Texas SOT

Abbott Now Going to Increase Restrictions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    From Texas Medical Center:

3-proposed-early-warning-monitoring-and-mitigation-metrics-6-23-2020-1536x864.png

https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/proposed-early-warning-monitoring-and-mitigation-metrics/

9-TMC-total-icu-bed-occupancy-6-23-2020.png

https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/total-icu-bed-occupancy/

Attachments

• 3-proposed-early-warning-monitoring-and-mitigation-metrics-6-23-2020-1536x864.png
      3-proposed-early-warning-monitoring-and-mitigation-metrics-6-23-2020-1536x864.png
      133.5 KB · Views: 490
    • 9-TMC-total-icu-bed-occupancy-6-23-2020.png
      9-TMC-total-icu-bed-occupancy-6-23-2020.png
      292.3 KB · Views: 588

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

So, 3 out of 4 ICU beds are used for non-COVID related patients.

I’m going to guess overall staffed bed capacity is similar or higher percentage non-COVID.

If it’s fact-based decision making, what facts are the elected officials using to make their decisions?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I noticed that as as well but I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes.

Here’s the difference that bit of information makes. All the tyrants are telling us lack of ICU capacity is what we should be looking at for how bad it is.

Why would you want tel tell the public your nearing normal ICU capacity when only only 1/4 of your capacity is used for beer flu?

How much of the remaining capacity is being taken up by people recovering from a elective procedure? How do hospitals make money? It sure as hell ain’t with empty beds.

Remember, just a few short weeks ago, hospitals were being shuttered and doctors were bitching they couldn’t make a profit in the COVID era, so they needed to open up or go under for good.

Scared of COVID? Manage your elective procedures to allow for a greater % of open beds, ICU or otherwise.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    As a Texan-to-be I was rather appalled at Abbott's statements. He basically came out and said "**** your freedom, do as I say" and pointed the counties in a direction of enforced compliance by targeting the businesses themselves. They won't try the shenanigans against regular people this time - they're just going to yank occupancy licenses, professional licenses, and levy fines against the business if they don't enforce the stupid mask policy among their customers. The Karen brigades will be out in force, phones in hand, taking pictures and calling the tip lines.

I would expect that kind of shit to come out of our governor here in Oregon - she's a as inept, corrupt, and vile as they come. I'll certainly be voting in the next primary he's up in, and will be voting for a better candidate. He has done some good things for ya'll, but of late his brain has melted from COVID hysteria. Either someone has dirt on him, or someone is offering him a pile of cash.

Maybe Ted Cruz will retire from the senate and run for governor? Or what about Jonathan Strickland? I've been trying to study up a bit on Texas politics, Strickland authored a constitutional carry bill that was killed because the leader of the house refused to allow a hearing, if I remember right. Something about him getting his panties in a knot because a supporter of the bill was canvassing his neighborhood passing out flyers?

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Why would you want tel tell the public your nearing normal ICU capacity when only only 1/4 of your capacity is used for beer flu?

How much of the remaining capacity is being taken up by people recovering from a elective procedure?

I thought about this but how many are there as a result of elective surgery? And does it matter since they're there already? Elective surgeries can be postponed again to reduce the strain. There is still going to be a need for ICU beds for cardiac cases, traumas, strokes, etc.

At any rate, it's good to see where things currently are. Predictions are....well they're predictions.

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I thought about this but how many are there as a result of elective surgery? And does it matter since they're there already? Elective surgeries can be postponed again to reduce the strain. There is still going to be a need for ICU beds for cardiac cases, traumas, strokes, etc.

At any rate, it's good to see where things currently are. Predictions are....well they're predictions.

Recent history tells us a large number of non-COVID is for elective procedures.

Length of stay matters if the average is <3days non-COVID. That lever can be pulled instantly and shit frees up real quick.

The question is why are obfuscate the data other than to reinforce the power (or threatened use of) you have over the populace since the underlying authority for all these actions is a law stating we are in a defined emergency.

Day to day risk management and mitigation isn’t an emergency.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    LOL -

The difference between Richards and her successors [Bush, Perry, Abbott] is night and day. None of us would have carry licenses of Dems had won instead.

I must be out of touch with all of the Democratic policies Abbott has enacted to give him the label RINO, you know like

anti-gun
    pro amnesty
    pro income tax
    pro cheap labor
    pro ObamaCare

Name a pro-2A bill or proposal Abbott publicly supported and helped push through.....

Name a tax-reduction bill or proposal Abbott publicly supported and helped push through.....

Name a anti-illegal-alien bill or proposal Abbott publicly supported and helped push through.....

Name a pro-employee bill or proposal Abbott publicly supported and helped push through.....

Abbott signs a lot of good bills....because he knows that he'll catch hell in the polls if he doesn't. But, when left to his own devices, you see what you get via his illegal executive orders. Content of character and all that.....

If Abbott isn't voted out in the primary, then the Dem candidate won't have to worry about gaining votes.....Texas Republicans will simply stay home. Abbott will be the reason Texas turns blue if he's not booted.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    If Abbott isn't voted out in the primary, then the Dem candidate won't have to worry about gaining votes.....Texas Republicans will simply stay home. Abbott will be the reason Texas turns blue if he's not booted.

If we get a candidate better than Abbott in the primary, I will back them.

But I think you are being a bit too pessimistic here. Texas Republicans won't sit out an election. Besides, the governor is not the only office on the ballot.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Name a pro-2A bill or proposal Abbott publicly supported and helped push through.....

Name a tax-reduction bill or proposal Abbott publicly supported and helped push through.....

Name a anti-illegal-alien bill or proposal Abbott publicly supported and helped push through.....

Name a pro-employee bill or proposal Abbott publicly supported and helped push through.....

Abbott signs a lot of good bills....because he knows that he'll catch hell in the polls if he doesn't. But, when left to his own devices, you see what you get via his illegal executive orders. Content of character and all that.....

Abbott supports Constitutional Carry. We all know gun bills go nowhere because of Patrick and the speaker.

Abbott has supported numerous property tax reductions.

Abbott supports elimination of H1B Visas.

Abbott is against sanctuary cities and for defunding them.

the biggest problem we have right now is we lost our supermajority in the legislature. Doesn’t matter who the governor is without that

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Why we eat our own is unknown to me.

We lost Craig Estes, who was the most pro gun senator ever.

Abbott is the only gov to support constitutional carry.

Perry signed every gun bill to make it to his desk, gun owners hated him anyway.

Abbott has kept the state open the entire time, to the hate of the left, but some still want him gone.

yet nobody can name specific action he has done that is so bad to warrant a primarying

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Maybe Ted Cruz will retire from the senate and run for governor? Or what about Jonathan Strickland? I've been trying to study up a bit on Texas politics, Strickland authored a constitutional carry bill that was killed because the leader of the house refused to allow a hearing, if I remember right. Something about him getting his panties in a knot because a supporter of the bill was canvassing his neighborhood passing out flyers?

Strickland's constitutional carry bill being killed did not have anything to do with Chris McNutt passing out flyers in Bonnen's neighborhood. Although that is the lie that Bonnen, Alice Tripp and others were telling.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Active cases is on the up tick. Yup, remember, hospital get special reimbursement for covid cases. Texas Childrens want $ so they advertise. Number of recovered cases is very much a guess. Collin county had a very good reporting system (real stats by town and zip, with most everything but ill person's name). Tex HHS wanted control so took over with a really stupid web page - bunch of 'estimates' like everyone else. Texas medicals report what they want, Abbott had to judge from their stats. He has (and has been) making the best decisions he can, based on what he sees. All media is against him, plus Harris, Bexar and Dallas and the Demoncrats. The real solution is don't be dumb, protect yourself and others as best you can. Masks work, as does social distancing.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Fluffy Abbott's support of Constitutional Carry is one statement years ago when he said he would sign it if it got to his desk. He has quietly done all he can to support people that will make sure it never gets to his desk. He lavished great love upon Bonnen. Even if we retain a majority in the elections we are stuck in an Abbott/Patrick Rino ditch. At least Bonnen is not in an elected position.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I agree with putting the emphasis on making the right choices in the Republican primary but I am painfully aware of the fact that 90% of any viable candidates will pander to the growing left of center Texas population (meaning moderate and somewhat liberal Republicans moving in from other states as well as the more moderate Democrats they hope to impress looking towards the general election). I would like to think we can still have viable candidates step forward on a public platform and tell it like it is on the critical issues facing our state and our nation today. That means appealing directly to the people and telling the media up front to kiss off while reminding the people that if they believe the media all is lost anyway.

I am not sure such a candidate can be found but I will be looking.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Fluffy Abbott's support of Constitutional Carry is one statement years ago when he said he would sign it if it got to his desk. He has quietly done all he can to support people that will make sure it never gets to his desk. He lavished great love upon Bonnen. Even if we retain a majority in the elections we are stuck in an Abbott/Patrick Rino ditch. At least Bonnen is not in an elected position.

The conspiracy excuses you guys come up with crack me up.

When Abbott was AG he signed dozens of NFA Forms for me no problem when nobody in Dallas or other areas would.

We have been extremely lucky to have had over 25 years of pro-gun govs with zero gun vetos. Not likely we can do better

Top Bottom