Texas SOT

All of these anti-Constitutional Carry LTC instructors need to hear from us...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Overall, I'm for constitutional carry. But, when I took my license class a long time ago, there was a female student that obviously never held a handgun before the class. At the range, the instructor had to show her how to load and work the gun. I don't know if she passed the class or not (probably not), but I would NOT want a person like that with a handgun next to me at a restaurant. Because of that particular incident, I think some sort of training should be required.

Would you please point out where in the 2nd Amendment it says that some sort if training required?
    Military Camp

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    If there is a "but" in the sentence after you say you are pro 2A, You are not pro 2A. These instructors are pro dollar. They are afraid they are going to lose there income. There would be even more chances to teach and earn money. They could easily adapt and continue to do what they are doing now. There are still going to be people willing and wanting to take classes and improve their skill set. You get woke you go broke. Stop giving these guys your money. I am telling everybody I know not to use the instructors that are on that list from my area.

Welcome to TGT.

Stop over in the Intro Section and say hello.

Brojon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    So add a requirement for a public high school class open to adults for safe, moral, and responsible gun handling. We gotta get creative with the bargaining table!
    Exactly - the NRA used to provide such training in schools and the schools had shooting sports.
    Then the 60's hippies and other assorted libs that meandered into education started to pussify America with their KumBaYah crap.
    Bring back gun education in schools. They can teach perverse sex but not civics or a practical skill.

retiredboomer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2019
    Texas
    I need some help in understanding why the Motorist Protection Act of 2007 isn’t a bigger deal in this discussion. It pretty much gave us vehicular constitutional carry, right? I’m ashamed to say I didn’t follow that debate at the time, but imagine the same array of opponents had much the same arguments. Or even more dire—idiots in 4000 lb. cages with firearms! Once again, those predictions didn’t come to pass and the law seems to be uncontroversial. I may be misunderstanding it, so someone please set me straight. Thanks.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I need some help in understanding why the Motorist Protection Act of 2007 isn’t a bigger deal in this discussion. It pretty much gave us vehicular constitutional carry, right? I’m ashamed to say I didn’t follow that debate at the time, but imagine the same array of opponents had much the same arguments. Or even more dire—idiots in 4000 lb. cages with firearms! Once again, those predictions didn’t come to pass and the law seems to be uncontroversial. I may be misunderstanding it, so someone please set me straight. Thanks.

Welcome to TGT.

Stop over in the Intro Section and say hello.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Wow, U.S. Law Shield is ignorant about the law too....

"While Texas law does not require any formal paperwork to document a change in firearm ownership, a bill of sale is a strong recommendation. This bill of sale should include the date of the transaction, the make, model, serial number, color, and general description of the firearm. You should also list the names, addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of the buyer and yourself. We also recommend you take a photo of the buyer’s Texas Driver’s License or License to Carry a Handgun.

You should keep a copy of the bill of sale, give one to the buyer, and make sure to store the document in a secure place. It might even be a good idea to save a digital copy using an encrypted cloud service.

This document will be essential should the firearm you sold wind up at a crime scene or in the hands of a criminal. If the police show up at your front door asking questions about the gun sometime down the line, you will be able to clearly show when it left your possession."

Will somebody else take lead and point out folks that have been convicted by a BOS vs folks that have been exonerated?
    I’m tired of doing it.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Overall, I'm for constitutional carry. But, when I took my license class a long time ago, there was a female student that obviously never held a handgun before the class. At the range, the instructor had to show her how to load and work the gun. I don't know if she passed the class or not (probably not), but I would NOT want a person like that with a handgun next to me at a restaurant. Because of that particular incident, I think some sort of training should be required.
    I don’t want mentally ill people voting or holding office.
    But there you go.

“Shall not be infringed”

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Really what we have here is a group who support gun rightS because they can make $ from it

In simplest of meanings, that seems to be what I believe is the reason.

But in all fairness, some of those names on the second page might not be quite accurate, or signed out of being misled on what they were signing or adding their names to.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    and there is a bill of sale.
    2299484B-31AF-4177-A9DE-894EFAC9E87E.jpeg

Dumpnpump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2020
    As a Dammyankee in a less than free state, I have been compiling a spreadsheet of those states that have constitutional carry. I have played by the rules since Illinois was forced to grant shall issue CCW to the citezenry. There are currently 18 constitutional states. At 60 plus years of age, I know the safety rules and ramifications of indiscriminate firearms use. I have also come to the conclusion that the drooling idiot that we have in the white house will do nothing but paint a target on my back if I continue to register myself.

I hope the Texas legislature gets this done. It would move the lone star state up on my list of where I would like to live. Keep up the good work boys!

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Thanks, I've added you to my list of people I won't deal with because of your ignorance of the law and not knowing an unnotarized bill of sale is worthless in court!

By the way, any reason why you discriminate against those without a LTC? There is no legal reason to do so, as many law-abiding Texans don't have one. There is law requiring a LTC to purchase a firearm in Texas...

Did you move here from California?
    Given the 7 posts in 14y, I think we are safe.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I’m not a lawyer, or government official that is involved in the discussion. I only know what I read, and all references within HB1911 to licensed carry are removed from the bill. This indicates to me, that with constitutional carry, the LTC program is no longer necessary to continue. If the TX LTC becomes invalid, then a purchaser from an FFL would only accept your TX DL for identification, and you would go through the NICS check, just like every other non LTC holder. As far as the F2F sale, that’s just how I choose to be responsible in selling. I won’t sell to you if you don’t have a LTC, and there is a bill of sale. That’s just how I choose to do my due diligence with who I choose to sell a firearm to.
    Good for you. Got any primers?

Stuff them.

Top Bottom