• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Used to get a kick out of a dear young Desert Storm Vet Jyrene pal tell stories of that war and when he went to the Airman’s club to have a weak beer or two. He said they were drinking out of crystal goblets and sitting in comfy captain chairs with rollers on bottom He say at the Jyrene enlisted club all the chairs were bolted to the floor and they drank from Dixie Cups. It didn’t sound very fair.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ... He say at the Jyrene enlisted club all the chairs were bolted to the floor and they drank from Dixie Cups. It didn’t sound very fair.

Your buddies are full of it. I’ve never been to a Marine bar that had seats, bolted down or otherwise.

In fact, I’ve never been in a Marine bar where anything could be used as a weapon in a bar fight.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Are you being obtuse or do you really not know?
    You are an “investigator” and couldn’t figure out what I meant?
    Or maybe you are the obtuse one?

I hear this argument all of the time that police departments get Glocks dirt cheap so thats why so many police departments go with Glock.

I reject that and expose the flawed thinking by asking a provocative question : “If price were the only thing considered why don’t they choose Hi Points?”

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    You are an “investigator” and couldn’t figure out what I meant?
    Or maybe you are the obtuse one?

I hear this argument all of the time that police departments get Glocks dirt cheap so thats why so many police departments go with Glock.

I reject that and expose the flawed thinking by asking a provocative question : “If price were the only thing considered why don’t they choose Hi Points?”
    So you still haven't answered the question.

You have never heard of RFP and minimum specificatios, followed by testing?

The only flawed thinking is any that believes that there is no procurement process.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013

The only flawed thinking is any that believes that there is no procurement process.

Yes. I know about the process an agency goes through to select a duty weapon.

Again....that is WHY I ask the question in the first place, to bring about the conversation with the person who makes those silly statements about price being the only consideration.

He didn’t take the bait, but you did.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Well think some small town politicians are smarter than others. The little hick town where I worked had everybody with Sigs and the little millennial titty babies nagged cause of the first hard trigger pull so they decided to let everybody who wanted to turn in the Sigs for Glocks and most likely sold the Sigs to pay for the Glocks. They seem dependable in all the mass murders I have heard about. So everybody is happy campers.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Well think some small town politicians are smarter than others. The little hick town where I worked had everybody with Sigs and the little millennial titty babies nagged cause of the first hard trigger pull so they decided to let everybody who wanted to turn in the Sigs for Glocks and most likely sold the Sigs to pay for the Glocks. They seem dependable in all the mass murders I have heard about. So everybody is happy campers.
    You're not related to a guy named Sloppy that used to be on the forum, are ya?

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Dumpster-Fire-1.jpg

Attachments

• Dumpster-Fire-1.jpg
      Dumpster-Fire-1.jpg
      37.1 KB · Views: 431

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    You're not related to a guy named Sloppy that used to be on the forum, are ya?
    No. But think I got kicked off here a few years back. Some dummy asked how to build a ho made silencer and I told him how the Bandido hit squads do it. They said I was dispensing illegal advice seems like.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

And it is equally flawed to think that the best weapon ends up being the one purchased for the department.

Glock and S&W are both known for their "incentives" to get agencies to purchase their wares. In fact, in some cases they practically give them away to larger departments to demonstrate how "loved" their firearms are.

I know for a fact that the current sidearm of a large police department in Texas wasn't the one that came out on top of the tests, but there was "pressure" to select from from a particular manufacturer.

If HiPoint had the lobbying and marketing that some of the major manufacturers do, there would probably be agencies carrying them...

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I know how my agency got stuff. They decided what they wanted and wrote a proposal that only the desired object could meet and pretended it was fair. We supplied our own guns. The only rules were caliber and barrel length and of quality manufacture. But if you showed up with a Hi Point you would be taken aside and had things explained to you.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Another way to control things was a later rule that your gun had to fit into a Safariland SS3 holster. I liked that one cause it meant that quality holster was provided equipment

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    And it is equally flawed to think that the best weapon ends up being the one purchased for the department.

Glock and S&W are both known for their "incentives" to get agencies to purchase their wares. In fact, in some cases they practically give them away to larger departments to demonstrate how "loved" their firearms are.

I know for a fact that the current sidearm of a large police department in Texas wasn't the one that came out on top of the tests, but there was "pressure" to select from from a particular manufacturer.

If HiPoint had the lobbying and marketing that some of the major manufacturers do, there would probably be agencies carrying them...
    Highly astute observation Sir. I can’t envision any head cheefy weefy wanting his little chillins to be carrying nothing but the best hardware and or plastic available. They are usually pretty paternal toward their subordinates. It quasi military they say.

Old_Inspector

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Spring, Texas
    So the Air Force also adopts a version of the SIG Sauer P320. The big advantage is SIG quality and lighter weight (over the Beretta P9) combined with a lot of bullets in the magazine (hopefully, many of them hit their intended target). I like the polymer-framed pistols, and appreciate their light weight and durability, even if I carry aluminum framed pistols; but I admit that I am old-fashioned and have been a SIG Sauer fan for over 35 years, since my 1st P226.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Gotcha. Big Sig fan here too. Only have one old P226 which has been lugged around for long enough for the radioactive night sites to glow dimly. Never found any reason not to love it a long time GI. If it pukes I will surely notify the house mouse to tell Santa I need another lol

Top Bottom