Capitol Armory ad

After being robbed at gunpoint, while carrying, what can you do?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    **** that!
    Is it worth dying for a $50 DVD player?
    No? Then don't steal.

Tapatalk sent it.

I think you are letting the ease of writing on the internet overrun you common sense.

Are you willing to spend over $10k in legal fees and risk prison over that? Do you really think a life is worth that?

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I think you are letting the ease of writing on the internet overrun you common sense.

Are you willing to spend over $10k in legal fees and risk prison over that? Do you really think a life is worth that?

The value of life is in the hands of the POS that decided his target's life is worth a DVD player. He set the table stakes.
    You make big boy decisions, you get to play by the big boy rules.

I've been held at gun point, so I am keenly aware of the mental bullshit my wife and I had to work through.

I know you're wanting to hear common sense and moral high ground, but right now.....I just ain't feeling it.

I think it's a shame that we've been programmed to accept a theft because it's not that expensive to replace the item.

One place I agree with the Muslims is the chopping off of a hand for theft.

Tapatalk sent it.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    The value of life is in the hands of the POS that decided his target's life is worth a DVD player. He set the table stakes.
    You make big boy decisions, you get to play by the big boy rules.

I've been held at gun point, so I am keenly aware of the mental bullshit my wife and I had to work through.

I know you're wanting to hear common sense and moral high ground, but right now.....I just ain't feeling it.

I think it's a shame that we've been programmed to accept a theft because it's not that expensive to replace the item.

One place I agree with the Muslims is the chopping off of a hand for theft.

Tapatalk sent it.

You are just talking smack. Hope it helps you in some way.

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Granbury, TX "South Ft.Worth"
    another philosopy I do have is YOU LET SOMEONE get away with say a simply carjacking and do nothing. next week they break into your car and are stealing your shit in front of your house. IF THEY keep noticing people are easy bait hell they may make a life career out of this. Not you through some shots at that fucker and he may think of a career choice. I can honeslty say if someones breaking into my car I beileve without being in this situation I would utilze my firearm. All these legal fees you speak of means nothing because you wouldnt be charge with something like that so no attorrney is needed and the police may be thanking for you for your actions.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009

there are plenty of lives that together arent worth a busted ass VHS tape. let alone a dvd player.

but those guys already the subject of numerous other threads.

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    tired of hearing all this 10K plus defense for a legal shooting. You think really if someone is raping your wife when you get home and you shoot the fer that your going to jail or ever seek charges. HELL NO. so that goes out the window man. geez.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    tired of hearing all this 10K plus defense for a legal shooting. You think really if someone is raping your wife when you get home and you shoot the fer that your going to jail or ever seek charges. HELL NO. so that goes out the window man. geez.

Raping my girlfriend, I wouldn't hesitate. Stealing an insured piece of property worth less than $500, maybe another story.

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Raping my girlfriend, I wouldn't hesitate. Stealing an insured piece of property worth less than $500, maybe another story.

for sure. Both scenrios legal right. Eyes of the law no one will be charged. I understand not taking minimal things turning them into bigger by shooting but damn, use some common sense and 10K is a overstatement anyways IMO.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Yes and no... As an attorney, I can tell you this. Whether it was justified or not, you are going to want to have an attorney present with you when you make your statement to police. You are going to want to have an attorney be your "point man" with the police/DA until it's finally decided its a "justified" homicide. Since it seems most of these go to a Grand Jury, justified or not, then you will definitely want an attorney for that. Is 10k that far fetched in that situation? Absolutely not. At $300 hour, I could easily see an attorney working 33 hours(10k) worth of work to handle the items mentioned above.

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Kinda bro. They ask questions. I shot beacuse I was in fear for my life. Anything after that, I respect your questions but I need a attorney present before we continue. THey can no longer ask you anything else. If they have nothing else then he says go home and you MAY get a call from a detective working the case. No need to run out and get a attorney until you have been arrested. Even after that no need until you have been Indited. You can be arrested and never be charged with the crime.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

Pay attention. No one said anything about protecting persons. Nicec try at hyperbole.

Top Bottom