• ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Yep.

A new AWB is coming, this time without a sunset. Trump used to be for such a ban so I am just waiting for him to flip on the issue. The wave of wishy washy Republicans folding in his wake will be tremendous. I want to be wrong but I really don't think I am.

When it passes, and this still happens, then what?
    Always wanted to get into lever guns.

But on a serious note, I have no idea. They may pass a ban on selling new “assault rifles”. I would be surprised if they did an outright ban. Not even sure how they would decide to enforce that
    Venture Surplus ad

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Yep.

A new AWB is coming, this time without a sunset. Trump used to be for such a ban so I am just waiting for him to flip on the issue. The wave of wishy washy Republicans folding in his wake will be tremendous. I want to be wrong but I really don't think I am.

When it passes, and this still happens, then what?
    Also with the last AWB did that ban the sale and manufacture of new rifles? Meaning were you able to keep whatever you had before that ban? I was a kid for much of the last one

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    All of the warning signs were there and they want to ban the gun. I went to high school with a kid that murdered my friends sister. Looking back I could see the crazy in his eyes years before. I don't blame the weapon he used, I blame his mental state
    If guns never existed they'd use knives, bombs, bludgeons etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    No, there's not a ban coming.
    Obama couldn't do it after Sandy hook .
    Trump won't even try.

Let's not start another overpriced, self inflicted shortage.

Agreed, though I will say when they get their majorities in both houses and the POTUS, I think we are doomed, when that will happen, who knows, but at some point in the future it will.

Leadslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    el paso texas
    This is another sad day. What has happened in our society? Lack of parenting due to having to work to stay afloat, general lack of respect for life of our young, music , video games, movies ? Who knows. I do know that we need to stop taking money from our schools for quality teaching and programs.
    I don't think the school should raise our children but should provide a decent, safe environment.

Yes we as a people need to get our gov. To give us back funding for quality mental health care.

This is a n difficult pill to swallow and.problem to solve.

It is not the tool but the.peole web who use them.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

mardad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2013
    Nacogdoches
    Someone tries this in ANY Israeli school and they are toast! We need to start guarding our kiddos. We guard our congress, potus, scotus, and our money. Why not the kiddos? Trained, bad-ass formers. I know a bunch that have volunteered and been rejected.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    We can think fat Ted Kennedy for emptying the mental hospitals with the bill he got passed. These are the people we now call "homeless". Its almost impossible now to get a family member committed, thanks to that fat demonCRAP bastard!

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Someone tries this in ANY Israeli school and they are toast! We need to start guarding our kiddos. We guard our congress, potus, scotus, and our money. Why not the kiddos? Trained, bad-ass formers. I know a bunch that have volunteered and been rejected.

In this case, since the copycat school shooter survived, how about a quick trial, and upon conviction, execution within two weeks in a televised, public execution by firing squad?

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    I'll be interested to hear his statement and reasoning along with trial verdict

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    This is another sad day. What has happened in our society? Lack of parenting due to having to work to stay afloat, general lack of respect for life of our young, music , video games, movies ? Who knows. I do know that we need to stop taking money from our schools for quality teaching and programs.
    I don't think the school should raise our children but should provide a decent, safe environment.

Yes we as a people need to get our gov. To give us back funding for quality mental health care.

This is a n difficult pill to swallow and.problem to solve.

It is not the tool but the.peole web who use them.

Schools lost any power to discipline students back around 1970, the schools only recourse is to suspend or remove and hope the parents will deal with it. It was decided that parents should only have that power. Unfortunately, not all children are raised in families that show a strong sense of discipline. Today, with so many single parents or parents that both work, or those that just don't want to have to deal with it, many children are not learning that actions have consequences. Society itself is setting up many kids, by pushing them through schools with very little effort on the students part. Children, more and more these days, become withdrawn due more to what's going on at home, or not going on, that develop who they are.

I don't really have an answer to the problems of today, but I see more and more where children are left to try to develop themselves as a person and it would be difficult, to say the least, to fit in.

Leadslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    el paso texas
    We can think fat Ted Kennedy for emptying the mental hospitals with the bill he got passed. These are the people we now call "homeless". Its almost impossible now to get a family member committed, thanks to that fat demonCRAP bastard!
    Sir please language . You can be critical without being denigrating.

Leadslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    el paso texas
    Schools lost any power to discipline students back around 1970, the schools only recourse is to suspend or remove and hope the parents will deal with it. It was decided that parents should only have that power. Unfortunately, not all children are raised in families that show a strong sense of discipline. Today, with so many single parents or parents that both work, or those that just don't want to have to deal with it, many children are not learning that actions have consequences. Society itself is setting up many kids, by pushing them through schools with very little effort on the students part. Children, more and more these days, become withdrawn due more to what's going on at home, or not going on, that develop who they are.

I don't really have an answer to the problems of today, but I see more and more where children are left to try to develop themselves as a person and it would be difficult, to say the least, to fit in.
    Here here!!!

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

That needed to happen. There were many people locked up for no good reason. The ability to have a person committed for the only reason is that you had the money and influence to make it happen? That is slavery.

The way now is not perfect, but there are ways to get people put away, but when it happens, they need / deserve for it to happen.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

Given that this mass murderer/MONSTER had made several terroristic threats to be a "professional school shooter", a "mass killer" & reportedly said that he was going to "go shoot people" at his old HS. too.
    (Here in TX, making a terroristic threat can be a felony.)

What MORE do we have to know to "sit this creep down" with LE & find out if he's just a BIGMOUTH and/or a CLEAR DANGER to others.

yours, satx

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    Then deal with it, Deemus. The crazy bastids you call homeless are the very ones fat Ted let loose, to become societies at large problem. And Ted Kennedy never did ANYTHING that didn't somehow benefit HIS fat ass!

Top Bottom