• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2019
    Houston, Texas
    Academy here in Houston has 45ACP, .223, 6.5 Grendel and one had quite a bit of 9mm Blazer brass. just spotty so I pop in when I'm in the area.
    Guns International

Reaper_713

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2021
    League City
    Academy definitely has been getting shipments in every other day at the least in the Houston area. Cabela's and Bass Pro when I have gone in have been bone dry.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Things to do when there is an ammo shortage.
    Shotgun_butt.jpg

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I suspect that eventually the ammo manufacturers will out run the hoarders.
    I've noticed in the past week ammo at Academy has been more available than the past, I even found some this past Saturday which is really rare.

Hopefully we've hit that demand plateau and supply is catching up. Let's just hope our government can stfu and focus on other squirrels.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Typically 2 hours after they're open most of the popular stuff is gone.
    But the smell of neckbeard lingers for hours. I suspect that is the real reason all ammo is done at the customer service island at Academy. It is near the front door and the neg/pos pressure pulls the stench of loaded depends out more efficiently than if they drove their rascals through the whole store to the sporting goods counter.

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    But the smell of neckbeard lingers for hours. I suspect that is the real reason all ammo is done at the customer service island at Academy. It is near the front door and the neg/pos pressure pulls the stench of loaded depends out more efficiently than if they drove their rascals through the whole store to the sporting goods counter.

Definitely in the top 5 or 6 of Hoji-isms.

mnpshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Centex
    Are all the locations only allowing 2 boxes per purchase? For a while it was 2 boxes per caliber. I just went to the Round Rock location this week and could only buy 2 boxes.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Every store that I have visited recently has a two box total limit pet customer.
    They changed from three per customer a couple/three weeks back.

tool4daman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2014
    North DFW
    The Academy in Frisco only allows one "large" box per customer. But I've been in there after 5:00 PM the past couple of days and they've still had .40 and .45 caliber along with green tip 5.56

Reactions: MTA

miniion26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2020
    Highlands
    It’s NOT the “hoarders”, it’s the “scalpers” who keep this marker screwed up! They are making a darn good return buying from Academy and selling on GunBroker.
    No, they're not. If you check"completed listings" on GB you'll see the volume has gone down a lot and almost none of the typical Academy ammo is found for sale(only looked for 9mm and .40 ammo)
    A group of people (buying from Academy and selling on GB) keeps the whole USA ammo market up. How does that sound? Improbable, right?

Last edited:

Analog Kid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Rockwall, Texas
    It’s NOT the “hoarders”, it’s the “scalpers” who keep this marker screwed up! They are making a darn good return buying from Academy and selling on GunBroker.
    Doubt they are making much of a profit.. they pay academy prices.. and can only buy 2 boxes at a time, plus State Tax.. and to sell on G.B. it costs money in fees.. don't really see the upside for all the hassle involved.

ST5MF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Doubt they are making much of a profit.. they pay academy prices.. and can only buy 2 boxes at a time, plus State Tax.. and to sell on G.B. it costs money in fees.. don't really see the upside for all the hassle involved.

What we are seeing en masse is denial in the fact that supply is not meeting the current demand coupled with the very obvious onset of hyper inflation, which is only going to get worse in the coming months.

Sorry folks ammunition prices won’t be returning to a 2019 cost. Personally, I have been stock piling ammo for years and I still purchase what I can knowing full well that price is only going to increase with time.

For those waiting on ammunition prices to significantly drop...you are doing so in vain.

Top Bottom