, didn't think much about it until I got out in the parking lot.

Now I'm wondering .. is this some new Wal-Mart plot to feed the govt. with ammunition (no pun intended) on gun owners, or was it just some over-zealous clerk wanting backup for my credit card? As I said, it's the first time I've been asked to drag out the license on ammo buys at Walmart, and I've never been asked anywhere else -- my local gun guy and Cabela's being my usual ammo buying spots ...

Anybody have an answer?

Brembo

Jan 28, 2009
You have to be a certain age to buy ammo in many states (if not all). They ID my dad and he is 64. They are required to check your ID - period - regardless of whether they think you are old enough or not. Its not an option. Stores not checking your ID (where required to do so) break the law and can lose their license to sell ammo (I report them all the time).

bikerbill

Apr 1, 2008
Lago Vista
Thanks, Brembo ... me and your Dad are about the same age ... guess I shouldn't be so suspicious ... maybe the guns at the gun store don't ask because they know me, but I'll have to pay more attention next time I visit Cabela's ...

lonewolf23c

Oct 2, 2008
Idaho
I've been asked for my ID on a few occasions. Just to make sure its me that's using my card. The other time which just happened once was the first time I bought pistol ammo at the local Cabelas store. After that and apparently its saved into their computer cause they've never asked me again.

Gopher

Mar 5, 2008
Far, far, far North Dallas
It's not just Wally World. Our local grocery store (where I'm well known) and a local auto parts store have started doing the same thing. I think it has more to do with identity theft than anything else.

TSU45

Jun 6, 2008
San Marcos, Tx
You shouldn't have given it to him. He was a cyborg programmed to visually scan & store your personal info for .gov. Messiah is coming. Have RPG ready for black helo.

bikerbill

Apr 1, 2008
Lago Vista
Hey, CRS ... the .45 was 18.97 for 50 rds of FMJ .. .38 was 14.47 for 50. you can get better deals online for the ammo price alone, but the shipping is just murder .. I started an order last week at Natchez, I think .. 100 rds of 9mm was 19.98 ... but shipping was $15. at least wallyworld's ammo is made in the US ...

Code3GT

Jun 12, 2008
Austin
i've been buying 100rd packs of WWB and Rem range ammo for 29.97 at wally world...can beat it with a stick

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud

Forum statistics

Threads