• ...and so much more!
  • Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Beretta px4 compact? Might be a bit on the large side, and is DA/SA, but has ambi controls, and is hammer fired. Looking for a fully ambi gun, especially hammer fired isn't going to net you many options. The s&w ez is an option if you can live without a ambi slide stop

Im not sure how exactly she is getting distracted by ejected cases, ejection on handguns is typically very fast. Is she getting brass to the face?
    Just on the driver thru passenger window and close quarter 2-4 0clocks
    DK Firearms

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    No worries, I’m here lol.

I like a Glock 43X. Have her hold the 43, it’s nice and slim. Advice i always have heard is have her grip lots of guns and see which one makes the angels sing.

You can choose to move the mag release over if you want, to the right side. I didn’t bother for my newest Glock. I have made it a point of reaching over with the pointer finger of my right hand and depressing the mag release.

I made a thread about that idea a while back. I can search for it.
    Thanks well check it out

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Gen 5 Glocks have the slide stop on both sides now. Berettas are mostly ambi. Some of the Smith 59 series are ambi as far as the safety. I wouldn't worry to much about finding her something ambidextrous. Left handers adapt and overcome. Just like everything else made in this world.

Unrelated to the topic, but left handers are the most discriminated against group of all time. One day we have to get a movement going. LHLM!

Last edited:

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I have issues with any 1911 due to the fact I'm left handed.
    I cause it to jam due to hitting the button on the right side of the slide, pushing the take down lever over.
    giphy.gif

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    I have rented this at the range and absolutely love it. Much easier to rack than my 9mm of the same brand. Since you mentioned safety lever, this has a thumb lever on both sides. I'm getting one for my wife for Christmas. She is knew at semis and her trainer has her using a Glock 44 (22 LR) and she too is distracted by the ejected rounds but gets used to it. She is right handed and that distraction can happen from either side. She had a hot ejected brass hit her neck and burned leaving a small mark and thankfully didn't go down further. Price is competitive.

Last edited:

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Brass will hit ya. Don’t dress cute (low cut shirt) or the brass will take a little adventure all down your cleavage.

Ask me how I know. There IS a protocol for fishing hot brass out of your bra

Look at that beautiful trigger finger discipline under diress.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Brass will hit ya. Don’t dress cute (low cut shirt) or the brass will take a little adventure all down your cleavage.

Ask me how I know. There IS a protocol for fishing hot brass out of your bra

Look at that beautiful trigger finger discipline under diress.

First time I saw the brass dance, it was a guy with a V-neck shirt. Same rules apply to all sexes.....even the 4-star ones....

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    For hammer fired and ambi, I would say a Bersa TPR series. If .380 and hammer fired, a Bersa Thunder or CZ 83. The latter will be harder to find as they no longer being made. Kahr is an option, as is the Smith EZ series. The G43X or G43X MOS would most likely work better than some. Even the G42 might work. Keeping in mind that the polymer and small combination often ends with a snappier pistol. IIRC some of the Canik offerings are supposed to be full ambi.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    For hammer fired and ambi, I would say a Bersa TPR series. If .380 and hammer fired, a Bersa Thunder or CZ 83. The latter will be harder to find as they no longer being made. Kahr is an option, as is the Smith EZ series. The G43X or G43X MOS would most likely work better than some. Even the G42 might work. Keeping in mind that the polymer and small combination often ends with a snappier pistol. IIRC some of the Canik offerings are supposed to be full ambi.
    Thanks, lots of options presented here that I would not have found on my own.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Gen 5 Glocks have the slide stop on both sides now. Berettas are mostly ambi. Some of the Smith 59 series are ambi as far as the safety. I wouldn't worry to much about finding her something ambidextrous. Left handers adapt and overcome. Just like everything else made in this world.

Unrelated to the topic, but left handers are the most discriminated against group of all time. One day we have to get a movement going. LHLM!
    Thank you

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    Is she right or left eye dominant? That can make a huge difference. I'm left-handed with dominant right eye and it was natural for me to shoot right handed. If she happens to be right eye dominant, changing her to a right hand shooter probably won't be difficult, and may feel more natural to her. FWIW, I've seen very few left-handed people who also had dominant left eye, but that's just my experience.
    I was about to say the same thing; I'm left handed but right eye dominant. It was pretty easy for me to make the switch.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Some pistols eject at a higher trajectory than others

If in a car, brass is going to get bounced all over the place, and if shooting from retention, you will be so close to the gun anyways it won't matter

And personally, once shooting from retention or inside tight spaces, I've found guns with more typical ejection far more forgiving in unconventional positions.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    If in a car, brass is going to get bounced all over the place, and if shooting from retention, you will be so close to the gun anyways it won't matter

And personally, once shooting from retention or inside tight spaces, I've found guns with more typical ejection far more forgiving in unconventional positions.
    Excuse me.are you attempting to bring logic and reason into a discussion about the preferences of a woman..and a teenager ?;)

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Whatever y'all decide let her pick it out! After first getting married I bought the wife a purse with an easy access compartment for a pistol. I did lots of shopping for it & it was not cheap. She hated it!!! Didn't like the way it looked & didn't go with anything she wore, was her excuse. She was carrying a S&W model 36 with 2 inch barrel just in her purse with all that crap women thing they need. The gun was constantly packed with lint & other bottom of the purse debris,

Top Bottom