• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • espy59lc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    Saw this yesterday off of 1604/Lockhill Selma. Read they just opened up last week. Anyone been in there to check it out? Or heard of them before, I read they were moving to this new location, so they obviously were set up somewhere else before.
    Hurley's Gold

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    As I stated in the previous thread, they didn't have much in their old location; so I would be skeptical if it's any better in their new one.

I'd mosey on over to Top Brass on IH-10 (across from Heubner Oaks Mall) and bask in their wide selection. It's a lot better...

Cheers! M2

t-rav06

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    I visited the previous location off 35, there were days I went in and they were very professional and informational, and others they were rude and very distracted with their company emails or cell phones to sustain customer attention.

FN_TX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    San Antonio
    Alamo's old location wasn't really set up for a "Retail" Space. I like their new location better, they are still getting their inventory in but it looks way better than before IMO

Patrón

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    San Antonio
    Alamo's old location wasn't really set up for a "Retail" Space. I like their new location better, they are still getting their inventory in but it looks way better than before IMO
    They're selling a sig 1911 scorpion for 1,150, I got mine at Sat.'s show for 950. They're selling a wilson combat for 500 more than I paid for mine three days ago. I had to pay some ffl and shipping fees but was worth the 500 savings.

FN_TX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    San Antonio
    They have to pay rent you know.. Usual mark up for storefront vs gun shows.. Not really surprised. I get my L5 Mags there not bad for 15 bucks

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Their original location was destined to fail.

No direct access from I-35 in either direction, unless you know the area intimately.

Hidden away in a relatively new business pad, they did not even have a sign large enough to be seen from the Interstate.

Quit advertising on local radio over a year ago.

Wish them well.

Brick & Mortar stores DO NOT have to sell their wares at prices far higher than at trade shows.

They can compete on volume every day, not two days a month at the gun show.

Customer service here and right now, with an attractive price will beat the internet and gun shows every time.

I'm thinking of opening an establishment to sell guns, booze, and loose women: "Guns, Grog, Garters, and Gash."

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    It's terribly unfortunate that someone was shot breaking up a fight in their parking lot yesterday.
    At least their storefront wasn't in the newsy video.

SS

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It's terribly unfortunate that someone was shot breaking up a fight in their parking lot yesterday.
    At least their storefront wasn't in the newsy video.

SS

That's bullshit, it had nothing to do with the shop and it wasn't even open at the time!

Another shooting outside of the Wish Nightclub, located on the 4500 block of North Loop 1604, left one man critically injured, police said. A San Antonio Police Department spokesman said officers responded at 2:50 a.m. to reports of a shooting, but he had no further details.

As for this new location, I see advantages and disadvantages. For one it is more accessible than their old location on IH-35 near Ft Sam. Secondly, being close to Camp Bullis will help.

That said, with Top Brass, Bass Pro Shop and Academy so close by (a few miles away), they've got some serious competition. I also see where Alamo Tactical is closed on Sundays, considering a lot of people like to shoot on the weekend and there are ranges nearby (Bass Pro has an indoor range, and Bullis has one open for DoD ID card holders), they are losing business by being closed that day.

I plan to swing by soon and check out their new location, I wasn't impressed with their old shop and hope this new store allows them to be more competitive in the tactical market.

Cheers! M2

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Here's the rest of the story...

KSAT reported that the shooting occurred after a man tried to stop another man who was driving erratically. The driver then hit the man who stopped him, who then responded by shooting the man in the face. The station added that the driver had been taken to the San Antonio Military Medical Center in critical condition.

It'll be interesting to see what charges, if any, are fired against these two individuals.

But I drove by that strip mall on my way home from the range and learned that Alamo Ammo is not only on the second floor, but you have to go to the rear of the building to find the stairs up to it. So how this incident and the shop have any connection, I don't know.

By the way, if anyone does go there, park around back towards the west end of the building, there are stairs there that take you right up to the store. If you park on the side facing 1604, you have to go through the middle of the building then up some stairs and to the end to get to the shop.

Cheers! M2

KaliJuan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    San Antonio
    I went by there the other day, like I said, I have had some not so grand experiences in working with the owner, they have some decent stuff there but I don't plan to give this place my AR business when I buy another one.

texasislandboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    SA
    I stopped in the other day looking to spend some money on stuff for my trust... SBR lower and the ower told me they only have a class 3. I think to be able to make money in that kinda business you need to have your class 7. people are willing to spend loads of cash on TACTICAL CRAP right now so it can sit in their safe and never be used. I know of some ranch owners that "heard" the new 30-30 was a .300BO and had to have a SBR with a suppressor and they both spent 3k on the base guns it made me sick to hear that from them.

pvtsnowball82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Outside San Antonio
    Went to this shop today to check out their kydex "minimalist" holster. It's a really cool idea for a holster; it's basically a trigger guard cover with a bit more kydex formed into a belt clip. It's relatively inexpensive ($20), so I've been curious about it.

Anyway, the one I looked at today was defective; it hadn't been formed properly, so it wouldn't retain the M&P I tested it on. Unfortunately it was the last one they had until a new shipment comes in. So if you go look at this holster in the future, be sure to test it while you're there.

KaliJuan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    San Antonio
    If you want to get some High Speed stuff in the realm of AR's, Gear, or Honest Gunsmiths / Builders on AR's - GO TO HILL COUNTRY BLACK RIFLES, Rey and Alton run that shop over off of Thousand Oaks near Wetmore and they are open SIX days a week. The last time I was at Topbrass, some of the employees there were looking for a shop to refer AR business to and I left one of the guys HCBR's biz card with them. Rey also builds Kydex holsters and does Cerakote work. They are planning on adding more things in the shop and eventually will even start carrying some AK stuff (for those like me, who run Kalashs). Avoid Alamo Tactical . . .

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Plus, Hill Country doesn't post 5,012 ads per day on TexasGunTrader...that crap makes Alamode Tactikewl a no-go for me...

Speaking as a 07/SOT, the 8 month wait for the NFA folks to get through the stack of applications kills lots of business. Immediate gratification is a such a popular thing. And with that...I'll be in my bunk...

Alex

Top Bottom