• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • proforguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Pipe Creek
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Every Thursday night they put on a shooting club and have their instructors there for help.The fee is $20 they provide targets and spend 3 hours running you through different training scenarios and military qualifiers.I know they don't charge enough for range fees targets and time spent.Tell me of another LGS that provides that service.My favorite shop in town.
    Venture Surplus ad

Patrón

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    San Antonio
    I visited Alamo Tactical with Marcus for their July 4th weekend event this past weekend. I have to say, I was IMPRESSED. Those that know me know that I have some fairly high (and probably unrealistic, I'm an idealist) standards for certain things. For quite a few years I have worked out details and considered opening a gun store. To put it simply, if I was building a gun store in San Antonio, this is pretty much the EXACT store I would build. Everything seems very well thought out. They have a wide selection of a whole lot of stuff you basically only ever see online. In terms of holster and gear selection, they have a better selection than GT Distributors. They have Comp-Tac and Blade Tech holsters, kydex holsters they make themselves, that appear very well made and finished. They also all seem like a good group of people. EVERY employee in the store was open carrying a handgun, which I thought was especially cool.

It also seems that the owners know their stuff and have some well-planned ideas. At this July 4th event, Jim Smith from Spartan Tactical up near Dallas, was present. He had a presentation and discussion of Operation Gothic Serpent (Blackhawk Down), which he was involved in. For those of you that don't know of Jim, he's a former 1SFOD-D guy. Some of the parts of the movie are based on his story, some of the things he did, and some of the difficult situations he dealt with. The fact that the owners got Jim down here says a lot to me about their knowledge of training, the training industry, and industry leaders. They also had a couple of officers with the SAPD Gang Unit do a presentation on gangs in San Antonio. It was very enlightening hearing from "the guys on the ground" as to what's going on with gangs in SA. Interesting stuff, and both officers seemed like great, well-informed people that definitely had a clue. I was impressed with their presentation as well. All in all, I would highly recommend Alamo Tactical. I will definitely look forward to visiting those guys again.
    I couldn't have said it any better...nice inventory, nice location. I've bought holsters, ammo and clothing there and was treated well.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    View attachment 22616 View attachment 22617 View attachment 22618 Every Thursday night they put on a shooting club and have their instructors there for help.The fee is $20 they provide targets and spend 3 hours running you through different training scenarios and military qualifiers.I know they don't charge enough for range fees targets and time spent.Tell me of another LGS that provides that service.My favorite shop in town.

Wow, that's cool.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    View attachment 22616 View attachment 22617 View attachment 22618 Every Thursday night they put on a shooting club and have their instructors there for help.The fee is $20 they provide targets and spend 3 hours running you through different training scenarios and military qualifiers.I know they don't charge enough for range fees targets and time spent.Tell me of another LGS that provides that service.My favorite shop in town.

Where do they do that?

Big Phil

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    SATX
    I used to love that store, I've shopped with them since they were on WW White. I used to defend them online and elsewhere but not anymore.

About a month ago I went to pick up some rail covers. When I was ready to pay there was a "gentleman" on the inside of the counter. His back was towards me and I literally had to move around him to pay. He never moved, never said excuse me, never so much as acknowledged me. Just stood in my way.
    Really!
    The new people Chris brought in are no better than some of the goons at Academy, except their attitudes are worse.
    Billy is a great instructor and I really enjoyed learning from him but I will NEVER shop there again or send anyone there.
    I tried to call Chris but he's hard to get ahold of.

Just one mans story.

Last edited:

Chris@AlamoTactical

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2013
    San Antonio, TX
    Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Chris and I, for the most part, run Alamo Tactical. I just found out about this thread and just created a profile in order to be able to address some of the concerns being aired here.

First and Foremost, Big Phil: I am truly sorry for your experience. I am actually very grateful for the quality of the employees here. We don't have a bad one in the bunch. Yes, there were some 'training scars' we have had to address from some of their prior retail employment. For instance the "just sell them something" mentality had to be changed to a get them the right thing for them or refer them somewhere they can get what will work best for them. I can tell you this much about our current employees: every one of them truly cares about this place and understands that you, the customer, are what keeps us in business. Every one of them takes an experience like yours personally when we discuss them at staff meetings. Every one of them racks their brain to think of the incident, what went wrong, and how to prevent it in the future.

Your post does not give me much to work with. You didn't mention if the "gentleman" in question was an employee or not. I'm not sure how to proceed if you have been a happy customer for 4 years+ and this one event changes everything. I would appreciate it if you would come back in and talk to me about the incident and give us another chance to earn your business.

SIG_Fiend: I am glad you enjoyed the July 6th event. We will do a similar (but bigger and better) one next year. We actually started putting that event together only 10 days prior and really just pulled it off by the skin of our teeth. We honestly owe a huge thanks to the venders that sponsored some of the giveaways and to good friends who came through on such short notice. Jim Smith is a good friend I have known since I started AT. I have instructed for him a couple of times and we sponsor a stage at his Fallen Brethren 3 Gun Match every year. He and Tim Waid both went out of their way to travel to SA with only a weeks notice and they (along with the SAPD Gang Unit and Texas Law Shield) contributed greatly to the success of the event.

-Chris

Big Phil

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    SATX
    Chris,
    I would be more than happy to come in. The gentleman did work there and having been involved in retail before I was appalled.
    Thanks for trying to make it right, I'll see you soon.

Last edited:

Big Phil

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    SATX
    Well never say never, right? I got a chance to talk will Chris and its water under the bridge. It seems like it was a rare one in a million occurrence.

I've got to say if you need good gear and people who know their stuff, swing by. I'm going to do my best and go shoot with them next Thursday I expect it to be a great time.

SabBumNim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    I took my CHL class through Alamo tactical and it was a great experience. Only thing I felt was a little high in price there was some of the gunsmith services. I'm sure you guys do great work, but $125 to permanently attach a flash hider (bcm comp is already pre-drilled and comes with pin) seems a little steep, I am going to have to travel a little further to get it done for $50.

Nortex

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Republic of Texas
    On the flip side, Alamo Tactical quoted me the best price in town to thread some barrels. I ended up going a different route, but they gave me a good quote.

Wish we could work a trade of my Sig556 for that Kriss Vector in the shop. Can add some cash:)

Top Bottom