Aiming is Useless!

Discussion in 'Video How-To's and Tutorials' started by majormadmax, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Rebel

Rebel TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Aug 20, 2014
    If you're having fun, you're probably not being safe. And if you're aiming, you aren't going to hit what you're shooting at.

Just how many people have you killed on the range, Robert?

2. Shady

Shady Well-Known

Aug 24, 2013
    One big point is this is aimed at very new shooters. And is pointing them at its more important to hold the gun still than to aim in close quarters. If someone is 10Ft from you do you really need to take it slow and line up everything to hit center mass if you hold the gun still nope. If you dont aim will you hit the second button down dead center nope but in self defense if you hit within a 6-8 inch circle of that button you have a very high chance of stopping the threat.

3. Southpaw

Southpaw Sucker MC TGT Supporter

Mar 30, 2009
    Cibolo
    Aiming is useless? Tell that to any mother raising a boy or few. :p

4. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Why is there a period between "repeatedly" and "In"?

5. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Maybe it's the "upstroke".

6. Jakashh

Jakashh TGT Addict

Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Seen those videos a few months ago, tried it out a bit. Seemed to work for just scoring hits, but if I want tight groups, I'm gonna keep focusing on the front sight and not the target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. TheDan

TheDan DEPLORABLE TGT Supporter

Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Yep. I completely understand what he's saying about aiming, but being consistent in your presentation is just as important. He keeps saying not moving the gun out of alignment is most important, but isn't addressing how to get aligned in the first place.

8. lmao

lmao New Member

Apr 9, 2017
    the only times I've had to fire (attacking dogs) i distinctly remember sighting, cause I knew that a head shot was necessary (ie, .22lr)