All about Texas!!

carneyman

Feb 23, 2008
Tyler
Seeing as this is a forum for Texans, I figured we needed a thread like this. What is your favorite Texas region? Panhandle, Piney Woods, the Valley, etc?

Being from the panhandle, I am kinda partial to it. Didn't realize how much I liked the wide open spaces till I moved to Nacogdoches. After 5 years I'm starting to get a little claustrophobic. I also like the hill country. Its beautiful country.

brainiac

Mar 7, 2008
Parker County
Tough question, it's all good!

I love west Texas, the wide-open spaces, beautiful sunsets, watching the thunderheads build from a couple of counties away, the drier climate. Real mountains if you go far enough west. Riding a motorcycle on a two-lane road before sunup, with the full moon over your shoulder.

The southwestern hill country - Edwards, Kinney, and Real Counties. The West Nueces River. Rugged, remote, and less travelled than the more traditional hill country.

The Brazos "Mountains" of Palo Pinto County - difficult to believe there is somewhere that steep, hilly, and pretty in north Texas until you have seen it.

I've only lived here for 27 years but I've been to almost every county in that time. Never seen one that I didn't like but these are my favorites.

longtooth

Mar 24, 2008
Lufkin, Texas
If God granted me the hill country I would almost thin I was in heaven. The Piny Woods is still a good place to live.
Carneyman,
Wher do you shoot??? I am jsut across the river in Lufkin.

carneyman

Feb 23, 2008
Tyler
If God granted me the hill country I would almost thin I was in heaven. The Piny Woods is still a good place to live.
Carneyman,
Wher do you shoot??? I am jsut across the river in Lufkin.
Last time was in Tyler. Before that was back on my parents farm. Don't get to nearly enough.

SIG_Fiend

Administrator
TGT Supporter
Admin
Feb 21, 2008
Austin, TX
I personally enjoy the area out around Kerrville. There are some nice twisty roads out there. Unfortunately I no longer have my 911 Turbo, however I do have plenty of memories of some "spirited" drives out in that direction. :D

Top Bottom