• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    My little brother moved down to Blanco from Chicago a few years ago and after having his house built plus pool and wellhouse, included a Generac, uses propane. He knew they were on the end of the line as to power service outage and restoration. It's an automatic come on and has used it a few times. I recall him saying it was around $10k at the time. As an aside, he went all out on insulating his attic and walls using that fancy dancy stuff. His a/c seldom comes on and he went into his attic recently it was only 85 degrees. "Get out of here", I told him as he and I had crawled around in plenty of attics in Texas summers running telco wiring.
    That spray foam insulation is pretty amazing. One weird thing, it goes on so hot that it sometimes burns down the house during installation.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    The stuff they sprayed in my portable building ended up being soft, you can stick your fingers through it. I expected it to be harder like that can foam. In checking around I get the impression there are at least two different types, an 'open cell' and a 'closed cell'?

Top Bottom