• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Office of the Governor - Greg Abbott - [Press Release] Governor Abbott Statement On Supreme Court Ruling On Same-Sex Marriage

“The Supreme Court has abandoned its role as an impartial judicial arbiter and has become an unelected nine-member legislature. Five Justices on the Supreme Court have imposed on the entire country their personal views on an issue that the Constitution and the Court’s previous decisions reserve to the people of the States.
    “Despite the Supreme Court’s rulings, Texans’ fundamental right to religious liberty remains protected. No Texan is required by the Supreme Court’s decision to act contrary to his or her religious beliefs regarding marriage.
    “The Texas Constitution guarantees that ‘[n]o human authority ought, in any case whatsoever, to control or interfere with the rights of conscience in matters of religion.’ The First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution guarantees the free exercise of religion; and the Texas Religious Freedom Restoration Act, combined with the newly enacted Pastor Protection Act, provide robust legal protections to Texans whose faith commands them to adhere to the traditional understanding of marriage.
    “As I have done in the past, I will continue to defend the religious liberties of all Texans—including those whose conscience dictates that marriage is only the union of one man and one woman. Later today, I will be issuing a directive to state agencies instructing them to prioritize the protection of Texans’ religious liberties.”
    Hurley's Gold

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    How exactly does a state-issued license (or whatever the hell you wanna call it) in any way affect your religious freedom? There's no religious angle to the damn "marriage" (if that's even the term used), and it ain't like they're forcing priests to perform ceremonies (which actually would be a rather blatant, direct violation).

Seriously, can anyone answer that? I can't see the logic.

ByrdMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Wasilla, AK
    How exactly does a state-issued license (or whatever the hell you wanna call it) in any way affect your religious freedom? There's no religious angle to the damn "marriage" (if that's even the term used), and it ain't like they're forcing priests to perform ceremonies (which actually would be a rather blatant, direct violation).

Seriously, can anyone answer that? I can't see the logic.

I'm with ya here. They're not going to be getting married in churches anyway I wouldn't imagine. It'll be at a JOP office.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    the two posters above me do not understand the homosexual agenda very well.

why do you think the gays sued the couple for not baking them a wedding cake? They could have found someone to bake them one I 'm sure.

It's the next step in the radical agenda to then go and sue churches of faith that do not adhere to gay marriage. Call it what you wish, but they don't want to be "just left alone" . They are in your face and prepared to rock every basic historical and religious l institution in the country

Last edited:

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI

why do you think the gays sued the couple for not baking them a wedding cake? They could have found someone to bake them one I 'm sure.

It's the next step in the radical agenda to then go and sue churches of faith that do not adhere to gay marriage. Call it what you wish, but they don't want to be "just left alone" . They are in your face and prepared to rock every basic historical and religious l institution in the country

You seem to be basing your opinion on the LGBT crowd off the actions of a -very- few people. The vocal "rage against the establishment, sue people that tell us 'no'" group makes up the fringe, and a -lot- of LGBT folks hate 'em for the image they put out (and that folks like you buy in to). It's like the liberals comparing you and I to that fucker Roof or Laughner.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    You seem to be basing your opinion on the LGBT crowd off the actions of a -very- few people. The vocal "rage against the establishment, sue people that tell us 'no'" group makes up the fringe, and a -lot- of LGBT folks hate 'em for the image they put out (and that folks like you buy in to). It's like the liberals comparing you and I to that $#@!er Roof or Laughner.

and Islam is a religion of peace

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia

Your right if not why do they need to get married Benefits?

cpileri

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    near Fort Hood (Killeen)
    Not sure "they" can force a church who objects to same-sex unions to do the marriage; precedent seems to have been set w other sacraments like Baptism at least in Catholic churches. people come in all the time, or often enough, saying they want their kid baptized a Catholic but they aren't Catholic and have no intention of being Catholic, so they get denied and they have no legal recourse.

people are not guaranteed a Catholic or Baptist or AoG or whatever marriage, they are just allowed a state sanctioned union and no state is allowed to not recognize it.

nothing has changed, at least as far as the various denominations are concerned.

ByrdMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Wasilla, AK

I certainly hope you're wrong and yes, you're right about one thing, I do not know nor do I care what their agenda is. My life is unaffected.

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I certainly hope you're wrong and yes, you're right about one thing, I do not know nor do I care what their agenda is. My life is unaffected.

that is a foolish statement. Unless you live totally away from society and the culture and off grid your life is effected

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    that is a foolish statement. Unless you live totally away from society and the culture and off grid your life is effected

In what way? In what meaningful way would you be affected by this? Every time this topic comes up, that's a question that never gets answered.

ByrdMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Wasilla, AK

Really? So I need to be completely cut off from society in BFE or this will affect me? Sorry but that and your earlier statement sound like paranoid assumptions to me. If they want a contract to assume marriage privileges, good for them. I really don't care. I'm not pro gay, I'm pro WGAF.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    In what way? In what meaningful way would you be affected by this? Every time this topic comes up, that's a question that never gets answered.

gay marriage has now become a civil right, so naturally those who oppose it are going to be deemed bad like racist
    Explain that on to your kids who you are raising in a Christian home when the pubic school starts teaching this and they bring a home a text book about how gay marriage is legal and fully acceptable and that they would be wrong if they opposed it.

A Chaplin at a hospital who does not believe gay marriage is accepted by his faith, and he is called in to council with a gay couple
    How is that supposed to work out? Who is going to step up and protect the Chaplins job if he does not feel comfortable doing this?

This will be a big and further strain on Social Security. Survivor benefits will now be paid out to gay partners in addition to the stay at home mom who's husband died and who was the basis for the survivor benefits being put in place to start with.

Now, even more children will grow up without a father and we already are seeing the effects of this in the black community.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Mommy and daddy.
    Or not.

It creates a rift in the very foundation of society.
    I'd rather bet on horse races in Sweetwater and smoke pot in Post.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    gay marriage has now become a civil right, so naturally those who oppose it are going to be deemed bad like racist
    Explain that on to your kids who you are raising in a Christian home when the pubic school starts teaching this and they bring a home a text book about how gay marriage is legal and fully acceptable and that they would be wrong if they opposed it.

A Chaplin at a hospital who does not believe gay marriage is accepted by his faith, and he is called in to council with a gay couple
    How is that supposed to work out? Who is going to step up and protect the Chaplins job if he does not feel comfortable doing this?

This will be a big and further strain on Social Security. Survivor benefits will now be paid out to gay partners in addition to the stay at home mom who's husband died and who was the basis for the survivor benefits being put in place to start with.

Now, even more children will grow up without a father and we already are seeing the effects of this in the black community.

+1

They've already started to go after ministers and officiates. Think about this, a lot of officiates are ordained yet they perform marriage ceremonies for a living, as a business. As a business, wouldn't they be restricted by the 14th amendment, especially if it is now legal everywhere.

City threatens to arrest ministers who refuse to perform same-sex weddings | Fox News

In Canada
    https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/o...ed-to-conduct-same-sex-marriages-or-get-sack/

Or how about read what Justice Anthony Scalia already said on the subject a few months ago.

Scalia Insists Pastors Will Be Forced To Marry Gay Couples If Supreme Court Rules For Equality - The New Civil Rights Movement

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Until the Supreme Court says they have to.

But what are the odds of that happening? It would obviously be a direct violation of the First Amendment, and something tells me even SCOTUS wouldn't be that fuckin' stupid.

Anyone that thinks this one ruling has a good chance of leading to "the moral decay of America" or whatever the **** you want to call it, do us all a favor - take a chill pill, and pull your heads outta your asses. You're acting like a bunch of paranoid retards.

Top Bottom