• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I wear ear plugs and muffs one way or the other. I just don’t see the value proposition. I get the cool factor and have enjoyed friend’s suppressors when I’ve shot them, but I’m not recoil averse (to a point). I’d like to care for the hearing of those around me, but for $1,200.00 - I can buy one, two, or even three guns.

Last edited:

TXAZ

:)
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    South of the Red, North of the Gulf
    congrats!
    I waited 14 months for the suppressor on my .50 and decided I wasn’t going to do that again. So I built my own (3 actually) from a kit under a Form 1, online.

~23 days to-get the 3 stamps on average, about a week to build.
    Below is my 2x12 suppressor on a .300 Subsonic 7” SBR.
    The bolt cycling noise is louder than the shots.
    Cost of the cans range from $100 (avoid) to $400 for an 8” Titanium or 12” AL below.
    (Yes all done legally).
    30F8B132-CF83-4206-867C-54620C171791.jpeg

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    What's an e-f4 (electronic form 4) I haven't physically filled out anything.

Sliencer shop is doing the paper for you and mailing it in. That paper is worked manually in a first in first out manner for each processing step.

The e-form 4 is a full electronic submission; it can be worked on by multiple people at one time. Things like serial number recording can be automated.

There are additional steps the F4 requires over the F1, but not 6-8 months worth of work. I don’t know what the ‘new’ normal will be once the paper backlog is cleared out, but I would not be surprised if 45 - 60 days becomes normal.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Basically dp with doing it electronically by apps and a kiosk you no longer have to go get prints from a PD or go to a store for passport sized photos.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Sliencer shop is doing the paper for you and mailing it in. That paper is worked manually in a first in first out manner for each processing step.

The e-form 4 is a full electronic submission; it can be worked on by multiple people at one time. Things like serial number recording can be automated.

There are additional steps the F4 requires over the F1, but not 6-8 months worth of work. I don’t know what the ‘new’ normal will be once the paper backlog is cleared out, but I would not be surprised if 45 - 60 days becomes normal.
    My first can via snail mail took 5 months. I’m going to be unimpressed if doing it electronically doesn’t free up a lot of time.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    To give people an idea of how efficient ATF e-filing can be, here’s a look at their processing time as of 9/30/21. This is average processing time, but I don’t know how far back the look is.

I’m betting it’ll take a year+ to normalize for the F4s.

37699339654f676313cc6da59bad65ad.jpg

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    We have a Silencer Shop Kiosk at my work & started selling suppressors in late March early April.... and have yet to have any stamps come back.

• Sad
    Reactions: MTA

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    Congrats, now the wait. When I bought my Dean Air Mask and Omega 9K at the same time, it took several days less than a year.

Now to earmark some money for the piston(s), lug mounts, threaded barrels, etc. The spending doesn't stop when filling out the NFA paperwork...

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    When I bought my SilencerCo Sparrow back during the previous iteration of Eform4 it took about 60 days to get approved.

There were some folks that got in line as soon as the option opened up and only had to wait 2 weeks for their goodies.

flgfish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2020
    The Woodlands
    I’ll have to keep my eyes open and maybe get a new can if this actually comes to pass. I bought a YHM R9 about three weeks ago and am in for a long wait.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    We have a Silencer Shop Kiosk at my work & started selling suppressors in late March early April.... and have yet to have any stamps come back.
    Damn. Im on about month 7 waiting for my two suppressors. Maybe ill have my 36m for axis deer season this june

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    I wear ear plugs and muffs one way or the other. I just don’t see the value proposition. I get the cool factor and have enjoyed friend’s suppressors when I’ve shot them, but I’m not recoil averse (to a point). I’d like to care for the hearing of those around me, but for $1,200.00 - I can buy one, two, or even three guns.

Hell, $1200 won't even buy a decent scope, at least not the ones I buy!

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    The three Form 1 build's that I did took around 9 weeks to get approved. All of my Form 4's took between 4 - 10 month's, but that was many years ago.

Top Bottom