• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    MK, I see that crap a lot on a few local social media outlets.

"This is not normal to me. Should I call the law?" How about no. How about you mind your own business if it isn't hurting anything.

It can be entertaining to mess with those people though.

Is he really fishing...

I have seen this a lot recently. It's like folks can no longer tell what people are doing or if something is real. I blame TV. I have been asked if fire is real. It's hot isn't it? If my blue spotted dog was really a tiger. Or if my pet ferret was a lizard. It has hair! Well, dinosaurs probably had hair. Wait, you know about the theory that dinosaurs had "feathers" but you can't identify a mammal?

Kudos on using the pond. Fishing is a great way to relax.

You should see the Facebook group for my neighborhood. "I heard a loud noise, I have no idea what it was but I KNOW it's gunfire!" all the damned time. Irony? You can stand outside and hear gunfire from the Hot Wells Shooting Range, but never a peep about that. If they see a kid, he's up to no good. If they see a car driving slow, it's someone casing the neighborhood. I never thought 'driving while black' was really a thing until I saw a woman post on FB about how she called the cops on a couple guys driving through the neighborhood in a truck, with a trailer full of mulch. I've had those guys mulch my yard, they're not at all sketchy. That's not to say we don't have riff raff, kids do tear stuff up because these same parents are too busy posting instead of parenting, but I digress.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    If you want to have some fun go to the local Chinese or Hispanic grocery store and buy about 6 chicken feet. Tie a tiny piece of evergreen or holly to each of them with something like a piece of copper wire, string or black ribbon. You want something golf ball sized that you can pitch out of your car onto someone's driveway.
    Pitch them out at random over the next few weeks. Or pitch them all out at midnight March 19th on the spring equinox (solstice).

That will give them something to talk about.

Extra points for making a small scroll with either Viking runes or Chinese characters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Caught this monster about 6:00 last night. The girls assisted in the catch and wanted part of thier 15 minutes of fame.

Probably the closest I'll get to anything like The BASS Masters.

4e403fcc8178470d2f18175e9a28e4a3.jpg

Longhorn1986

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2016
    Fort Bend County
    I take my 3 wt & occasionally, my 5 wt fly rods to the local pond in our subdivision. Great way to relax after a day at the office. A black, white or olive woolly bugger is a great go-to fly for these areas. You'll find most subdivision ponds have perch, bass and catfish in them. Also, for a change of pace, Mason Creek there in Katy is not a bad spot as well.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Caught this monster about 6:00 last night. The girls assisted in the catch and wanted part of thier 15 minutes of fame.

Garmin sponsorship deal.

NICE!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.

Better than BASSMASTERS!
    Years from now that picture will be worth millions to you.

Congrats on your catch and thanks for posting pics.

Panther Martin is the name of the lure company that makes the little spinner lures I mentioned in earlier post.
    Academy has a huge selection.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Better than BASSMASTERS!
    Years from now that picture will be worth millions to you.

Congrats on your catch and thanks for posting pics.

Panther Martin is the name of the lure company that makes the little spinner lures I mentioned in earlier post.
    Academy has a huge selection.
    Too true.

Problem with Academy is I work for Bass Pro at the moment. Hard to beat the employee discounts.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Thanks to all for the great tips so far.

If you run by Temple. There's a private lake behind the VA hospital. I'd say about 10 acres. They named it Travis lake. The feds pay Texas to stock the pond. I've personally seen a 5# big mouth pulled out there. You could stick a balled up first in its mouth and barely touch the sides.

No licence required or VA card. There's no game warden. VA cops might drive around the lake. It's only open when the sun is up. Pretty early like 5:30am. Closes around 8:30pm. If the sun is setting by then.

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    It is supposed to be for VA patients but they will generally let you fish. I release everything anyway so they used to let me fish when I took my son to the Hospital. Nicecatfish and bluegill too.

from an idgit coffeeholic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    It is supposed to be for VA patients but they will generally let you fish. I release everything anyway so they used to let me fish when I took my son to the Hospital. Nice catfish and bluegill too.

from an idgit coffeeholic

+1 on that. Especially in the late evening. Clean and healthy too.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    At it again for a while this late afternoon.

683300d2e95b1738356063d066639c75.jpg

Daughter had a monster on the line but he shook loose 8 feet from the bank

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Standard Texas bass getter for the 60 years I've been fishing Texas stock tanks:
    ... yellow "Shyster " with black spots.

Moonpie also nailed it, re: grasshoppers, especially in the summer.
    Easiest way to catch a Texas grasshopper ... with an old fashion broom.
    Just lay the broom on grasshopper to hold him down until you can grab him for the hook.

Also, real Texas fun, bass fishing with a fly rod and popping bug ...

Top Bottom