• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Well the 100 Rd packs of 7.62x39 were 29.99, now just plain unavailable. Also the winchester m855 was 9.99 now 11.99. I think they are trying to slow the resell market. Hope it works

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I went to 3 Academy's and a Cabela's today. 7.62, 5.56, .223 and some .45 stuff on the shelf in 20ct packaging. At all four places I looked for reloading supplies. Academy "used" to have some bullets in the reloading section. I saw ONE die for a caliber I can't remember at ONE Academy. The other stores really had no "reloading" section any longer.

And another bad trend... Just before Christmas more and more handguns were showing up at Academy's. Since the first of the year that has seen a reversing trend. One Academy I went to had 2 handguns on display. Another 4 handguns in the case including one 5.7 S&W(that'uns been in the case for months on end). Cabela's still has cases full some of them are $1,600.00 22LR... $1,300.00 9mm. Mmmmm.... not fer me.

festering

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    sw houston
    l.jpg

Spcwolf

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    I have had better luck at locally owned stores.

There are some selling third tier ammo at 1.25$ per shot.

No thank you. I am not desperate and not a sucker either. I have enough 556, but buy it when I see it.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I'm doing some rough math. If a neckbeard can resell at 60cpr profit what are they making? $22-23/he? That's not bad I guess.

Trying to understand why someone would go to all that trouble instead of working a real job or opening a more stable business.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I'm doing some rough math. If a neckbeard can resell at 60cpr profit what are they making? $22-23/he? That's not bad I guess.

Trying to understand why someone would go to all that trouble instead of working a real job or opening a more stable business.

I'm guessing many are either retired, disabled or straight out not working by choice and lack of real life bills i.e. Mom's basement.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

Have 5 adults in your household? Coupled with the “run to the minivan and change shirts/hats and repeat” tactic mentioned earlier it could amount to an extra 500-800 a week

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Have 5 adults in your household? Coupled with the “run to the minivan and change shirts/hats and repeat” tactic mentioned earlier it could amount to an extra 500-800 a week

Didn't think about that.

Edit: I was thinking one guy and 3 boxes here and there. If you have a posse & do it daily I guess it makes sense.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    We all knew when the four years were up that shit was gonna hit the fans. But people are wanting to buy ammo after the fact.
    And God knows I encouraged every person I know with a gun to just grab a box or two for every gun they own whenever they were someplace that sold ammo( Walmart , academy , cabelas , etc) but did they listen? Nope. Now I am getting asked by a lot of folks if I can help them out. Sorry, only way I could do it is if I charged what it would cost me to conveniently replace it, and I will not charge $7-10 a round for 30-30.

GP40X

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    League City, TX
    I went to 3 Academy's and a Cabela's today. 7.62, 5.56, .223 and some .45 stuff on the shelf in 20ct packaging. At all four places I looked for reloading supplies. Academy "used" to have some bullets in the reloading section. I saw ONE die for a caliber I can't remember at ONE Academy. The other stores really had no "reloading" section any longer.

And another bad trend... Just before Christmas more and more handguns were showing up at Academy's. Since the first of the year that has seen a reversing trend. One Academy I went to had 2 handguns on display. Another 4 handguns in the case including one 5.7 S&W(that'uns been in the case for months on end). Cabela's still has cases full some of them are $1,600.00 22LR... $1,300.00 9mm. Mmmmm.... not fer me.

Not sure where in TX you are at but the Cabela's in League City actually has some reloading supplies. Have some dies in stock some Hornady equipment, a few boxes of bullets in some of the more obscure calibers but powder is hit or miss and I haven't seen any primers in stock in months and months.

Well if it is 60¢ per round profit and just to average say it is a 50 round box, that's $30.00 a box profit. Now if these pieces of excrement sell 100 boxes in a weekend at a gun show, that's 3 grand profit. You can almost bet that some of these people are probably not rerporting their extra income to the IRS so they aren't paying taxes on this ill gotten gain either.

Are there any members that are IRS agents on the site?

Top Bottom