• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Analog Kid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Rockwall, Texas
    What we are seeing en masse is denial in the fact that supply is not meeting the current demand coupled with the very obvious onset of hyper inflation, which is only going to get worse in the coming months.

Sorry folks ammunition prices won’t be returning to a 2019 cost. Personally, I have been stock piling ammo for years and I still purchase what I can knowing full well that price is only going to increase with time.

For those waiting on ammunition prices to significantly drop...you are doing so in vain.
    Agreed. Prices will probably never drop to pre- covid levels. Gun prices are going to drop though as ammo availability increases. I am already seeing firearm stocks returning, particularly those hard to find items.
    Venture Surplus ad

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    No, they're not. If you check"completed listings" on GB you'll see the volume has gone down a lot and almost none of the typical Academy ammo is found for sale(only looked for 9mm and .40 ammo)
    A group of people (buying from Academy and selling on GB) keeps the whole USA ammo market up. How does that sound? Improbable, right?
    Doubt they are making much of a profit.. they pay academy prices.. and can only buy 2 boxes at a time, plus State Tax.. and to sell on G.B. it costs money in fees.. don't really see the upside for all the hassle involved.

I think you are mistaken. And when I mentioned "Gunbroker", that was meant to represent "gun shows, the Internet, the side of the road, etc..

I saw a guy sitting in a Jeep last Friday parked on the side of LP1604 by Adkins with a big "AMMO" sign...just like you see the folks selling flags, blankets, produce, etc.

And how many times have I seen folks post about bricks and mixed boxes of .22 and boxes of 9MM, .223, etc. selling for crazy prices at gun shows? Lots.

True, Johnny and Jane Doe can't do much selling by stopping at one Academy and buying a couple boxes of shells for resale...but when they spend the morning running from shop to shop every day, they can collect a good bounty that an be sold every other week at a gun show, especially if they are teaming up with a few other groups of folks.

There isn't a line every day outside Academy because they are all running to the range for a morning shoot or adding to their cache incrementally. Those of us who stockpile "hoard???" ammo generally do it by the case when it's cheap or we get a great deal.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Agreed. Prices will probably never drop to pre- covid levels. Gun prices are going to drop though as ammo availability increases. I am already seeing firearm stocks returning, particularly those hard to find items.

Never say "Never"...lots of folks thought that after most of the big ammo runs. And we saw 9MM for under $0.17 per round and .22 for around $0.04 the summer before COVID.

No argument it will be very hard to get back there with our current soup sandwich world, but if the American people ever wake up to the "freedom suck" we are living in, we just may. If they don't, God help us all...

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    I already predicted 60
    Day relief and it’s pretty much happening. Prices on ammo will actually go below pre Covid19. Ammo companies have ramped up and understand the hardships. I’m banking on it once again.

Reaper_713

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2021
    League City
    It’s NOT the “hoarders”, it’s the “scalpers” who keep this marker screwed up! They are making a darn good return buying from Academy and selling on GunBroker.
    ^This

Recently also went into UPS to send out some car parts from a different forum and the clerk asked if it was ammo due to the weight.
    She claimed they've been getting bombarded with people coming in to ship out ammo. Pretty piss poor if you ask me, people need to get a job.

awmp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2008
    It is going to take time for prices to lower as demand and price gouging lower. I had a buddy pay $1.00 a round for 5.56/.223 and he felt like it got a good deal just because he found some.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    High_Stakes gambling.jpg

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Local Academy had some 9mm, 40SW, 380, 5.56, 224 Valkyrie, 308, x39 today.
    They even had some HydraShok 9mm HP.
    Just bought my two 50rd boxes of 9mmFMJ.

Analog Kid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Rockwall, Texas
    I think you are mistaken. And when I mentioned "Gunbroker", that was meant to represent "gun shows, the Internet, the side of the road, etc..

I saw a guy sitting in a Jeep last Friday parked on the side of LP1604 by Adkins with a big "AMMO" sign...just like you see the folks selling flags, blankets, produce, etc.

And how many times have I seen folks post about bricks and mixed boxes of .22 and boxes of 9MM, .223, etc. selling for crazy prices at gun shows? Lots.

True, Johnny and Jane Doe can't do much selling by stopping at one Academy and buying a couple boxes of shells for resale...but when they spend the morning running from shop to shop every day, they can collect a good bounty that an be sold every other week at a gun show, especially if they are teaming up with a few other groups of folks.

There isn't a line every day outside Academy because they are all running to the range for a morning shoot or adding to their cache incrementally. Those of us who stockpile "hoard???" ammo generally do it by the case when it's cheap or we get a great deal.
    I guess if someone is desperate for ammo they would pay ridiculous prices, I have found reasonable deals on the internet and at my gun range. I haven't been to a gun show in 20 years.

Reaper_713

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2021
    League City
    I guess if someone is desperate for ammo they would pay ridiculous prices, I have found reasonable deals on the internet and at my gun range. I haven't been to a gun show in 20 years.

You should see prices over at Texas Gun TraderJesus Christ no shame in some of their prices.
    I went into Shoot Point Blank in Round Rock and to my surprise they had a decent stock of 9, 40, 45 pistol ammunition. I asked how much a box of 9 was and the lady said $34.99! I replied well that’s why you have ammo in stock.
    They just opened up a brand new Shoot Point Blank near me. You pretty much have to buy their membership to be able to do anything in there. They're awfully proud of their membership prices as well.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    AmyG
    Top Bottom