• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I ran through a quick scenario with my officers. All of them know I'm a pretty proficient shooter. I closed the office door which opens out an got behind it. They were on the other side of the door. I yelled out and asked them how many want to get shot in the face before they get solid rounds on me.

Nobody was willing to be the point man. I gave them all a choice and told them to decide amongst themselves who wants to be the first two or three to die for those kids.

Comparing their skills to those of a tac team with real world CQB and operational experience isn't even comparable. Those guys have thousands of room entries in practice where the patrol guy almost zero.

Just food for thought.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    c1e25e6fadb52e859f405539567fd724.jpg

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Were there no windows to that classroom? There was talk in various media about police "breaking windows" to evac kids and teachers from other parts of the building. I've been wondering if maybe it was an interior room with no windows but apparently not. Seems a likely avenue for a quick head shot on the murderer...

And on that tangent, I'll say right now I support a law that encourages officers when responding to mass casualty events at schools to fucking shoot the perp in the head. Don't try to negotiate him out, don't try to arrest him, plug him and drag his carcass out.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I'm still trying to get truthful accurate information on what exactly transpired.

Jesus Christ... there is so much BS being spewed.....

I know emotions are at astronomical levels and folks are are grieving....but that doesn't excuse all the BS and political posturing........

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I'm still trying to get truthful accurate information on what exactly transpired.

Good luck there. Nobody takes down or corrects articles with information that turned out not to be true. I'm pretty sure that's on purpose - multiple narratives help push the political goals. Just look how many people still insiste police officers were murdered by the crowd at the US Capitol.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Yesterday the narrative changed significantly, but I think we have a handle on it now. Basically the school/school district police failed miserably. They violated multiple parts of their written security plan-

Violated locked class room door policy
    Violated locked exterior door policy
    Did not monitor cameras to see shooter shooting at school for 12 minutes
    Did not have armed police onsite
    Did not have unarmed security monitoring campus.

The ISD/PD Chief made bad calls at every opportunity during the Active Shooter Incident.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    All communities should look at their ISD PD departments.. ..

I'll be honest. Our is staffed mainly with older (55+) retired officers male and female and all are overweight and out of shape.

Yes they are all nice.....everyone knows them........everyone likes them, blah, blah, blah......

But they are the wrong people for the job..............imho......

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Yep. It’s a proprietary system. People can set it up however they want. Agencies have “their” key and the buyer specifies how they want the box keyed and what will be in it. Or they can have a switch (like on an entry gate) keyed to the agency they want to allow access,

Unless things have changed, NO ONE can even buy a Knox Box without the authorization code from the Fire marshal/chief.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Yah, I don't care what you think either.

But you might consider buying your own news network so that you can get what you want in front of the audiences you desire.

How do you know those talking heads are Republican? What makes you think that CNN would allow any truth to be spoken there and not censored?

Truth is, in a free country there will always be news outlets with people saying things that are not the truth. That said, yes, the old Bush wing of the R party is full of crap. However, the thing to do is get people on that are not full of crap... not going to happen on Fox news with Rupert's kids running it, tho some of the talking heads are great on their own shows, not going to EVER happen on CNN. Nor on NBC or esp MSNBC. As far as CBS and ABC, I wouldn't know.

Good luck with your quest of tilting at windmills.
    Weird flex sir. Are we on the same team?

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    What I fear the most to come from this politically is some very hard "gun control" laws. The media is whipping this up and the celebrities are jumping onboard. Several Republican legislatrs in Washington are gravitating to that side of controlling the people. We must be ever more vigilant and vocal against those who would disarm us.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    All communities should look at their ISD PD departments.. ..

I'll be honest. Our is staffed mainly with older (55+) retired officers male and female and all are overweight and out of shape.

Yes they are all nice.....everyone knows them........everyone likes them, blah, blah, blah......

But they are the wrong people for the job..............imho......
    Agreed. At minimum, a SRO should have recent (within 3 years) experience in breaching rooms with SWAT or military. That way, they can provide useful info to responding police and help with a room breach if necessary. The SRO can also assess the facility and help design plans to deal with situations like Uvalde.

That said, if all these accounts of UPD's behavior are true (including UPD officers evacuating their children while preventing parents from doing the same), then a UPD badge won't be worth a bucket of warm spit....

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    When this first happened I thought, "man, the Uvalde ISD chief did a great job". I knew it had to be a very small department & I think I heard they were initially the lead agency.

Boy, was I wrong. What a damn cluster. Worse than a stovepiped 1911. Shameful.

I think the parents who were prevented from entering have a very strong case, civil at least, against the officers. If I were on a jury I would award them the life savings of every officer involved in restraining them.

Heads need to roll.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    When this first happened I thought, "man, the Uvalde ISD chief did a great job". I knew it had to be a very small department & I think I heard they were initially the lead agency.

Boy, was I wrong. What a damn cluster. Worse than a stovepiped 1911. Shameful.

I think the parents who were prevented from entering have a very strong case, civil at least, against the officers. If I were on a jury I would award them the life savings of every officer involved in restraining them.

Heads need to roll.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
    I want to know more about the Uvalde PD "swat" team. Does it exist, if so - how large is it, and where was it?

alwho421

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Bartlett
    more research I do I believe that there is some weird time warp here in America. Is this 2022 or is this 1859? Hard to say, topics are different but politics are the same. Don't worry history does repeat for those that won't learn.

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Live presser

Teacher opened door moments before shooter entered

Cops had key to room did not want to enter/ engage for fear of being shot. Wanted ballistic shields

Cops knew kids were in room still getting shot bleeding out while they waited

Saw the press conf.....

This entire event was a **** show and smells to high heaven.

Top Bottom