Address change for CHL

Discussion in 'Texas Concealed Handgun (CHL)' started by bonehead1185, Feb 19, 2009.

  1. bonehead1185

    bonehead1185 Member

    Hello everyone. My question is concerning the address change on my CHL. It shows my current address while I am here at school but come July I will be moving to another set of apartments.

    I know I have to notify them about the change but I need everyone's advice on what address I should put as my new one. The reason I ask that is because the new apartments I will be going to I will only be there for 6 months, until the end of the year, and after that moving back home with my girlfriend into our place there.

    Should I change the CHL address twice and pay the fees twice or just use the address for back home, which is basically my permanent address (where my credit card statements and other mail is delivered to). Thanks for any advice you can give me!

  2. wayneside

    wayneside Member

    Feb 14, 2009
    When I was in college...I was in a different city in an apartment and used my parents address as my permanent address. I would do the same but confirm with the local DPS office that it would be the correct procedure.
  3. DoubleActionCHL

    DoubleActionCHL Well-Known

    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    What address is, or will be, on your Texas Driver License? Your TDL and CHL need to show the same address.
  4. bonehead1185

    bonehead1185 Member

    I plan to change them both, DL and CHL, to the address back home with the girlfriend.
  5. bonehead1185

    bonehead1185 Member

    Well thanks for the input but now it turns out that I will be able to graduate earlier than expected! Instead of a December graduation it will be an August one and my current apartments will let me go month to month after my lease expires, a whole 2 months. I'm so excited and ready to be done with school for awhile!

Share This Page