Gun Zone Deals

AK47 prices have dropped a bit, what to buy....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    them Tapco poly mags are perty good as well.......usually around $10 at the SAXET gun show

Agreed, I use them at the range all the time and have never had a problem with them. Not once. Well, there was an issue once; but that was user error. I loaded 31 rounds into one once, and the rifle wouldn't cycle because of it. :D

Took me awhile to figure it out, but the first thing you do with that kind of problem is swap mags. Once I did that and it worked, I couldn't figure out the problem until I unloaded the mag. Then it dawned on me... :)

I wouldn't use them in a true SHTF situation; but for general shooting purposes they are good magazines. Them and the G2 triggers are the two TAPCO AK products that stand the test of time. Everything else is crap.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I have 2 tapco mags. They worked after I trimmed down some edges where they would fit. They fit tight and right now with no wiggle. Performed flawlessly afterward. They feel and work solid.

Does anyone run mags made the same country as your AK? Bulgarian with Bulgarian circle 10 mags fit perfect with no wiggle. I want some plum ones for some color.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    CLARKE.....seriously man, I just need to know what kind of AK mags to get! Don't leave me hangin!

Depends upon what AK you have. I found out the hard way that any ole' AK mag will NOT fit any ole' AK. I was told a few times that it didn't matter but not true. My Npap uses the BHO metal mags so I bought the Croatain knockoffs which work great. A few of them needed to be filed to get them to lock in easier but they all fit and worked as advertised. I like the Combloc metal mags since they will take more abuse on the locking tabs and feed lips. Haven't tried the Magpul mags but may in the future.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Steel ftw. Order a bunch to sort out the ones that actually work, then you're set for life.

Had a steel mag that didn't seat past 26 rds. Came from century with a WASR I got.

Top Bottom