All about Texas!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by carneyman, Apr 25, 2008.

1. carneyman

carneyman Active Member

Feb 23, 2008
    Tyler
    Seeing as this is a forum for Texans, I figured we needed a thread like this. What is your favorite Texas region? Panhandle, Piney Woods, the Valley, etc?

Being from the panhandle, I am kinda partial to it. Didn't realize how much I liked the wide open spaces till I moved to Nacogdoches. After 5 years I'm starting to get a little claustrophobic. I also like the hill country. Its beautiful country.

2. brainiac

brainiac Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Parker County
    Tough question, it's all good!

I love west Texas, the wide-open spaces, beautiful sunsets, watching the thunderheads build from a couple of counties away, the drier climate. Real mountains if you go far enough west. Riding a motorcycle on a two-lane road before sunup, with the full moon over your shoulder.

The southwestern hill country - Edwards, Kinney, and Real Counties. The West Nueces River. Rugged, remote, and less travelled than the more traditional hill country.

The Brazos "Mountains" of Palo Pinto County - difficult to believe there is somewhere that steep, hilly, and pretty in north Texas until you have seen it.

I've only lived here for 27 years but I've been to almost every county in that time. Never seen one that I didn't like but these are my favorites.

3. TXB4Z

TXB4Z Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Austin, Tx
    The Hill Country.

4. Madhouse

Madhouse Active Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I've been in Houston for fourteen years now, but I've never explored any other parts of Texas.

:mad:

5. charlie-6

charlie-6 Member

Mar 6, 2008
    central texas
    Hill country for me, go ever chance i can love it.

6. longtooth

longtooth Active Member

Mar 24, 2008
    Lufkin, Texas
    If God granted me the hill country I would almost thin I was in heaven. The Piny Woods is still a good place to live.
    Carneyman,
    Wher do you shoot??? I am jsut across the river in Lufkin.

7. carneyman

carneyman Active Member

Feb 23, 2008
    Tyler
    Last time was in Tyler. Before that was back on my parents farm. Don't get to nearly enough.

8. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Hill Country / Lakes, by far.

I like the ocean as well. I consider it an annex of Texas.

9. carneyman

carneyman Active Member

Feb 23, 2008
    Tyler
    I consider Alaska and Hawaii annexes of Texas...might be a bit of a stretch though.

10. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I personally enjoy the area out around Kerrville. There are some nice twisty roads out there. Unfortunately I no longer have my 911 Turbo, however I do have plenty of memories of some "spirited" drives out in that direction. :D