• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    I just got an email from CTD on mags are in stock .
    Checked out some 20 rd. Hungarian like new and almost almost hit the floor ,
    for 1 mag they want 69.00 dollars the same ones I got last year from a different dealer
    for 9.95 each with a pouch.
    CTD is not cheap .
    Texas SOT

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Just Flock them with a double dose of scat.

They pulled the same back in '08. Thousands of customers never got the wiser.

I told them to stop sending me catalogs in the mail in '09.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Many people are boycotting Dumber Than Dirt and for good reason...

I still get their catalog so I can toss it straight into the recycling bin (yeah, I'm a greenie!). I like the thought of them wasting the cost of printing and sending it to me better than simply asking them to quit sending it!

Cheers! M2

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Little gun shop on 28th street in Fort Worth has some AK mags didn't look at the price but they had them they have been there for years just a heads up.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Spring Guns and Ammo has AK mags for $30 and AR15 mags for $40. Saw them on the shelves today.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I saw an GI AR mag for $129 on CTD's site yesterday. I am all for capitalism, but I am not for being insulted. It will be a cold, cold day in Hell before those pirates ever seen a dime from me.

The sad thing is that someone will pay that much, but as has been said, thet are usally greenhorns who have no idea or are in such a panic, don't care.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    CTD is certainly not making any friends. They seem to forget that gun owners have a long memory for those that screw them over, take advantage of them, trample on their freedoms, or all other manner of things.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    SOME do, Travis - others, not so much.....remember there have been several strings where past gouging on the part of retailers have been discussed, and many here proclaimed that since their current prices were "competitive", they were going to go ahead and buy from them. Me, I don't - and CTD has been on my "no buy" list since '08.

camd64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    cedar park
    Being fairly new to shooting I knew nothing of their past, but now that they pulled this B.S. they won't get another dime. Watching ammo prices double or even more and mags going for 5 to 6 times what they should is ridiculous.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I like steel AK mags. Sure, they weigh about a pound unloaded, but you can use them as a bottle opener, and if your AK runs out of ammo, you can beat someone do death with the empty magazine (it's a much more effective weapon than the bayonet).

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I like steel AK mags. Sure, they weigh about a pound unloaded, but you can use them as a bottle opener, and if your AK runs out of ammo, you can beat someone do death with the empty magazine (it's a much more effective weapon than the bayonet).

If you have ever heard the command "Fix Bayonets" it will send a shiver up and down your spine. It tells your people that the fight is going to get ugly -- up close and personal. Never underestimate the power of the bayonet to motivate troops to make every round count ... before the enemy breaches the wire.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Your using your bayonet wrong.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    AK bayonets are a POS. I've got a few around here somewhere. The steel's so cheap they won't even take an edge. All for show.

I was thinking M16......

Even then they are more for stabbing and not so much for slashing.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I was thinking M16......

Even then they are more for stabbing and not so much for slashing.

Right, that's the nature of a bayonet. They're spring steel (except the AK bayonets, they're very cheap steel) and don't typically hold an edge that well, never have much belly, etc. But the AK bayonet won't even actually take an edge. The steel is extremely soft, but as cheap as the steel obviously is, I'm not sure if it would fold before it broke...

Top Bottom