• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    You can almost bet that some of these people are probably not rerporting their extra income to the IRS so they aren't paying taxes on this ill gotten gain either.

Are there any members that are IRS agents on the site?
    Taxation is theft.
    Never invite the man into your life.
    Hate them for being pond scum all you want, but do not even joke about inviting the king’s highwaymen into anyone’s life.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Not sure where in TX you are at but the Cabela's in League City actually has some reloading supplies. Have some dies in stock some Hornady equipment, a few boxes of bullets in some of the more obscure calibers but powder is hit or miss and I haven't seen any primers in stock in months and months.

That's the one I went to. And yes... Cabela's did have some reloading stuff in stock. When referring to "reloading stuff" I meant supplies not so much equipment. But as far as Academy goes none of either. And what's at Cabela's is only there because nobody wants it. :)

GP40X

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    League City, TX
    And God knows I encouraged every person I know with a gun to just grab a box or two for every gun they own whenever they were someplace that sold ammo( Walmart , academy , cabelas , etc) but did they listen? Nope. Now I am getting asked by a lot of folks if I can help them out. Sorry, only way I could do it is if I charged what it would cost me to conveniently replace it, and I will not charge $7-10 a round for 30-30.
    My problem is I just added a new caliber. I have enough 9mm for my needs. I sold my 9mm carry gun (Kahr PM 9) and bought a .357 snubbie for my new carry gun due to dexterity issues. Plan was to practice using 38 Special, but you can't find 38 special or .0357 magnum ammo outside of overpriced gun show ammo for love or money. Almost all of my 9mm is 124 gr and I am saving that for my 9mm 1911 if needed. I have litterally found only two places tha thad 38 special in stock. A gun range that had Norma 158 gr FMJ for $43.99 a 50 round box (.88CPR) and a LGS that had Armscor 38 special 158 gr for $62.99 for a 100 rouind box (limit 1, 63CPR). Have to start reloading just to have ammo to shoot.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Not sure where in TX you are at but the Cabela's in League City actually has some reloading supplies. Have some dies in stock some Hornady equipment, a few boxes of bullets in some of the more obscure calibers but powder is hit or miss and I haven't seen any primers in stock in months and months.

Well if it is 60¢ per round profit and just to average say it is a 50 round box, that's $30.00 a box profit. Now if these pieces of excrement sell 100 boxes in a weekend at a gun show, that's 3 grand profit. You can almost bet that some of these people are probably not rerporting their extra income to the IRS so they aren't paying taxes on this ill gotten gain either.

I wouldn't either. **** the IRS.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Plan was to practice using 38 Special, but you can't find 38 special or .0357 magnum ammo outside of overpriced gun show ammo for love or money.

If you can find it at Academy, it'll be about $4 a box cheaper, however if not then this comes in and out of stock fairly regularly.
    Either keep an eye on Good Deals Guns thread or check the web page early mornings during the week if you can. Unfortunately the earlier the better, starting at around 0330, but I've seen it last past those ungodly hours as well. I got in 5 boxes last night. Be warned it will take about 15 days from placing the order to delivery.

I haven't seen much of their .38 listed.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    My problem is I just added a new caliber. I have enough 9mm for my needs. I sold my 9mm carry gun (Kahr PM 9) and bought a .357 snubbie for my new carry gun due to dexterity issues. Plan was to practice using 38 Special, but you can't find 38 special or .0357 magnum ammo outside of overpriced gun show ammo for love or money. Almost all of my 9mm is 124 gr and I am saving that for my 9mm 1911 if needed. I have litterally found only two places tha thad 38 special in stock. A gun range that had Norma 158 gr FMJ for $43.99 a 50 round box (.88CPR) and a LGS that had Armscor 38 special 158 gr for $62.99 for a 100 rouind box (limit 1, 63CPR). Have to start reloading just to have ammo to shoot.
    Whatever you do, do NOT use the steel cases .38/.357. This advice comes as a LTC instructor who takes a hard rubber mallet whenever I do a qualification just in case that one person with a revolver is shooting steel through it.

LAWJIC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2021
    Waco, Tx
    So for a few weeks in a row I was popping in to one of the 3 academy's on my typical work commute. 1 had powder a month ago, another had monarch brass 45 and 9 ammo. I even found a few bricks of 22 ammo here and there. However, making a call to the gun bar this morning just to see if a truck came in...

Kid says " we did get ammo today, there were about 100 people in line and it was all sold within 15 minutes of opening. "

Dang, I knew things were rough out there but that's next level bad. Hope y'all are stocked up!
    Its like the toilete paper “scare” we had a year ago... for no reason people over bought TP... in this case you probably, or likely have people with plenty of ammo buying even more ammo causing this shortage for others who have very little and no time to sit in lines and search cities and internet sites... i would never want rationing by anyone (govt) to keep it “fair” but maybe we should govern ourselves to make sure all gun owners especially our new gun owners get ammo. Reach out around you to make sure your buddy has what they need to protect their family, community and enough to train with, which is the most important part of the owning a firearm.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Its like the toilete paper “scare” we had a year ago... for no reason people over bought TP... in this case you probably, or likely have people with plenty of ammo buying even more ammo causing this shortage for others who have very little and no time to sit in lines and search cities and internet sites... i would never want rationing by anyone (govt) to keep it “fair” but maybe we should govern ourselves to make sure all gun owners especially our new gun owners get ammo. Reach out around you to make sure your buddy has what they need to protect their family, community and enough to train with, which is the most important part of the owning a firearm.
    Welcome to the Forum!

LAWJIC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2021
    Waco, Tx
    So for a few weeks in a row I was popping in to one of the 3 academy's on my typical work commute. 1 had powder a month ago, another had monarch brass 45 and 9 ammo. I even found a few bricks of 22 ammo here and there. However, making a call to the gun bar this morning just to see if a truck came in...

Kid says " we did get ammo today, there were about 100 people in line and it was all sold within 15 minutes of opening. "

Dang, I knew things were rough out there but that's next level bad. Hope y'all are stocked up!
    We can’t hope people are ammo’d up. we need to reach out to make sure people are sticked up and enough to get training in. so many new gun owners right now we have to protect and watch over our communities and the gun communities.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    How about no.

Spcwolf

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    I'm doing some rough math. If a neckbeard can resell at 60cpr profit what are they making? $22-23/he? That's not bad I guess.

Trying to understand why someone would go to all that trouble instead of working a real job or opening a more stable business.

No they are charging 5-6x per cost.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I would never want rationing by anyone (govt) to keep it “fair” but maybe we should govern ourselves to make sure all gun owners especially our new gun owners get ammo.

So you're saying we need to self impose communism among the people that were prepared for something like this?

Let me guess, you used to live in one of them blue colored states.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    I'm doing some rough math. If a neckbeard can resell at 60cpr profit what are they making? $22-23/he? That's not bad I guess.

Trying to understand why someone would go to all that trouble instead of working a real job or opening a more stable business.
    Many people are bad at math, keeping a regular job, and determining who to vote for president. They do not see the overall costs of their operation plus we do not know to whom they are selling. Based on reports of what people were being paid to smuggle ammo to Mexico, the cartels were paying more than a dollar per round before the pandemic. The cartels do not appear to have reduced their wars because of the virus. Plus, based on how much is sold in the shops versus what turns up on the market, something is still not adding up. So the question is, how much ammo that the neckbeards are buying is staying here versus how much is being smuggled south?

I guess I should contact Freakonomics and have them address the issue on one of their podcasts.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    You can almost bet that some of these people are probably not rerporting their extra income to the IRS so they aren't paying taxes on this ill gotten gain either.
    If you really want to, start here. The form you need is here. If you can actually provide enough information so as to almost entirely make the case (Practically speaking, that's the only time they pay out.), you can ask for a reward here.
    Probably but I don't know of any. I feel pretty sure that if an Agent is here, they won't publicly admit it on this board.

If you fill out the forms above, they'll go to an Agent and the very long process of something being done will start. And probably stop immediately because you didn't provide enough information to really start a case.

Of course, if you want to get a case started on tax fraud without delay, you don't really want an Agent. You want a Special Agent since they're allowed to initiate their own cases. If you talk to one of those and that results in the SA initiating an investigation, you can forget the forms. They'll take all the credit for the case and your chance of getting a reward is zero.

Don't even bother talking to an Officer. No one listens to those guys. :)

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Well I took a shot this morning and stood in line at one. 20 or so people there a quarter til opening. Several more funneling in as it was closer to 9. One guy was doling out $100 bills to his Spanish speaking pals. There were 5 or 6 of them.
    Inside, only 22wmr, 450 Bushmaster and overpriced steel case. I paid 8.99$ per box for Tula 223. A buddy wants to entertain a few people out at the ranch so I figured it's better than nothing. I chose a bad day to take a shot but I'm ok with helping out an old friend who has limited access to ammo lately.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    And God knows I encouraged every person I know with a gun to just grab a box or two for every gun they own whenever they were someplace that sold ammo( Walmart , academy , cabelas , etc) but did they listen? Nope. Now I am getting asked by a lot of folks if I can help them out. Sorry, only way I could do it is if I charged what it would cost me to conveniently replace it, and I will not charge $7-10 a round for 30-30.
    Is 30-30 that far up there now? I managed to get a decent stock of it over the past couple of months with a bit of patience. Maybe I don't need it that bad lol.

Top Bottom