• ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    :cowboy:

Ok, I really have no idea what putting in the mechanical bull would do to the thread, but I really wanted to use it somewhere.

If the OP was going for some deep thought into the muzzle direction of a holstered firearm....not even worth overthinking. But if you go there, might as well do that for driving, swimming, drinking, walking, waking, eating, flying....ie, living.

Everything has a risk. Follow the rules, mitigate risk factors, get training, use your brain and all those other good pieces of advice.

StevenC.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    San Antonio
    I carry 3 O'clock OWB...rarely ( if ever), is it pointed at me or anyone else..........

Unless of course, I'm standing on their chest......

What this guy said.

If you point a gun at yourself your being unsafe. End of the discussion from my perspective. Arguments to the contrary are just exercises in mental gymnastics.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    What this guy said.

If you point a gun at yourself your being unsafe. End of the discussion from my perspective. Arguments to the contrary are just exercises in mental gymnastics.

"whatever I say is fact, and anyone who disagrees is stupid. " lol

Define "pointing a gun at yourself".

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Define "pointing a gun at yourself".

Watch the OP's video and decide for yourself if pointing a loaded pistol at your hand for a full minute is a smart idea...

Usually such genius ends up like this...

c2c0118761527782e19e502bf9da392a.jpg

But, in the words of Forest Gump...stupid is as stupid does!

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Watch the OP's video and decide for yourself if pointing a loaded pistol at your hand for a full minute is a smart idea...

How does that answer my question?

Much of this thread is about HOLSTERED WEAPONS....

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I really didn't know what the fuss was about until I watched the video a few days ago. The after-the-fact realization that he had been holding the firearm in something close to a shooting grip with his other hand (sometimes an individual finger) in front of the muzzle was a real "Oh, shit!" moment for me.

I have no problem with folks who live by a mantra that unloaded guns are useful only as clubs and, therefore, they choose to keep all their guns loaded all the time. However, if you have that attitude and you make a youtube video, the first step in the video is to briefly reference your attitude about keeping guns loaded and then demonstrate how to clear that firearm.

I don't know WTK personally. I do know that it's way too easy to make errors when writing a script for a youtube video. If you just "wing it" (which seems to be happening here), it's easy to do things out of order. In this case, for example, if he were showing me this information in person, I feel sure the first thing he would have done would be to clear the pistol.

But he really got his script out of order when making that video. I won't generally condemn him for it. Even Jeff Cooper pointed guns at people for the purposes of photography and wrote about how it made him feel uneasy. Sometimes things just get weird when a camera is involved and rehearsals are neglected.

Bottom line, though, it was not fun to watch. I haven't followed WTK closely to see if he's said his mea culpas. I hope he has done so and learned something about making videos. In that case, I'm certainly willing to give the guy another chance.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    How does that answer my question?
    What question did you want answered? You didn't ask one. You posted an imperative sentence (Define "pointing a gun at yourself".) but prior to post #48, you asked no questions in this thread.

WTK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2015
    Georgetown, TX

So you agree with the libs "guns are dangerous machines"

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Sounds like these devices are generally unsafe and the public would be better off if they were banned.
    After this amount of time, you've decided to resurrect this thread with simultaneously bad and sad sarcasm? Is that really the way you think this is best played?

I'm surprised. Bold move, there, and more power to you if you prevail in changing minds with that strategy.

Apart from all other considerations, though, I honestly salute your perseverance.

Top Bottom