• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BIGCOUNTRY01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Amarillo
    I bet they wouldnt be too bad in Chili. Ive ate a lot of weird stuff. My grandma used to kill raccoons on here back porch and would take them inside and cook them up it was actually pretty tasty. Let us know how they taste.
    DK Firearms

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I am guessing in most of those recipes you could replace the nutria with a turd and not notice the difference. If there is more weight in spices than meat I don't think that makes it a good use for that meat.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Wish we had Patagonian Mara here in the US. While I was in Argentina they'd bring back a pickup truck full of them after hunting.
    Dolichotis_patagonum_-Temaiken_Zoo-8a-1c.jpg

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    LoL you cant be serious! really? mustve beent eh size of a 4th grader! geeze

we have a bunch down here in teh New Braunfels area, but i dont think the city would like me blasting away in Landa Park.

HAH
    They will follow you around in Landa park wanting you to feed them. Just like the ducks and geese. Those animals are not afraid of anybody there.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    ^^ omg thats awesome. i didnt read the rest of the thread, but posted that directly after lookinga t the picture.

heh. nice. and nobody wants to try a nutria?

ok ok fine. how many squirrels do you think you could eat in a sitting then?

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    also, how hard is it to go hunting in argentina?

would be fun to have a wild tropical environment to go walk around witha .22

my dream is to walk around witha .22 in the rainforest. with a portable charcoal grill. and just sample :)

from wiki --

In addition a male will stand his hind legs and urinate on a female’s rump to which the female will respond by spraying a jet of urine backwards into the face of the male.[9] The male’s urination is met to repel other males from his partner while the female’s urination is a rejection of any approaching male when she is not respective.[9] Both anal digging and urination are more frequent during the breeding season and are more commonly done by males.[12]

jtriron

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    HoustonTexas
    Ok so i saw a few recipes online for Nutria.
    you know? those big fat ugly as sin rat looking varmints that are good fro nothing but destabilizing river or creek banks, destroying vegetation and biting your kids at the park?

welllll......

apparently they are good for chillie to. i asked some of my freinds if they where in, and they all said Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

so i guess im eating alone. but where to find some of these little buggers?
    anybody have a clue?
    or better yet, anyone have a nutria problem?
    hehe i dont think anyone on this aprticualr forum weould have a nuttria problem for long but its worth a shot so to speak.
    ;)
    oh and also tips for curing their skins/furs as i plan on making some wintergear as well as some some stew chillie and sausage.

I sincerely hope you have a good health insurance plan, and some life insurance as well.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom