• ...and so much more!
  • stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Let's call that a "box" of ammo. ;)

Reminds me of the time I was picking up a pizza to go...young lady arrived at the same time and we walked toward the ovens. Chef asked the young lady if she would like her pizza cut into 8 slices or 12. Young lady thought for a moment and replied..."Just cut it into eight...we're not hungry enough to eat 12 slices of pizza!!!"

So I finally read my shotgun shell box of .22.

It does say bulk pack. He's right.

I'm sorry I steered you guys wrong. As the kind and generous guy I am. And since Academy has a no return policy on ammo. I'll bite the bullet and buy back at cost.all the bulk packs that you guys bought thinking they were brick packs.
    Guns International

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    ill just start calling it "a cardboard container".... bulk pack or little boxes inside a bigger box in the shape of a brick..... it does not matter.....

for example.... I scored a 500 count cardboard container of .22s yesterday....:clown:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    When I see bricks....er...bulk packs, out on the regular shelves again ill call it over.
    When I see 100-round plastic boxes of CCI standard velocity out on regular shelves, in good quantity, for no more than $8, I'll call it over. I'm willing to pay more than that now but not much.

There is a pervasive belief in the bullseye community that the 100-round plastic boxes of CCI SV are produced on a different line than the stuff packed in cardboard boxes. Supposedly, the plastic-box stuff is slightly more consistent. The belief is so common (and it may be true, for all I know) that that particular ammo is consider the standard, go-to, shoot-your-local-match-with-it ammo. Maybe I'm believing unfounded rumor but I know that that is the type of ammo that sets the benchmark for "market normality" in my mind.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    When I see 100-round plastic boxes of CCI standard velocity out on regular shelves, in good quantity, for no more than $8, I'll call it over. I'm willing to pay more than that now but not much.

There is a pervasive belief in the bullseye community that the 100-round plastic boxes of CCI SV are produced on a different line than the stuff packed in cardboard boxes. Supposedly, the plastic-box stuff is slightly more consistent. The belief is so common (and it may be true, for all I know) that that particular ammo is consider the standard, go-to, shoot-your-local-match-with-it ammo. Maybe I'm believing unfounded rumor but I know that that is the type of ammo that sets the benchmark for "market normality" in my mind.
    I store mine bullet down and not perpendicular to the ground to ensure accuracy and longevity in storage.

Havent lost a match yet (or competed in one).

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409

From what I have read in several European shooting forums, several EU countries asked CCI to deliver the SV in paper boxes to reduce the waste stream of plastic containers.

They care more about plastic pollution than non-assimilated Muslims in their neighborhoods.

As for accuracy, I have found the CCI Standard Velocity rounds packed in paper/cardboard to be a bit more accurate than their plastic box cousins -- the paper absorbs far more shock and vibration while in transit.

The plastic containers allow the rounds to "rattle." I'm sure that it affects the priming compound and overall length of the cartridge.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    As for accuracy, I have found the CCI Standard Velocity rounds packed in paper/cardboard to be a bit more accurate than their plastic box cousins -- the paper absorbs far more shock and vibration while in transit.
    Interesting take on the subject though it's not the conventional wisdom among the Conventional Pistol crowd.

Anybody have any thoughts on Federal American Eagle .22s? My LGS has cases and bricks of the stuff and I was wondering if it was worth testing or if it was on par with Remington Golden Duds. They're charging $50 for a 500-round brick, btw.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    From what I have read in several European shooting forums, several EU countries asked CCI to deliver the SV in paper boxes to reduce the waste stream of plastic containers.

They care more about plastic pollution than non-assimilated Muslims in their neighborhoods.

The plastic containers allow the rounds to "rattle." I'm sure that it affects the priming compound and overall length of the cartridge.

I have found letting other people use my 10/22 greatly increases its accuracy.

Ironhorseromo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2014
    Interesting take on the subject though it's not the conventional wisdom among the Conventional Pistol crowd.

Anybody have any thoughts on Federal American Eagle .22s? My LGS has cases and bricks of the stuff and I was wondering if it was worth testing or if it was on par with Remington Golden Duds. They're charging $50 for a 500-round brick, btw.
    That's a lot for a brick of .22

Ironhorseromo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2014
    My wife is patient enough to be one of the most accurate bench shooters I've ever seen. Cci sv in paper boxes does help. I think it's more accurate but all cci is fairly accurate.
    I concur. I prefer CCI SV over mini mags when target shooting.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas

We are getting $28.00/brick for the American Eagle......our cost is $22.00 and change.... so your LGS is a little high, imho.....

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    Pretty sure he's headed for the .22 ammo...

4489.jpg

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    How does it shoot?

It's dirty (isn't all 22LR?)....but it cycles and shot well in our 3 range pistols, a BuckMark, SR 22 and M&P 22...no failures. It's 40 gr. lead. I dumped a couple of bricks into our ammo can and have been using it for private instruction. We have been selling the Federal blue box Champion 36 gr. copper jacketed 525 ct. bricks for the same price. Getting large quantities of bricks is still tough, though..

....and Chirpy....please tell that pic is PS'd........ugh....

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I think its been two years since we've had plated 22lr here in this area

Ironhorseromo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2014
    It's dirty (isn't all 22LR?)....but it cycles and shot well in our 3 range pistols, a BuckMark, SR 22 and M&P 22...no failures. It's 40 gr. lead. I dumped a couple of bricks into our ammo can and have been using it for private instruction. We have been selling the Federal blue box Champion 36 gr. copper jacketed 525 ct. bricks for the same price. Getting large quantities of bricks is still tough, though..

....and Chirpy....please tell that pic is PS'd........ugh....
    How does your M&P .22 compare to your SR22?

Top Bottom