Alright computer geeks!

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
Feb 23, 2008
San Antonio
My Norton Internet Security subscription is up and I'm in the market for a new IS program. Norton is fine, but it's a HUGE resource hog. Does anybody run something better than Norton?

Owens

Mar 5, 2008
Levelland
For anti-virus, try Avast. Get it at Avast.com. Best of all, it's free, is updated real regular.

Thats also all I run, other than the Xp firewall and my network firewall.

SIG_Fiend

Administrator
TGT Supporter
Admin
Feb 21, 2008
Austin, TX
Whatever you do, don't waste your time with Mcaffee. It's been awhile since I used it but, it's a horrible program. It's incredibly memory intensive and just doesn't work as well as other programs I've used in the past (Norton is quite a bit better if you can believe that).

phatcyclist

Feb 22, 2008
Austin, TX
For anti-virus, try Avast. Get it at Avast.com. Best of all, it's free, is updated real regular.

Thats also all I run, other than the Xp firewall and my network firewall.
I've been using Avast on my PCs for a few years with no problems. I highly recommend it.

DEFKON99

Mar 16, 2008
san antonio
Personally I would say Avast as well I've been running it for over 3 years now and haven't had to format my system since.

As for my experience ive been in the Tech game for going on 9 years and i must say theres alot of free junk out there but Avast just does its job and shuts the hell up unlike alot of those free ones that bug the hell out of you while your trying to get stuff done like mcaffee.

Its free, Stable, and get the job done. I personally like the Boot scan which it can perform before the Os actually boots.

so yea Avast

Also any you guys feel free to Pm me with any Computer related issues im willing to help.

Thanks
Rudy

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
Feb 29, 2008
DFW area.....Wylie.
I changed from Norton to Windows Live Onecare. It doesn't comsume near the resources as Norton and has worked great since I started using it (approx 8 months ago).

Top Bottom