• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I was always told the Chinese went with the spike bayonets to prevent them from getting stuck in bone and breaking.

Not sure if its true but it wouldn't feel good. The m16 bayonets I found to be useful in a lot if ways outside the single bayonet purpose, they did a descent job of combining several tools in to one package.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    A bayonets primary function is to poke not cut, cutting is a secondary function. My ak bayonet didn't even have an edge on it from factory.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    One trip through a bayonet course (like those we qualified with in the Army) and it quickly becomes clear that a fixed bayonet is a super effective jabbing weapon. Using the weight of the rifle it's attached to alone with very little muscle action a spike bayonet will penetrate a flack jacket and completely through a human torso.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I was always told the Chinese went with the spike bayonets to prevent them from getting stuck in bone and breaking.

Not sure if its true but it wouldn't feel good. The m16 bayonets I found to be useful in a lot if ways outside the single bayonet purpose, they did a descent job of combining several tools in to one package.

Spikes are just easier to push through stuff, I doubt they're less likely to get stuck. The main issue is that there isn't really anything else you can use them for. They can't open your rations or cut rope...

A bayonets primary function is to poke not cut, cutting is a secondary function. My ak bayonet didn't even have an edge on it from factory.

The ones I have all had a bevel like they were meant to be sharp. Took some stones to one just to see... cheap steel is cheap.

Top Bottom