• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You know, me too. So I picked up one of these yesterday ...

Thompson_1927A1_1.jpg

We'll see how long this one keeps me interested.

Let me know when you get bored with it.

I got a chance to fire one F/A once, pure awesomeness but couldn't hit shit, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns International

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    Let me know when you get bored with it.

I got a chance to fire one F/A once, pure awesomeness but couldn't hit shit, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's like a water hose, when the boolits start coming out, you just move them where you want them to go.

-edit-
    I say do a PTR91 PWD in 7.62x39 or x51, and SBR it with a paratrooper stock.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    If AR's and AK'S are out are you interested in other similar rifles or nothing of the sort? I would still want something with a decent mag capacity and was fairly accurate rifle with available ammo and mags.

L85
    Sig SG550
    SCAR
    HK 36
    FAL
    M1A
    M1 Garand
    Mini 14/ Mini 30
    1903 Springfield
    Lee Enfield
    Mauser K98
    UZI
    MP5 clone
    Mosin

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I'm interested in everything that shoots. Of course capacity and semi auto make things funner. At least IMO. I went to the gunshow this morning an browsed for about an hour and a half. Saw lot of AR's and a few AK's way over priced. A couple mini 14's which I have shot in the past but still wanted something different. To be honest I'm really looking for a 10-22 magnum. I know they are hard to come by and when they do turn up they have hefty price tags. Didn't see one though. I don't know why I'm such a fan of .22 wmr. Probably that new Kel-tec I just bought las week lol. Anyway I ended up leavin with nothing except my money which is fine by me. On the way home I stopped by a pawnshop just for kicks. I found a Marlin 25mn for 130 in really great shape. I bought it. I know it's not what I listed this thread for but oh well I'm happy. I hear they're good shooters. But back on topic. What about the ruger 10/22? No fans out there? Cheap to shoot, reliable usually, pretty accurate and lots of capacity. That is probably my choice for an alternate carbine. It may lack power for some applications but it can still kill someone dead.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    10/22 is a different league all together...

One I forgot about is the Ruger PC series and Marlin Camp carbines.

Yeah, when you list off two centerfires and then mention a $1500 limit most people assume you aren't talking about a 10/22. Personally if I was bored with those you listed I would just save up some more and get a SCAR.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Yeah it's different tool for a different job. Just thought I would throw it in the mix. I do have a 1500 dollar spending limit, but that doesn't have to be all spent on one firearm. 1500 can buy several if I shop for deals. A pistol caliber carbine is also a different animal. I didn't mean to limit the subject to rifle calibers. As far as SCAR's go they are cool but for that price tag I can think of many other guns on my list before one of those. Just asking what other people have and why they like them. Caliber is not much of an issue and actually the cheaper the better as it would most likely be a range/plinking toy.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Yeah it's different tool for a different job. Just thought I would throw it in the mix. I do have a 1500 dollar spending limit, but that doesn't have to be all spent on one firearm. 1500 can buy several if I shop for deals. A pistol caliber carbine is also a different animal. I didn't mean to limit the subject to rifle calibers. As far as SCAR's go they are cool but for that price tag I can think of many other guns on my list before one of those. Just asking what other people have and why they like them. Caliber is not much of an issue and actually the cheaper the better as it would most likely be a range/plinking toy.

Given that info I would say to definitely look at rimfires....they're addictive and so fun to shoot. And you aren't sending $1 downrange everytime you pull the trigger.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

chris211

Gimme Back My Bullets!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    TX
    When I was a teen, a friend had a Ruger 44 Carbine and it was fun to shoot. Plenty of Hog Sausage was made from using it.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I should have been more specific with my original post. I'm looking at everything all across the board. Anyone have experience with an Excel Arms rifle? They look cool and shoot .22wmr or .17hmr in a semi auto package. I can't find much info on them except old threads.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robertmb3
    Top Bottom