• ...and so much more!
  • The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    I wonder what this thread would have looked like when interracial marriage was finally made "legal"...

Some of you guys are down right disgusting in your amount of judgement you render against others. Last time I checked, the bible, almost any version you want to pickup had more passages about not passing judgement than it did about homosexuality...but that is none of my business.

I for one am happy. My sister who is a lesbian can finally marry the person that she falls in love with, just as I did with my wife, and as my eldest sister did with her husband.

Next thing you know, we might actually have to start paying women equal wages for equal work, we are headed down the crapper for sure then..

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I know for a fact that the company I work for follows a pay scale and women are most definitely paid equally.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I know for a fact that the company I work for follows a pay scale and women are most definitely paid equally.

I always wonder how they come up with these study's that show 77 cents on the dollar.

What HR department would admit it?

Who would willing tell people how much they make? I mean everyone wants to say they paid gazillions for a house and how much they hoodwinked the auto dealer.

keith_tx

Bit and Byte Wrangler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    League City
    It doesn't really affect most of us beyond having the knowledge that this country is just another step away from being what it once was, which many of us think was greatness and a leader among the nations.

We all should be concerned, gay or not, about the fact the supreme court has acted as legislature. Now that this precedent has been set, gun rights are fair game.

Outside of that, we ought to be focused on the nearly 50% divorce rate for traditional marriages that is a far, far bigger risk to our country and values than gay marriages. I would test Abbott's assertion yesterday by asking if he would uphold his view if a judge whose religious views were contrary to divorce, and refused to issue divorce decrees. I doubt it.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    As I've said before- this doesn't effect me. I'm married, straight and I like more than half my money and stuff.

I'm not telling anyone how they should live their life. There's always peoe who won't approve of something. Get over it and don't be a victim. As I've said before, victims are losers and losers aren't winners. I want to be a winner.

Should private businesses have to cater to groups that they don't support or like? No. You can try and make your business whites or gays only and see how that works out. It's your business and you should be able to do whatever you want even if it's bigoted and stupid.

This doesn't effect me and I'm guessing it won't effect most of you either. Stop being a victim.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    We all should be concerned, gay or not, about the fact the supreme court has acted as legislature. Now that this precedent has been set, gun rights are fair game.

^^^^This is the scariest part of all.

SCOTUS took the power of the individual states to define what is a recognized marriage and created a federal standard. What happens when, in the next gun case they hear, SCOTUS decides to federalize the CCW standard nationwide to that of New York or Washington DC?

ByrdMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Wasilla, AK
    ^^^^This is the scariest part of all.

SCOTUS took the power of the individual states to define what is a recognized marriage and created a federal standard. What happens when, in the next gun case they hear, SCOTUS decides to federalize the CCW standard nationwide to that of New York or Washington DC?

And then how many would applaud them for that knowing we're condemning them for this one?

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch

If they ruled on something like this related to guns, everyone would blowing their loads over how the SCOTUS finally got one right. I guarantee it..

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I work in HR, Payroll and Benefits specifically. You have no idea what you are talking about. Move along..
    I can tell you for a fact, as much as I sometimes dislike Walmart, they DO pay equally bad regardles of color or gender . Every place I have ever worked has. It's liberal bullshit.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    SCOTUS has ruled in favor of 2A recently. More than once, and I don't think anyone blew anything. What's your point.

That was not my point. My point was if they creeped on the edge of what you all are calling legislation instead of interpretation but if favored the 2A side of things, no one would be bashing them then.

I have seen it said very well in a few places and this is a quote of one of them

"since there are religions that accept same-sex marriage, the fact that they were banned by some state laws at all is the actual violation of church and state that was being ruled on.

you'll always hear people talk about churches being forced to perform the weddings, etc and to put it bluntly, that's fucking idiotic. the cases haven't ever been about forcing a religious institution to do anything and I wouldn't expect any kind of a ruling that ever does that... the cases were about the non-religious state conferring rights and privileges to one group of people and not others. that's why the state supreme courts all came down in one way.

this was a slam dunk case/issue if you actually believe the founders and the Constitution when they say that all men are created equal. unless you're willing to promote the religious beliefs of some (that gay marriage is invalid) over the religious beliefs of others (which there are many religion institutions that have no problem with gay marriage), then there is only one way that the courts can rule.

for all we will hear/have heard for years about how this ruling would be a violation of religious liberty, etc, its actually the state bans which were the violation of religious liberty as they imposed one religious view over others."

Se7en62

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2015
    That Holler Up Yonder, Texas
    I would have been just fine if would have made it a nation wide civil union. I'm tired of the militant gays, the fricken activism in this country right now is a joke. A bunch of selfish look at me types.

^^^This. "Civil Union" for anyone who's not religious. "Marriage" for anyone who is. This would have at least protected the churches to some extent.

That said, now the majority of churches who refuse to provide same-sex marriage ceremonies, will lose their tax exemption.

Churches Could Lose Tax Exemption

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    That was not my point. My point was if they creeped on the edge of what you all are calling legislation instead of interpretation but if favored the 2A side of things, no one would be bashing them then.

I have seen it said very well in a few places and this is a quote of one of them

"since there are religions that accept same-sex marriage, the fact that they were banned by some state laws at all is the actual violation of church and state that was being ruled on.

you'll always hear people talk about churches being forced to perform the weddings, etc and to put it bluntly, that's $#@!ing idiotic. the cases haven't ever been about forcing a religious institution to do anything and I wouldn't expect any kind of a ruling that ever does that... the cases were about the non-religious state conferring rights and privileges to one group of people and not others. that's why the state supreme courts all came down in one way.

this was a slam dunk case/issue if you actually believe the founders and the Constitution when they say that all men are created equal. unless you're willing to promote the religious beliefs of some (that gay marriage is invalid) over the religious beliefs of others (which there are many religion institutions that have no problem with gay marriage), then there is only one way that the courts can rule.

for all we will hear/have heard for years about how this ruling would be a violation of religious liberty, etc, its actually the state bans which were the violation of religious liberty as they imposed one religious view over others."

Well, it's already starting. I respect your opinion, but I think it's short sighted.

http://patdollard.com/2015/06/the-w...-christians-must-participate-in-gay-weddings/

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Well, it's already starting. I respect your opinion, but I think it's short sighted.

http://patdollard.com/2015/06/the-w...-christians-must-participate-in-gay-weddings/

The ravings of one Senator do not equal a SCOTUS ruling. Unless and until there's a judicial ruling to that effect (or even a case to challenge the question), talking about it as if it's a certainty is just plain stupid, and reminiscent of the "blood in the streets" argument against CC/OC of firearms.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch

If you re read my post, that was a quote, not my statement.

You guys crack me up. One senator comes out and says one thing, and its all started to go down hill. Laughable. If it was all over when one senator said something stupid, none of us would own ARs anymore either.

I am on a bunch of different forums in a bunch of different places, and this is the ONLY one where I have seen people getting all bent out of shape acting like the steroptypical red necks...its totally worth the entertainment.

Top Bottom