• ...and so much more!
  • Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Went over to the Academy in Pearland a while ago.
    They had some .22lr(800rd Federal bulk pack), .22mag, 40, 45, ,224V, 30-30, 30-06, 22-250, 6.5CM, 308 Hunting ammo,
    and some various shotshells.
    They had a small amount of 9mm but I watched it get snarfed up as I stood there looking. LOL

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Went over to the Academy in Pearland a while ago.
    They had some .22lr(800rd Federal bulk pack), .22mag, 40, 45, ,224V, 30-30, 30-06, 22-250, 6.5CM, 308 Hunting ammo,
    and some various shotshells.
    They had a small amount of 9mm but I watched it get snarfed up as I stood there looking. LOL

Academy off of Hwy 288 & Broadway?

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    This is what my Academy looked like at 10:00 am on delivery day. It won't last long but it is usually all gone before the line clears. Maybe things are getting a little better.

20210331_100131 (Small).jpg

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Not getting better until the prices return to normal or thereabouts. They can have all they want at $1 a round for some of this stuff. I haven't seen a shortage of ammo, just a shortage of affordable ammo. I have been able to buy ammo all along if I wanted it. Some you just have to pay through the nose if you really wanted it really bad.

MacLeòid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2021
    Alabama
    My local Academy store has absolute nothing when it comes to ammo. A few firearms and magazines. Glad I bought when I could over the years.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I went by one local academy and they finally started staggering their restock times so neckbeards only get leftovers or whatever they felt like putting out. Good strategy but now that 9 is at $20/box they can keep it. At least if someone was truly in need and not just hoarding their odds have improved.

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    I went by one local academy and they finally started staggering their restock times so neckbeards only get leftovers or whatever they felt like putting out. Good strategy but now that 9 is at $20/box they can keep it. At least if someone was truly in need and not just hoarding their odds have improved.
    9mm at $20 a box after tax is a hell of a deal compare to what is available on Ammoseek.com and in my mind is close to regular price.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Federal Premium.com just raised their online price for 9mm by $4 a box. Went from $22.99 to $26.99. 2 box limit per order. They raised the price of other ammo similarly. I had been ordering from them, but now their prices are in line with everyone else on the web once you add the $12 shipping and tax. So much for ammo prices turning around.

I guess the good news is that the 124gr American Eagle has been available all day. It usually goes OOS in a couple hours.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I am honestly surprised that they have started doing this. Good for them

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Not getting better until the prices return to normal or thereabouts. They can have all they want at $1 a round for some of this stuff. I haven't seen a shortage of ammo, just a shortage of affordable ammo. I have been able to buy ammo all along if I wanted it. Some you just have to pay through the nose if you really wanted it really bad.
    Once ammo is on shelves, people won't feel a need to panic buy and prices will drop. Demand has dropped, prices are next

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    The 20 dollar a box ammo isn't terrible but just not worth it to me. I do have the luxury of being a reloader and even if I was paying $200/1k primers I could still make it for less than 30cpr. Since I still have several thousand left I'll just put in the sweat equity.

My cost with my favorite plated bullet is currently 14 CPR. Now that 223 is topping 70 CPR that will be next on the production list. I can load extremely accurate soft points for 20 cpr or ballistic tips for 30. I've got enough of all needed components to weather a decade long storm.

I'm sure I'll still pop in on occasion but I won't be in that morning line up anytime soon. For anyone who isn't in a similar position I would go for it. I do think the bubble has finally burst. In a couple more months we might see some over leveraged neckbeards finally dumping at reasonable prices.

BABBALOU1956

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2021
    Lewisville
    If 60-80 cents a round plus shipping is the new normal for cheap stuff I'll be shooting my .22 a lot more than my centerfire guns from here on. My four .22s rarely make the rotation but that's about to reverse. Once a year I'll shoot one box of 38, 380, 9mm & 45 acp. Spending the same just shooting less.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Just back from Academy.
    The neckbeards had already looted the place but they still had plenty of 9mm(several different brands) and 45acp. Just a little 10mm.
    Just a smattering of rifle stuff. box here and there of 5.56, 300BLK, 30-06, 308.
    No rimfire ammo of any type.
    I bought two 200rd boxes of Monarch brass @ $64.99 per.
    With tax it was $70.35ea. That equals right at $0.35cents per round. Not too bad for today prices.

Top Bottom